Coral Breeze tours??

cruisinlawn

We booked our Feb 2009 tour "Captain your own Boat" thru them. No problems whatsoever. Paid the deposit by CC and the rest at the pier the day of our tour. The tour itself was really alot of fun, great guides and lots of wildlife.

OP did not ask for alternative tour operators.....FYI..soliciting tour operators is against CC guidelines i.e. email addys or website links when not requested.

OP asked about Coral Breeze, they are the operators of the tour we took. They also offer other tours. OP did not specify which tour he/she was looking at. I was not soliciting anything or anyone. Op wanted to know if we had used Coral Breeze, we have, and I responded as such.

We booked the captain your own boat in Belize for last week - oh one week ago today we were going up the belize river - time flies. Anyway, the crew was awesome - no problems at all. The guys were very informative about the country and really showed us a good time. DH thought this was the best excursion we booked.

OP asked about Coral Breeze, they are the operators of the tour we took. They also offer other tours. OP did not specify which tour he/she was looking at. I was not soliciting anything or anyone. Op wanted to know if we had used Coral Breeze, we have, and I responded as such.

There was a response that was removed due to solicitation of someone OTHER than thru Coral Breeze.... my post, although appears to be directed at you (due to the other post being removed by the mods), was not. :D

thanks for the info welldone. I too didn't understand what traveltreats was stating. They made same similar post on another thread where info was being sought. Happy Sailing.

See my response above. And the other post I made on a different thread was due to the same member soliciting the same company that the mods removed as well..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back today and we did the Bannister Island Beach and Manatee watch through Coral Breeze. Finding them once off the tender was easy. We paid the balance, waited for some others and were off to the beach. Had a great time at Bannister and a few hours later, we headed out to find some manatees. We weren't very successful, but it wasn't from lack of trying by the guides. They took us to a few different spots, but it was hot and we all thought it may have been nap time for the manatees :) However, on the way back to the tourism village, the guides spotted some dolphins in the water and spent a good amount of time riding around so we all got to see. Back to the pier in plenty of time for the returning tenders. I would highly recommend them!

anyone have recent experience with them? I know they have been around just looking for recent trips with them.Thanks.

Just returned using them in Belize. Kids did a 2 tank dive on the reef with them and Dh & I were dropped at Bannister Island for about 3 hours while they dove. Wonderful day for all! Bannister was great and the diving the best, we're told.Only 8 of us on the boat (4 divers), dive master and boat captain & us. This worked well for our family, the kids had the dive master pretty much to themselves. I would recommend them and use them again if ever in Belize :D.

Just got back today and we did the Bannister Island Beach and Manatee watch through Coral Breeze. Finding them once off the tender was easy. We paid the balance, waited for some others and were off to the beach. Had a great time at Bannister and a few hours later, we headed out to find some manatees. We weren't very successful, but it wasn't from lack of trying by the guides. They took us to a few different spots, but it was hot and we all thought it may have been nap time for the manatees :) However, on the way back to the tourism village, the guides spotted some dolphins in the water and spent a good amount of time riding around so we all got to see. Back to the pier in plenty of time for the returning tenders. I would highly recommend them!

How long were you on Bannister Island? Did this tour use up enough of your day or did you feel you had time left with nothing else to do in Belize? What did you do on Bannister Island? (Sorry for all the questions, but this is the trip I am leaning towards.)

Can you book with Coral Breeze after you have docked? We'd like to do the Man Your Own Boat tour but we're a little hesitant to book ahead of time. Our cruise on May 7th to Cozmel was entirely canceled and we're unable to get our money back from Tour Cozumel on a beach trip we had planned, so we really don't want to be out anymore money on our July cruise if they change our itenerary, cancel the port or the company goes out of business.

Can you book with Coral Breeze after you have docked? We'd like to do the Man Your Own Boat tour but we're a little hesitant to book ahead of time. Our cruise on May 7th to Cozmel was entirely canceled and we're unable to get our money back from Tour Cozumel on a beach trip we had planned, so we really don't want to be out anymore money on our July cruise if they change our itenerary, cancel the port or the company goes out of business.

I would imagine only if you get lucky and someone is at the desk and the tour is not full. But, they don't charge you if the ship doesn't dock. Maybe you can go online the night before and book or just send an email, they are very repsomsive to emails.

Replying to - "I too was wondering about this tour operator especially with the snorkel part, and what lunch consists of."

This is the best snorkel tour in Belize stopping at two locations one of which to play with the Rays, in the water.

Lunch may be selected from a menue offered on the boat ride out to snorkel & it will be ready & served when you arrive at Caye Caulker at the Paridise Inn dining area. We like the local baked chicken with red beans & rice. Love it !

Our group of six snorkeled with them the week of 5/17/09 on the Legend.

Check out the Coral Breeze web site for ALL details.

Good luck.

Bill in Fl

I'm going to book with them for my cruise in November. I see on their website that they're not booking yet for November. I'm anxious to book because I don't want to wait and find that they're sold out. Does that happen often? Has anyone ever missed out because the tours were full?

our group of 8 did Bannister in mid-May. Some continued on to snorkel. We all enjoyed and would return again with these guys. We had bout 3.5 to 4 hours on Bannister. Those that snorkeled had little over one hour once they returned to the island. This is a man made beach, its not the nicest we have ever been to and not the worst but it did make for a very relaxing day, wish I were there now. The only gitch was we departed the pier 45 minutes late due to waiting on another group whom were late off ship:mad::mad:. We should have left them. The Hammerhead guides weren't very informative of what we were waiting on until we approached them. Regardless, I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again. We really wanted Caye Caulker but port times didn't allow enough time. Gives us a reason to go back:D. Enjoy.

There is a minimum of 4 people that have to have booked the tour the day that you dock in Belize City.... The excursion is run by Hammerhead Tours.... I don't know if you can book from the dock or not to be honest.... I would think if the tour is running that day that you could but if all the boats are full you'd be out of luck.... CoralBreeze Tours is a pretty well run operation... Your best bet is to pay the deposit in advance and that way you know that you'll have a boat of your own to Captain...

Joey

Just returned from the Carnival Valor 5/24/09 cruise. This was by far my favorite excursion of the trip. I could rave about this all day. We had 3 excellent guides and the whole operation was run very well. There were 7 of us who booked in advance, and although 5 people ran a little behind due to tendering issues, the whole outing was un-rushed and we all had a great time. There was another couple that also was on the excursion, but I'm not sure if they booked ahead of time or not. Our guides were knowledgeable and spent time explaining some of the history of Belize as well as pointing out all the wildlife that we got to see. The mangrove channel was a site to see!

What I remember most was how I almost felt bad for the people who booked excursions on the larger, cruise-line promoted boats. As they were sitting row by row in these big boats meandering through the river, we raced by them in our individual boats. I think the biggest testament to how good this tour was is the fact that we couldn't wait to tip them $10+ per person. It was truly an experience to remember.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from Belize on Carnival. Booked a diving excursion with Coral Breeze. I will say that dealing with Coral Breeze was very professional and very organized. However they put us with a Operator called Hammerhead Water Sports and they were just Terrible, unsafe and disorganized. Below is a copy of the letter that I sent to Mark. Mark did respond and offered to refund our groups deposits. Would I use Coral breeze again? maybe. Would I use Hammerhead watersports again? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! In the letter I didn't even mention that several of their tanks weren't full or that they didn't have enough equipment and had to pull the boat up to a competitor to borrow a BCD and fins. letter below....

Tour: Barrier Reef Two-Tank Scuba Diving

Tour Date: July 14, 2009 (8:00 a.m.)

Carnival Glory

Dear Coral Breeze Tours,

This was the worst run excursion I have ever booked! My dealings with Coral Breeze were fine but Hammerhead is a JOKE!!!! They are dangerous and disorganized! My wife almost broke her finger getting back into that rickety boat with the movable dive ladder. luckily it was only tissue damage that will heal but it was swollen for days after. Also the dive group never asked for our dive cards! it didn't matter to them if we were certified or not. It was only my wife and I's 3rd dive ever and we (as new divers are not supposed to go below ft. and our guide took us to 80 ft. and sent us up to the surface on our own!!!!! to top it all off some of the people in our group didn't even get to do the excursion that they paid for! There was no one to take them on the manatee watch so they were left out and just spent time on the beach. Moreover the guy running the show at hammerhead was an english guy with a bad attitude. we were trying to discern who was taking us diving and who was taking them on the manatee thing and his words were "the more time we spend talking about it the less time you have to go diving" in a very condecending manner. The Manatee people should get a refund and if you care what people say about you, will never use hammerhead again. everyone in our group are cruise Critic members and you better belive that we will be letting people know about our experience.

My family of 4 was with exp1orer on the scuba excursion, everything he said is true. We were refunded our $90 deposit but we paid $450 for the dive (for 4 people) and still do not believe it was worth that much. I commend CB for refunding us our deposit (probably their commission) but I believe they should do something about have Hammerhead reimburse us in addition to the $90. Hammerhead was quite anxious to take our $ and then disappear, no where to be found after the excursion was over.

Archived