All things "Victory"

richbum

Just got off the Victory yesterday. I probably can find his name in the Fun Times once I get unpacked. I checked several evenings during the week and the place was ALWAYS empty so we didn't stick around.

I was also under the impression that the piano bar was now non-smoking, but I know there were a couple of people in there smoking when I stopped by (they were the only two in there however.)

Thanks AryMay! I did just read a quick review from one of your fellow passengers in another thread. He said the PB guy's name was James and he also said every night it was empty.

The PB guy that just left the Victory was the same way...empty most nights..I was hoping for someone good next go 'round.

I believe he was just starting on the Victory this past week. Not sure if he's completely new or transferred from another ship but maybe he'll get better after he's been there awhile.

Odds are Adam is asking about cabin 1002 on deck 10.

A coworker of my wife just got off the Victory and had that cabin Also their first cruise. She was sea sick most of the cruise. All she said when going out to the viewing area it was very windy when at sea.

Paul

i believe it's deck 1

Wednesday is Barbados day (I live there I should know..)

BBay-771.jpg

what is that barbados beach named? i'm going on feb 12-2012 on the victory and i loved that picture from barbados!!! i want to go there!

I believe that's Bottom Bay Beach. Southeast coast of the island. A fair ways from the cruise port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I've seen recent posts about all things magic, allthings valor, etc., but have not seen one about all things victory. I know it is very old, but I'm glad someone brought it to the top because I will be on the Vicotry in just under 4 weeks.

Wednesday is Barbados day

BBay-771.jpg

what is that Barbados beach named? i'm going on feb 12-2012 on the victory and i loved that picture from barbados!!! i want to go there!

Bit late to answer this specific query but...

This is Bottom Bay beach out at almost-the-easternmost end of the island,

quite aways from the pier, REMOTE -with very few amenities if any

and you will need your transport to wait on you when you get there

because once you're there, you're almost in the middle of nowhere with no taxis, no phone booth, nothing.

How do I know this? I live on the island (not long, only 6 decades)

and I'm the guy who took the shot! ;)

BBay-768.jpg

Here's another..

Bottom Bay is a great beach location to seek out if you're staying on the island for a few days at a hotel, and have your own hired car!

but for a day trip off your ship, your best bet might be to get together a group of maybe 8 or 10 like-minded people

hire one of those 12 seater van things, and pay the guy to take you, wait for you and bring you back!

In reality, it might be best to make Bottom Bay part of a general island tour, or half-island tour

and just spend half-hour at the beach itself, and then continue on.

Hoping this helps some folks resolve the matter of a tempting photo -versus the reality of its location.

Can't wait to sail out on this beauty in September!!! Only 194 days to go :eek:

We are going in September too! I am so excited. It just seems so loooonnnng! Hopefully it will be here before we know it and we will have all the hurricanes over with! 172 days left!!!!

Edited by cruisebabe50

Victory is moving out of San Jan in Jan 2013 and Valor in moving in Feb. 2013. I think I will do this cruise again with the new ship and see what it is all about.

I read somewhere that Victory is scheduled for the 2.0 treatment in 2013. Hoping that happens between when she is in SJ and the Miami. Anyone know if that's the plan?

Victory is moving out of San Jan in Jan 2013 and Valor in moving in Feb. 2013. I think I will do this cruise again with the new ship and see what it is all about.

I just noticed that, and immediately booked a B2B on Victory for the last SJ to SJ sailing and the SJ to Miami repositioning. Great ports with only one overlap! (Besides SJ) :D

I have been reading post and reviews for months now. We don't cruise for 381 days and I can't wait! :D This will be the first cruise for me and my BF.

We booked the cruise on the Victory for April 2013. We will be in cabin 6451. Was wondering if someone could help me find a thread that has pictures of this cabin or if someone could post some if they have stayed in that cabin. I've been looking but can't find much.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Thanks for the great review. One question -- are the blowdryers in the balcony cabins that weird-looking contraptions? Do I need to bring my own???

Yep the dryers are those weird things! lol Do bring your own if you rely on one as the ship ones are a bit slow.

I have been reading post and reviews for months now. We don't cruise for 381 days and I can't wait! :D This will be the first cruise for me and my BF.

We booked the cruise on the Victory for April 2013. We will be in cabin 6451. Was wondering if someone could help me find a thread that has pictures of this cabin or if someone could post some if they have stayed in that cabin. I've been looking but can't find much.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Here is a link to a photo of the cabin on the opposite side of the ship but with same configuration as yours. If the link doesn't stick just go to cruiselinerooms dot com and navigate through the ship lists to get to the victory.

********************/view_room.php?r_id=20213