Vehicle renting Papeete and Moorea

Misha

Well, we have our excursions set. So exciting! Now, we have 2 days on Papeete and a free day on Moorea where we want to rent some kind of vehicle to explore with. We are a party of 6 all approaching 60 with differing opinions of adverturesomeness, so my work is cut out for me. What kinds of vehicles are available (car rental, yes)...I've read about "fun cars" but don't know what they are and if they would be suitable for "everyone" Several might opt for a scooter, if I tell them they are reasonably safe. I would love to hear opinions what others have experienced. Thanks, Jan

I would check with the major renters in Moorea to see what they have to accomodate 6 people. There's also Albert's cars, I'm sure somebody can put you in touch with them. Various people have commented on scooters in the past, I would only rent them if you have three experienced motorycyclists to drive them. It's fairly quiet, but the roads are windy and in some cases, steep. Not sure if they have the fun cars on Moorea.

What are you doing on the island of Tahiti for your two days? I would NOT rent a scooter there, traffic is pretty bad. In fact, I would suggest trying to arrange a 4x4 trip perhaps, letting someone else do the driving--with 6 people it might be fairly economical, not sure.

I guess you could always rent 2 cars, but perhaps you'll find a small van or something.

Meherio?

Thanks, that is the kind of information I was looking for....We don't have any experienced motorcyclists among us.... just a couple of daredevils.... We are looking to have some fun, a little adventure, but nothing dangerous... We had thought 1 day in Papeete we would hang out and get over jet lag, maybe catch a le truck or cab to the market. Then the 2nd day of renting a van and explore a bit... We thought Moorea would be a little more "rural" and thought of maybe doing something more "fun" there.... I will pose your comments to the group. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived