Can you cancel and rebook same cruise?

luvvp

Lets just say you paid $2000 for your cruise and with the new itinerary there were many cancellations, can you get a refund and rebook the new low price?

I was just wondering cause it just doesn't seem right that the people with the original bookings have paid so much more.

Did they refuse to give you a future credit?

How do the credit's work? What if we rebook for a different ship the next week and it is less then the amount I originally paid, will I be able to use the rest as a onboard credit for drinks, tips, etc?

Lets just say you paid $2000 for your cruise and with the new itinerary there were many cancellations, can you get a refund and rebook the new low price?

I was just wondering cause it just doesn't seem right that the people with the original bookings have paid so much more.

I wondered that same thing. It says I have until May 7TH the cancel since they changed the ports and I have to use the credit by Dec. Now the prices are dropping big time.I also wondered if I called to cancel if I could rebook to get the better price for the same cruise. I don't see anything that says I can't do this. It just says cancel by may 7Th and have to use the credit by Dec.

I wondered that same thing. It says I have until May 7TH the cancel since they changed the ports and I have to use the credit by Dec. Now the prices are dropping big time.I also wondered if I called to cancel if I could rebook to get the better price for the same cruise. I don't see anything that says I can't do this. It just says cancel by may 7Th and have to use the credit by Dec.

You have until Dec 2010. So technically you could cancel - rebook at the lower price (paying out of pocket) and just re-book a new one by Dec 2010

Actually I believe I'm wrong. If you are in the penalty phase, I think you'd lose the deposit and then some depending on how close you are to the cruise. Sorry....I can't seem to find the edit button.

They are not allowing you to cancel and rebook the exact same sailing.

What if you canceled that booking, and then waited a few days, a week or whatever and then rebooked????

Actually I believe I'm wrong. If you are in the penalty phase, I think you'd lose the deposit and then some depending on how close you are to the cruise. Sorry....I can't seem to find the edit button.

The OP won't if she's on one of the changed itinerary sailings, which it appears she is.

If you booked through CCL call for an adjustment. If you booked through CCL and belong to BJ's Costco Sams call them and have them take the reservation over. They're always cheaper too!!

So...If I cancel my 5/24/09 booking and take the future cruise credit...

a) could I re-book the same sailing date with the future cruise credit at a lower price and use the remaining $$$ for OBC

or

b) could I re-book the same sailing date with new $$$ and save the future cruise credit for another sailing before 12/2010

I'll e-mail my travel agent, but frankly, I'm sure she's tired of hearing from me.

What if you canceled that booking, and then waited a few days, a week or whatever and then rebooked????

Actually, somebody on another thread did just that. So, I guess they are allowing it. Or it could be one of those things where it depends who you get.

Archived