From Airport to Ship - VENICE

I need some advice...should we (four of us) take the Princess Transfer from the airport to the ship, or should we take a cab/van? Does anyone know the price for a cab to the cruise terminal? It would be $50/person for Princess transfers. Also, our flight arrives at 9:00 a.m. How long do you think they will make us wait to board the ship?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for asking these questions since I have the same.

a.) what is the most direct-to-ship way of getting there from the airport?

I keep reading about this or that with vaporetti and walking...

b.) I figure by the time we get bags, clear customs, catch whatever

transport...if we're at the port at 11am, how long is the typical wait?

Yes, I just read other threads on this subject so will definitely plan to take land taxi directly to the cruise terminal. Much less expensive than Princess transfers plus no waiting for the bus to fill up with other passengers.

Still wondering if anyone knows how long we may wait to board the Emerald Princess if we arrive at the ship around 11:00 a.m.

Not sure about Princess, but on Celebrity, at 11, you can check your baggage and check in, usually be able to board the ship, but you can't get into your cabin until 1--Princess has to be close to those time frames I would think.

We ended up taking the blue bus from the airport to Venice a few years ago when our family took a Costa cruise. Very easy to use and the price was right! The cruise line provided a free shuttle from Piazzale Roma where the bus will drop you off. You will have to check and see if Princess does this for you or not??

See this link for more information on Venice! http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

ATVO Fly Bus (blue coach)

07_piazzale_roma_atvo_sign_for_marco_polo_and_treviso_airport_buses_v_125_pb081395.jpgThis bus costs €3,00 and is handy if you're carrying more than one suitcase or backpack, since it has a luggage compartment underneath where the driver will stow your bags. You may also want to take this bus early or late in the day, when local commuters are riding the public bus. The stop is located between the Arrivals terminal and the Departures area. (Caution: Buses for Padova and certain other locations are also blue, so look for the "Venezia" sign before boarding.)

You can buy tickets at the ATVO counter in the arrivals hall (open 8 a.m. to midnight), from the ticket machines in the baggage-claim area, or from a ticket machine in the bus departure area.

Winncruiser, I have been to Venice and taken both private car, and taxi. Just go outside the baggage area and you can find a taxi. The cost will be for the entire car load, not per person. The drive is about 20 minutes depending on traffic. I can't give you an exact price for the taxi, due to the price of Euro going up and down. My guess would be 50 Euros for the taxi. You should get three people with luggage into taxi. Hope this helps.

One more thing regarding taxis. Venice has water taxis also. If you want to ride in a water taxi, you go out the airport walk about two hundred yards to the dock, and there are water taxis. There is a water taxi stand and the person there will negotiate a price for your group. The water taxi's only allow two pieces of luggage per person; this is due to the storage area on the boat. Hope this helps.

Archived