Rome limo service question

Several months ago I arranged transportation through Romeshuttlelimousine service to pick us up at the pier in Civitavecchia and drive us to our hotels in Rome. I got 5 other people from our roll call to join us to keep the cost down, etc. So, today, the limo company emailed me saying that they require 50 euros as a down payment. Nothing was said before about a deposit. Is this common? :confused:

Several months ago I arranged transportation through Romeshuttlelimousine service to pick us up at the pier in Civitavecchia and drive us to our hotels in Rome. I got 5 other people from our roll call to join us to keep the cost down, etc. So, today, the limo company emailed me saying that they require 50 euros as a down payment. Nothing was said before about a deposit. Is this common? :confused:

I use them and yes, I have paid a deposit...they get people who reserve and do not show up,and it costs them as it is not a short jaunt from pier to hotel...you will be fine.You can do this through PayPal.

We made a reservation through Rome Shuttle Limo to pick us up at FCO when we landed last year. No deposit was required. They did not show. Watching Tripadvisor.com (sister column to CC) they seemed to be inconsistent. I would suggest going through Rome Cabs instead.

We used Romecabs for both from the port into Rome, then again from our hotel in Rome to the airport. They were on time, very helpful, full of information and prompt with their emails to confirm and reasonably priced. I would use them again in a heartbeat! They can be contacted at romecabs@yahoo.com

We have used RomeinLimo for tours and port transportation. We have been very pleased, with thier on time service and drivers.

Its another option to consider to get a quote.

I found them from recommendations from CC and would never think of trying another service.

Steven

I have never had that experience but I have not used that company. For the last three years I have used Roma Shuttle Airport. The website is http://www.romashuttleairport.it Email Domenico at info@romashuttleairport.it

You will get an answer and quote immediately. Be sure to mention that you read about his excellent service on these boards and please tell him that Gail personally recommended his services.

Archived