Early Morning @ Ketchikan

bqkali

Is there anything to do in Ketchikan in the early morning? Looks like none of the museums/attractions open til 8 (or later) and I'm not much of a shopper. Anywhere to just walk around and enjoy scenery for a little while until other things start opening up?

I am so not ready for this cruise. I dont even know what time our ship gets into Ketchikan. If things arent open that early, i think walking around is a great idea.. of course, staying onboard and having a latte until shopping and touring time is a good idea too for me! :)

Is there anything to do in Ketchikan in the early morning? Looks like none of the museums/attractions open til 8 (or later) and I'm not much of a shopper. Anywhere to just walk around and enjoy scenery for a little while until other things start opening up?

The whole downtown area is open for walking around 24/7, no charge. You could also visit the coffee shop over in the Salmon Landing market for a cup of joe. They have a nice view of the dock and harbor from there. Lots to walk around and gawk at.

Ketchikan has a beautiful boardwalk along the water that has some beautiful artwork.

072.jpg.598e6ac94f2fd9ed821664dd24c97c39.jpg

080.jpg.49005b2a8184264924bd7a65f43d6069.jpg

076.jpg.6418dd6fab6c81b89bea1dd6c4ed5af1.jpg

102.jpg.2533d50d5edc2b2dec2d45753ff5e56f.jpg

Ketchikan has a beautiful boardwalk along the water that has some beautiful artwork.

Thank you; I was hoping there would be something like this to enjoy for a little while in the morning! Might see if I can get a cup of coffee to go from the place bearbait mentioned (or somewhere else if it smells good) and stroll the boardwalk before it gets too crowded with late-risers ;)

Archived