Jade on Monarch of the Seas

This is our first time on Monarch and we noticed that they have a Jade Sushi bar area. Can someone tell us more about Jade? Is it a restaurant or just a sushi bar. What is the charge and can you make or do you need reservations? Thanks for the info!

This is our first time on Monarch and we noticed that they have a Jade Sushi bar area. Can someone tell us more about Jade? Is it a restaurant or just a sushi bar. What is the charge and can you make or do you need reservations? Thanks for the info!

It is a pay resturant above the windjammer. don't know the prices because i don't eat raw fish.

Jade on the Monarch was one of the things we loved about the ship when she was on the west coast. In addtion to the sushi menu in the evening, they served an alternate buffet menu at no charge including asian fusion and continental cusine items.

Specifically speaking Sushi, some items are at no charge. The charge for the various sushi combos, was rather reasonable say in the $8-$15 range.

Enjoy your cruise! :cool:

Do you have to make advance reservations or is it first come first serve?

Thanks for the info!

Jade on the Monarch was one of the things we loved about the ship when she was on the west coast. In addtion to the sushi menu in the evening, they served an alternate buffet menu at no charge including asian fusion and continental cusine items.

Specifically speaking Sushi, some items are at no charge. The charge for the various sushi combos, was rather reasonable say in the $8-$15 range.

Enjoy your cruise! :cool:

Trust me,you dont need a reservation..........its always empty..................but I will admit,the food is good..........

They do have sushi,but they also have salads,tempura(sometimes) and black stone cooking.......its a hot black stone (about 440 degrees) and you order seafood,steak,chicken and you cook it yourself on the stone ..comes with veggies and sauces..........It is soooooooo yummy..........prices on the menu are $3-$15 dollars........

Everyone gets a bowl of miso soup with their food.

Maybe you'll be lucky like us and win a dinner for two at the Expo the first day(on the pool deck)........

ps.at the EXPO,there will be a table from Jade with LOTS of sushi to sample...........and if you're in a suite,you get a plate of it sent to your room.........

Trust me,you dont need a reservation..........its always empty..................but I will admit,the food is good..........

They do have sushi,but they also have salads,tempura(sometimes) and black stone cooking.......its a hot black stone (about 440 degrees) and you order seafood,steak,chicken and you cook it yourself on the stone ..comes with veggies and sauces..........It is soooooooo yummy..........prices on the menu are $3-$15 dollars........

Everyone gets a bowl of miso soup with their food.

Maybe you'll be lucky like us and win a dinner for two at the Expo the first day(on the pool deck)........

ps.at the EXPO,there will be a table from Jade with LOTS of sushi to sample...........and if you're in a suite,you get a plate of it sent to your room.........

Very nice and, yes, e-m-p-t-y. Japanese beer, too. !! :).

Ooh, that's new since Monarch was here!

I was just on the Monarch last month. We love sushi, so we decided we wanted to try it.....against our friends advice who didn't like it last time they were on ship.

All the sushi rolls are half size. We ordered the sushi boat for two. The boat consisted of a piece of tuna sushimi and some type of whitefish sushimi. Now with the boat being for 2, you would thing there would be two pieces of each. We had to cut the pieces in half with our chopsticks so we could each try a piece. There were also a few pieces of different types of rolls. Then oddly enough....they filled the boat with a bunch of rice. I think they know there is not much sushi so they try and stuff you with rice. I did not think it was worth it at all and would not go back.

The prices are comparable to a regular sushi restraunt......but you are only getting half of the roll.

Ooh, that's new since Monarch was here!
It is new,Jean...............Im not a sushi eater(Dennis is),so I was glad to see that...........

I was just on the Monarch last month. We love sushi, so we decided we wanted to try it.....against our friends advice who didn't like it last time they were on ship.

All the sushi rolls are half size. We ordered the sushi boat for two. The boat consisted of a piece of tuna sushimi and some type of whitefish sushimi. Now with the boat being for 2, you would thing there would be two pieces of each. We had to cut the pieces in half with our chopsticks so we could each try a piece. There were also a few pieces of different types of rolls. Then oddly enough....they filled the boat with a bunch of rice. I think they know there is not much sushi so they try and stuff you with rice. I did not think it was worth it at all and would not go back.

The prices are comparable to a regular sushi restraunt......but you are only getting half of the roll.

WOW..sounds like a different experience than we had.............I've eaten at Jade 3x now and the portions look big to me............

DS and I tried Jade for dinner on the last evening of a Christmas week 3 nighter to the Bahamas, after enjoying the samples in the centrum on embarkation day. Would not go back. We did not experience anything but the sushi, so I cannot comment on the hot stone or buffet offerings mentioned in this thread. In fact, I did not see anything like that, other than certain asian themed dishes in the windjammer a deck below. The server did not seem knowledgable, and after asking specifically what ingredients/contents were in a couple of the rolls to avoide things we don't care for, the rolls would appear containing elements not mentioned to us. DS tried the "chocolate sushi" as a treat and he said it was not good. A let down. But that's our experience, we can't speak to anyone else's different reactions.

Archived