Few questions

Mrs Charmin

Few questions from a newbie:

1) Does pax mean passengers?

2) Is CC concierge cabin?

3) Are deposits refundable if you decide to cancel for any reason?

4) How are decks numbered? Is the highest deck one or ten?

5) Are there really good sites to see which cabins are good, ie. not near the engine room, etc. The Cabin Tip board doesn't seem to have this. We're looking at Celebrity Infinity. We're looking at the Continental Deck or Plaza Deck OV room. Can't decide.

I've seen terminology which I haven't understood and I've read some threads where people were concerned about/if their deposits would be refunded.

Hope someone can clear some things up for me. I could probably find some answers by doing some more reading, but I know there are many experienced cruisers out there who know the answers.

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes, you get your deposit back if you cancel within their cancellation guidelines.

4. Lower number=lower deck

5. The cruise line's brochures or the deck plans on their website.

CC has more than one meaning....

Conceirge Class, Capt's Club and what was that other one?

Oh yes, CRUISE CRITIC:);)

Deposits are refundable, however some agents/agencies do charge a non refundable fee. Of course it's easy to avoid those agencies if you ask in advance. Refunds on travel insurance vary....you have to ask when you buy it. I think Celebrities Travel insurance is fully refundable, but check on that....

You don't have to worry about being near the engine room...but check what's above and below your cabin and try to avoid cabins directly over/under something where there is noise. For example, many rooms on the sky deck are directly under the pool deck or dining room where there may be some noise as chairs scrape, etc. It's pretty much common sense. Try to avoid elevator areas or places where people may congregate and talk (yell) in the halls outside your door. Finally, try to avoid cabins with adjoining doors to another cabin because noise does come through.

Check out a website called "Cruisedeckplans dot com". (And the reason I wrote the name that way is that links don't always work on bulletin boards.)

There's a menu of cruise lines across the top with a drop down for individual ships below each one. Once you have the ship you want to review, you will see a short menu near the top right that begins with "Report Errors". Click on the "Drag Decks" command. You will have to go through a couple of easy additional steps - just carefully follow the instructions on each page. You will quickly arrive at the page with all your ship's public decks outlined. Locate the decks you're interested in, then drag the schematic of the deck above over your potential deck. Then repeat with the deck below. This will let you see exactly what's going to be above and below the cabins you're considering.

This same site also has a section that posts photos of individual cabins. For access to that, you have to pay a one-time fee of somewhere around $10-$12 - don't remember exactly how much.

Good luck!

Donia

A cabin crawl can be a couple of things. One is when a group of people get together and visit each other's cabins. Another can be when the cruise line allows passengers to view unoccupied cabins so they have an idea of what each category of cabin looks like.

Most of the answers above are good. Most people referring to a Cabin Crawl are referring to Kitty9's first explanation and this is often done in conjunction with people on the Cruise Critic roll call for a given cruise. We've been on about a dozen Celebrity cruises where we participated in Roll Calls and I think on two of them the group planned a Cabin Crawl.

CC often has one of the three meanings noted above but you can usually tell which based on the context where it is used.

If you haven't already done so find the Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your cruise, or one you're looking for - it is a great way to meet people on the cruise. We've made some great cruise friends through the Roll calls and a few of those have progressed into great friendships apart from cruising.

If you're wondering about a specific cabin try doing a search on the Celebrity forum for that particular cabin number and also the mirror cabin nearby or on the opposite side of the ship. For example if you're looking at cabin 6145 on an M Class ship do a search for "6145" and another search for "6146" (which happens to be the same cabin only on the Starboard, or right, side of the ship). Learning the search function, normal and "advanced", on Cruise Critic will really open the door to you in terms of doing research on any aspect of your cruise. Oh, and looking for cabin numbers, it helps to know that there are 3 basic ship styles: C-Class (Century, Mercury and Galaxy - the latter of which has left the fleet); M-Class - Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation; and S Class - Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse. Room discussions on one vessel in a fleet generally apply to others of the same class.

And TA means either travel agent or transatlantic.

And your deposit is refundable up to the day final payment is due, usually about 90 days before your cruise date--but that varies, it's just a general rule of thumb.

Cathy

CC has more than one meaning....

Conceirge Class, Capt's Club and what was that other one?

Oh yes, CRUISE CRITIC:);)

It also can stand for Celebrity Cruiseline or even Carnvial Cruiseline.

If you think that initials are tough here, I have been to Disney boards (for Disney theme parks) and most everyone uses initials. I have a very hard time figuring out what they are talking about.

I know exactly what you mean Hakejfam. However, we go to Disney more than we cruise and I've been on their boards long enough to know all the acronyms. Just have to get familiar with this cruise board's ways.

I'm sure having fun learning.

Archived