Concierge Class Question

Faygelah

We are travelling on the Constellation Eastbound transatlantic April 24th in a 1A aft cabin, 8170. Our travel documents arrived today. On the first page it says "Welcome to Concierge Class." Does this mean we get Concierge Class amenities, or do they say that on everybody's documents just to advertise the new CC?

That is strange. My DH and I were on the Constellation, cabin 8185 to N. Europe last summer and it wasn't CC. One thing I have to say is, you will love that cabin! I'll be interested to know when you return whether it's CC or not. I hope you have a wonderful voyage. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Garry

click <a href="mailto:gkm278@comcast.net">here</a href> to send me an email

...and what amenities do you get if it is concierge class? We're going to be booking shortly for next February and we're wondering if its worth it to upgrade to concierge class. Do you board earlier? Tender earlier? Is 9th deck OK...you're under pool??? Thanks.

Sandy/Long Island NY

If you go to Celebrity's web site the infor on CC class is listed.

We think it is worth it and on the M class they are all on the 9th deck. We have never had any problems the three times we have there and in fact prefer the 9th deck.

Ray
91 days at sea w/4 lines in 6 years. Celebrity is the best for us!
Future Bookings -
-MERCURY 5/17/04 Alaska 12day
-Constellation 9/7/04 Transatlantic Westbound
-Infinity 1/31/05 South America-Rio Carnival

Taken off the celebrity.com website:

Concierge Class Staterooms feature:

welcome champagne
daily fruit selection
canapés
fresh-cut flowers
a menu of pillows -
conformance, body, goose, and Isotonic®
pillow-top mattresses
duvets
sofa pillows
leather key holder
personalized stationery
tote bag
umbrella

the bathroom:

bath rugs
bath mats
oversized bath towels
hand towels
facial towels
flower vase
frette bathrobes
hansgrohe showerhead
salon-quality hair dryer
a selection of shampoos
body lotions, and soaps
showercap
breath mints
sewing kit

priority service:

priority luggage delivery
priority pressing service
shoeshine valet
priority laundry service
extended room service
dining and seating preference
vip invitations to events
preference on shore excursions
priority embarkation and debarkation

We just book Millie, cabin 8067 for December, and it is definitely CC. Believe many of the 1A's were converted to CC after April sailings.
Debbi

1998 Imagination
1999 Voyager of Seas
2000 Ocean Princess
2001 Explorer of Seas
2002 Radiance of Seas
2003 Golden Princess & Navigator of Seas
2004 Tahitian Princess
2004 Millenium

Good Question - as we booked Summit for 3/26 dep, we were first told that stern/veranda 9164 (disabled) was CC, then the TA said, LINE SAYS: "CC doesn't begin 'til 4/15". We were to ret 4/5 - Summit's next was an 11 day - go figure.

If has appeared that Celeb's product upgrades have been imposed on a "not later than annouced" policy (smart). So, CC class door plates were at many consolidated preferred cabin locations (not just one floor) and the CC amenities seemed to be "in effect" when we cruised. I wasn't CC. But my mom's CC cabin had daily fresh cut flowers, seemingly daily hors d'ouvres and such. My disabled mom had a blast! The rear verandas are "truely" disabled friendly - or any user - friendly; jeez, spacious with 4 loungers, a FULL size table and 2 chairs (as big or bigger than the cabin).

As a "cusp" pax/CC pricer, I don't know what folks will think of a $10 a day boost for more lux. Personally, I think it is not just AOK - but exactly what a lot of poster's were clamoring for. In other words, selectively, boost the prices a little to add additional lux to a good line's services; keeping the most price competitive cabins "most price competitive". I can't argue with it. The line selectively generates the $boost it needs; the pax selectively gets same. The line mass doesn't suffer, they get the same public and restaurant service as the whole...

Cool

Debbi,

I hope you're right, but everything I've heard and seen is that the 1A's that were on deck 9 were converted to CC. Under the old classification, the "Premium Ocean View Veranda Staterooms" were 1A, 1B and 1C with the 1A's being on deck 9, the 1B's being on deck 8 and the 1C's on deck 7 (with 4 1C's on deck 6.

Now they have changed the old 1A's to CC, 1B's to 1A and 1C's to 1B (except the ones on deck 6 are 1A's because they are larger). Your 8067 is probably a 1A under the NEW rules. We were the Constellation in July of last year and they had instituted the CC early. Our cabin, 8175 was NOT a CC. We had an option to take a CC on the side versus the cabin we took on deck 8 which was an aft cabin at the same price, but kept the aft. While we like what the CC offers and would take a side CC over a side non-CC, we would take an aft non-CC over even a sky suite on the side, but that's just us.

It would have been less confusing if they had left the other cabins 1B and 1C because a lot of people are expecting cabins they booked as 1A to be CC. Another confusion is that there are some of the old 2A's (I think they are still 2A) on deck 9. Not all veranda cabins are CC on deck 9. Unless the cabin description is "Premium" and is on deck 9, I would be pretty sure it is not a CC. Hope I'm wrong for your sake.

CC is a nice extra touch, but it won't make or break a cruise. The worst I've ever been on was still great and the best one had nothing to do with the cabin.

Bob

Thanks Bob,
My paperwork from agency states the cabin number, booking number and classification of CC. Same info in Celebrity's computer system.
But I thank you for the head's up and will call both the agency and Celebrity directly on Monday.
Debbi

1998 Imagination
1999 Voyager of Seas
2000 Ocean Princess
2001 Explorer of Seas
2002 Radiance of Seas
2004 Tahitian Princess
2004 Millenium

OK, so, did anybody get an answer to the question???

I think Bob answered it correctly, but.............

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Thanks Rosie! My original question was: Does everybody's documents say "Welcome to Concierge Class" if the ship offers CC to some pax, or does the fact that it says it on my documents mean I have a CC cabin? I called customer service twice and got two different answers, but both customer service folks said there were indeed CC cabins on the 8th deck.

By the way, is it just me or do others find the customer service folks not quite up to the service level of the shipboard staff?

Nice to know I'm not the only one getting confused. When we originally booked this our agent went back and forth on the phone with Celebrity for a good l0 minutes about whether our cabin would be CC for our trip. Now I'm wondering all over again [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Debbi

1998 Imagination
1999 Voyager of Seas
2000 Ocean Princess
2001 Explorer of Seas
2002 Radiance of Seas
2004 Tahitian Princess
2004 Millenium

I have been on many Celebrity Cruises, and while I may be wrong on this... I have been told repeatedly that CC Class Cabins are ONLY on Deck 9 On The Millennium Class Ships. They are on other decks, other than deck 9, on the Century Class ships.

I would suspect a Cabin on Deck 8, would not be entitled to CC amenities. I am sailing on Summit later this month, and I have heard stories of a few people on my cruise, getting the same "Welcome to Concierge Class" message on their docs, who have cabins on Deck 8. When they called Celebrity to ask for clarification, they were told that the message has been printing in error on some Cruise Docs. So, that might be what is happening in your situation. Sorry I dont have happier news.

To be sure, I would call Celebrity, and ask. While Celebrity does a great job on the ships, customer service at Celebrity is another story. I have had some very disappointing experiences with them. Maybe you will get lucky, and you will speak to someone who actually knows.

Even if you are not in Concierge Class, I wouldnt get all that upset about it. I did Concierge Class a few months ago on Millennium. While it was nice, it didnt add anything spectacular to my cruise experience.

I am sure you will have a great time, with or without Concierge Class. Enjoy your Cruise !

Days Until Celebrity Summit 4/30/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;30;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]

Days Since Celebrity Millennium 11/30/03
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2003;11;30;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

When I read this I called Celebrity because I'm in cabin 8172 (equivalent right next door to you) on Infinity, leaving on April 25. Boo hoo for me, you are one of the lucky ones! They are rolling out the CC on deck 8 on different ships at different times, Constellation will start with your cruise, Infinity is not til the middle of May, so I think you are grandfathered in. Enjoy!

Stox,

I think you're right. In Feb. the Summit only had CC on deck 9 too! I have been told the same thing, CC is only on Sky Deck on the M class ships.

Hope this is true!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Warmwinds,
If celebrity starts converting early, you might still get lucky. Don't believe everything Celebrity tells you.

My document's for Galaxy 4/26 sailing don't say "welcome to concierge class" and my cat is listed as '2' even though my cabin is listed as CC class effective 4/15 on Celebrity's web site. I called celebrity to confirm cc class will be in place and they told me not until after my sailing. Other posters on Galaxy have reported that cc class has been in place since 3/18. So, maybe we'll all get lucky!

Okay,

We just got off Summit. The CC cabins actually say "concierge" on the cabin door. ONLY DECK 9 IS CONCIERGE. The original 1A's are now concierge, 1B's are not 1A, etc. The "new deck plans" are these cabins and many of the ships began implementing this early. Whether or not it's "after May.... or April..." it still remains, cc are former 1A's. Call the cruise line and have your t.a.'s call to confirm you are in the correct cabin. Your tickets say concierge class, make sure you're on deck 9, Sky. The other tickets say "welcome back captain's club member", or "welcome elite", or whatever. BE SURE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. Just a friendly work of advice.

Dolphin - 1990
Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995
Century - 1997, 2000, 2001
Galaxy - 1998
Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002
Millennium - 2003
Summit 2004
Summit 2005

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Countdown to Summit 2005

Thank you bob278 and everyone else. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity (#30 total) and it has been interesting. My travel agent called me today and apparently we have it straight. We did book CC and was assigned a cabin on Deck8 since they were to have many converted on that deck to CC by December (per our agent's call to book our trip) Appears now, that will not happen (haven't a clue) and they now tell us that we will be on Deck 9 since the change-over is "under review".
So, I now have a new CC cabin on deck 9 plus they threw in a $100 cabin credit for "the inconvenience". So Bob, my new friend, I shall have a "memorial cocktail" for you when we get on the ship. Thanks again everyone. We were curious, however, if they were ever going to let us know of this change! Debbi

1998 Imagination
1999 Voyager of Seas
2000 Ocean Princess
2001 Explorer of Seas
2002 Radiance of Seas
2004 Tahitian Princess
2004 Millenium

nhwedebbi

It sounds to me like your travel agent goofed, not Celebrity. As a CC member, Elite, we NEVER were informed that any other category was going to be concierge except Sky deck. Luckily you have it straightened out. Many, many posts have gone back and forth over the past about this situation and it has never been deck 8 for cc. In fact, the FV cabins are not concierge and they are on deck 9.

Have a wonderful trip.

Dolphin - 1990
Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995
Century - 1997, 2000, 2001
Galaxy - 1998
Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002
Millennium - 2003
Summit 2004
Summit 2005

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Countdown to Summit 2005

Debbi,

I don't usually need help drinking, but thank you for the "memorial cocktail". I'm very happy it worked out for you. $100 for the inconvenience, huh? I should be so inconvenienced.

I'm really interested in how this finally ends up. Since the aft cabins are so popular, it seems to me that Celebrity could take advantage of that and make all the aft cabins CC and get a couple of hundred per week more from them. We are so fond of them that we would take them over a sky suite for the same money and certainly wouldn't let the fact that one on deck 7 cost as much as one on deck 9 stop us.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you.

Bob

Archived