2010-2011 Exotics Announcement

shellbeachjim

So, it seems Princess will be returning to Tahiti next year. "Royal Princess offers more Tahiti and Hawaii sailings" Only it will be the Royal Princess that sails around the islands. Lots of members have been asking if Princess will return to Tahiti in 2010. Guess that answers that question. Sure puts a smile on my face. :) :)

some great cruises there....I actually saw it on Facebook about an hour ago. They seem to post stuff right away and get an alert if you become "a friend of Princess" there.

Yeah, me too. Got it on Facebook first. Interesting :)

Very excited about the Hawaii-Tahiti itinerary. Would recommend b2b for that one. We did it in '07 and absolutely loved it!

I can't even remember the year we did the B2B Hawaii/Tahiti/Hawaii, but it was one of the best cruises we have ever sailed on. Shorter flights, getting to visit each port twice, just perfect!

Yes - the shorter flight is a huge plus.

I've done the LONG flight to and from Australia 3 or 4 times, and it is very hard.

OMG, those flights to AU and back aren't just hard, they are horrible. We've flown on them several times since 2000 and each time we ask ourselves WHY WHY WHY do we torcher ourselves like this. :( Over 14 hours (usually) and it seemed like more than a week on those flights.

Wow, I'm really surprised they have Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on there. Wondering what visa "hoops" will have to be jumped through to visit? It's really a neat city but definitely very different than most Princess passengers have ever traveled to. Really hoping it will be on a fall or winter itenerary as summer in Jeddah can be down right miserable. Also will be interesting for women if it is warm--I'm sure dress for women is very restricted. My family lived there for 4 years--granted that was in the early 80's but from what I gather, there hasn't been much change culturally since then.

Now having said this, if I can afford this trip I'd go in a heartbeat. I'd love to see more of that area + share a part of my history with my DH. The entire downtown souk is huge and fascinating. The gold souk will leave most people :eek:. The Corniche along the Red Sea is also beautiful. Would definitely be great if Princess would offer snorkeling or diving on 1-mile reef. That is some of the most beautiful "oceanic real estate" that I've ever seen.

some great cruises there....I actually saw it on Facebook about an hour ago. They seem to post stuff right away and get an alert if you become "a friend of Princess" there.

To be honest, I also saw it on Facebook first and decided it needed a wider audience. ;) There are definitely some interesting ports which have been added.

Does anyone out there have a calendar of these cruises, as was available for Europe cruises before they opened up for booking? At this point we are more interested in seeing dates than prices to see what fits into our schedule. If anyone has dates please post a link. Thanks.

One of the itineraries has been posted, the Hawaii & Tahiti - Honolulu to Papeete 12 Days, April 26, 2011. The pricing has not yet been posted.

536879447_zXh5V-XL.png

I wonder why no more Christmas Island stop to break up those 5 sea days? That was always a highlight for us. And on our last B2B, the stop was missed both times, broke both our hearts as we really wanted to visit Christmas Island again. Here I was thinking this might be great for the future, but without the stop at Christmas Island, doesn't interest me at all now. :(

I wonder why no more Christmas Island stop to break up those 5 sea days? That was always a highlight for us. And on our last B2B, the stop was missed both times, broke both our hearts as we really wanted to visit Christmas Island again. Here I was thinking this might be great for the future, but without the stop at Christmas Island, doesn't interest me at all now. :(

Toto,

Maybe they omitted the Christmas Island stop by mistake. If you look at the Princess search screen it says 12 days Honolulu to Papeete, but the Embarkation Port is Papeete. Same with the previously posted itinerary. One can always hope.

John

spacer.gif

Does anyone out there have a calendar of these cruises, as was available for Europe cruises before they opened up for booking? At this point we are more interested in seeing dates than prices to see what fits into our schedule. If anyone has dates please post a link. Thanks.

I've posted the "2010-2011 TAHITI & HAWAII PROGRAM" calendar in this thread:

Royal Princess to Tahiti and Hawaii 2010-2011

progress.gifedit.gif

Wow, I'm really surprised they have Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on there. Wondering what visa "hoops" will have to be jumped through to visit? It's really a neat city but definitely very different than most Princess passengers have ever traveled to. Really hoping it will be on a fall or winter itenerary as summer in Jeddah can be down right miserable. Also will be interesting for women if it is warm--I'm sure dress for women is very restricted. My family lived there for 4 years--granted that was in the early 80's but from what I gather, there hasn't been much change culturally since then.

Now having said this, if I can afford this trip I'd go in a heartbeat. I'd love to see more of that area + share a part of my history with my DH. The entire downtown souk is huge and fascinating. The gold souk will leave most people :eek:. The Corniche along the Red Sea is also beautiful. Would definitely be great if Princess would offer snorkeling or diving on 1-mile reef. That is some of the most beautiful "oceanic real estate" that I've ever seen.

As an airline pilot once said upon landing "Welcome to Saudi Arabia please set your clocks back 200 years"

He was almost arrested the plane had to fly back to London empty with a new crew and he was never allowed to fly to Saudi Arabia again. So yes I do not think the culture has changed that much.

As an airline pilot once said upon landing "Welcome to Saudi Arabia please set your clocks back 200 years"

He was almost arrested the plane had to fly back to London empty with a new crew and he was never allowed to fly to Saudi Arabia again. So yes I do not think the culture has changed that much.

Yikes :eek:! Sounds about right though LOL! I have an abaya somewhere . . . not sure that it will fit as I'm a bit "fluffier" than I was in the early 80's ;). I will say it definitely was an eye-opener--I definitely think my sister and I appreciate our rights more because of the experience. Like I said though, I wonder what visa problems are going to ensue with Jeddah as a port. (Maybe I should ask at the Crystal Cruiselines board because they seem to be the last line to go there.)

Anyone know when the 2011 World Cruise schedules will be out? I'm really thinking Jeddah would best be suited for this type of cruise . . . as a stop before continuing on up the Red Sea toward Egypt maybe? I know one of the 2010 World Cruises has Dubai as a stop.

. . .

Anyone know when the 2011 World Cruise schedules will be out? . . .

According to the press release by the OP, "Exotic cruises are available for booking on May 21, 2009."

Here is a calendar for the "world" cruise. This is off of a TA web site.

SHIP: PACIFIC PRINCESS®

Sail Day Voyage Cruise Product Destination Ports of Call

Date Number Length Code (Ports of Embarkation and Disembarkation in CAPITAL LETTERS) 1

19-Jan-2011 Wed K103 107 WWW World Cruise NEW FT. LAUDERDALE, Grand Cayman, Panama Canal Transit, Cross the Equator, Quito (Manta), Lima (Callao - for Machu

Picchu Overland Excursion), Easter Island, Pitcairn Island scenic cruising, Tahiti (Papeete), Moorea, Cross International Dateline, Auckland, 2-day Sydney Experience (includes two full days & overnight), Adelaide (for Ayres Rock OverlandExcursion), Bunbury, Perth (Fremantle), Bali (Padang Bay), Cross the Equator, Sihanoukville (Cambodia), Bangkok (Laem

Chabang), Ko Samui, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Andaman Islands (Port Blair), Cochin (for Taj MahalOverland Excursion), Mumbai, Muscat (Mina Qaboos), Dubai, Cross the Equator, Seychelles (Port Victoria), Maputo(Mozambique), Durban (for Phinda Game Reserve Overland Excursion), East London, 2-day Cape Town Experience(includes two full days and overnight), Lüderitz (Namibia), Walvis Bay (Namibia), Lomé (Togo), Tema (Ghana - for Accra),Dakar (Senegal), Madeira(Funchal), Casablanca (for Marrakech), Gibraltar, Barcelona,Toulon (for Provence), Monte Carlo,

Portofino, ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA)

PACIFIC PRINCESS - World Cruise Segments

VOYAGE CRUISE

DATE DAY NUMBER LENGTH EMBARKATION AND DISEMBARKATION PORTS

(See above for Port Content)

19-Jan-11 Wed K103-1 33 FT. LAUDERDALE to SYDNEY

22-Feb-11 Tue K103-2 19 SYDNEY to SINGAPORE

13-Mar-11 Sun K103-3 30 SINGAPORE to CAPE TOWN

12-Apr-11 Tue K103-4 25 CAPE TOWN to ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA)

According to the press release by the OP, "Exotic cruises are available for booking on May 21, 2009."

Here is a calendar for the "world" cruise. This is off of a TA web site.

SHIP: PACIFIC PRINCESS®

Date Number Length Code (Ports of Embarkation and Disembarkation in CAPITAL LETTERS) 1

19-Jan-2011 Wed K103 107 WWW World Cruise NEW FT. LAUDERDALE, Grand Cayman, Panama Canal Transit, Cross the Equator, Quito (Manta), Lima (Callao - for Machu

Picchu Overland Excursion), Easter Island, Pitcairn Island scenic cruising, Tahiti (Papeete), Moorea, Cross International Dateline, Auckland, 2-day Sydney Experience (includes two full days & overnight), Adelaide (for Ayres Rock OverlandExcursion), Bunbury, Perth (Fremantle), Bali (Padang Bay), Cross the Equator, Sihanoukville (Cambodia), Bangkok (Laem

Chabang), Ko Samui, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Andaman Islands (Port Blair), Cochin (for Taj MahalOverland Excursion), Mumbai, Muscat (Mina Qaboos), Dubai, Cross the Equator, Seychelles (Port Victoria), Maputo(Mozambique), Durban (for Phinda Game Reserve Overland Excursion), East London, 2-day Cape Town Experience(includes two full days and overnight), Lüderitz (Namibia), Walvis Bay (Namibia), Lomé (Togo), Tema (Ghana - for Accra),Dakar (Senegal), Madeira(Funchal), Casablanca (for Marrakech), Gibraltar, Barcelona,Toulon (for Provence), Monte Carlo,

Portofino, ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA)

PACIFIC PRINCESS - World Cruise Segments

VOYAGE CRUISE

DATE DAY NUMBER LENGTH EMBARKATION AND DISEMBARKATION PORTS

(See above for Port Content)

19-Jan-11 Wed K103-1 33 FT. LAUDERDALE to SYDNEY

22-Feb-11 Tue K103-2 19 SYDNEY to SINGAPORE

13-Mar-11 Sun K103-3 30 SINGAPORE to CAPE TOWN

12-Apr-11 Tue K103-4 25 CAPE TOWN to ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA)

Do you have any info like that for the Australia/New Zealand 12 day cruises? I would be willing to beg.

Do you have any info like that for the Australia/New Zealand 12 day cruises? I would be willing to beg.

Here is the Dawn Princess schedule. I'll post the other ships separately to keep to a reasonable length.

My sense of fair play and good journalism requires me to cite the source of my information. Unfortunately, CC rules prohibit links to TA sites. So I'll just have follow the new journalistic trend and say, "According to an anonymous source . . "

PRINCESS CRUISES 2010-2011 AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND PROGRAM

SHIP: DAWN PRINCESS®

3-Sep-2010 Fri D011 28 PRF Round Australia SYDNEY, Brisbane, Port Douglas (for the Great Barrier Reef & Cairns), Darwin, Broome, Bali (Padang Bay), Perth

(Fremantle), Bunbury, Albany, Adelaide, Melbourne, Burnie (Tasmania), Hobart (Tasmania-overnight), SYDNEY

1-Oct-2010 Fri D012 13 PIF Fijian Jewels SYDNEY, Nouméa (New Caledonia), Ouvéa (Loyalty Islands), Vila (Vanuatu), Dravuni Island (Fiji), Port Denarau (Fiji),

Suva (Fiji), SYDNEY

14-Oct-2010 Thu D013 12 PFF Queensland SYDNEY, Airlie Beach (for the Great Barrier Reef), Townsville, Cairns (Yorkey's), Port Douglas, Cooktown, Willis Island

scenic cruising, Brisbane, SYDNEY

26-Oct-2010 Tue D014 13 PIF Fijian Jewels SYDNEY, Nouméa (New Caledonia), Ouvéa (Loyalty Islands), Vila (Vanuatu), Dravuni Island (Fiji), Port Denarau (Fiji),

Suva (Fiji), SYDNEY

8-Nov-2010 Mon D015 3 PBF Positioning SYDNEY, Burnie (Tasmania), MELBOURNE

11-Nov-2010 Thu D016 28 PRF Round Australia MELBOURNE, Burnie (Tasmania), Hobart (Tasmania-overnight), Sydney, Brisbane, Port Douglas (for the Great Barrier

Reef & Cairns), Darwin, Broome, Bali (Padang Bay), Perth (Fremantle), Bunbury, Albany, Adelaide, MELBOURNE

9-Dec-2010 Thu D017 6 PNF Tasmania MELBOURNE, Burnie, Port Arthur, Hobart (overnight), Philip Island, MELBOURNE

15-Dec-2010 Wed D018 13 PZF New Zealand MELBOURNE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

National Park scenic cruising, MELBOURNE

28-Dec-2010 Tue D101 13 PZH New Zealand MELBOURNE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

10-Jan-2011 Mon D102 13 PZW New Zealand MELBOURNE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

23-Jan-2011 Sun D103 13 PZW New Zealand MELBOURNE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

5-Feb-2011 Sat D104 13 PZW New Zealand MELBOURNE, Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington,

Napier, Tauranga, Auckland, MELBOURNE

18-Feb-2011 Fri D105 13 PZW New Zealand MELBOURNE, Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland

3-Mar-2011 Thu D106 3 PBW Positioning MELBOURNE, Burnie (Tasmania), SYDNEY

6-Mar-2011 Sun D107 28 PRW Round Australia SYDNEY, Hobart (Tasmania-overnight), Burnie (Tasmania), Melbourne, Adelaide, Albany, Bunbury, Perth (Fremantle), Bali

(Padang Bay), Broome, Darwin, Port Douglas (for the Great Barrier Reef & Cairns), Brisbane, SYDNEY

3-Apr-2011 Sun D108 35 PEW Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific SYDNEY, Suva (Fiji), Port Denarau (Fiji), Tin Can Island scenic cruising (Niuafo'Ou), Cross International Dateline, Apia

(Western Samoa), Pago Pago (American Samoa), Cross the Equator , Hilo, Maui (Lahaina, Honolulu, Kona, Cross the

Equator , Tahiti (Papeete), Moorea, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Cross International Dateline, Vava'u (Tonga), Nuku'Alofa (Tonga),SYDNEY

Archived