Seaveys Kennels...How to get there

Napi's Mom

We want to go to the Idideride Kennels outside of Seward,while waiting to board the ship, but do not know what transport is available to get there. Noticed the Exit Glacier shuttle, but tho their place is near that road...we aren't inclined to wander around looking for it. Anyone here been there before???

Here's their website...looks pretty cool!! There is a lot of information on the site, even though I could not find them on mapquest for you. If the location is not on the site, send them an email. I am sure they will be happy to give you instructions. It has been my experience every single person I have communicated with about anything in Alaska, has been super nice. Its been a pleasure planning our trip. Never a smart answer or any kind of negative remark to put you off of doing business with anyone, anywhere, ever!!

http://www.ididaride.com/

In the past they have run shuttles. Contact them directly and inquire what currently is available. In my opinion, this is one of the nicest cart ride tour available. And a bargain price, compared to costly ship tours out of Skagway or Juneau.

PJ's taxi - Seavey's is a lot of fun.

I just called and set up a tour with them...nicely had an 800# plus they do pickups for us!! Am to meet them about 1ish for the 1:30 tour, at the Harbor master a big anchor & bus stop she said right by the train & docks. Wonderful...THANKS for the advice.... We've a Siberian husky (Napi) who'd love to be with them to run all day, (tho at 8 he's probably a little old, tho he sure hasn't slowed down for us:D)

Does anyone know about the Seavey's cart ride out of Cooper Landing? This would work better for us as we will be in Cooper Landing and my friend and I are thinking of doing this while our husbands are fishing.

Thanks for any information!!!:)

I thought I had read that one of the Seavey family members had a cart ride out of Cooper Landing and I cannot find it now!!

I just called and set up a tour with them...nicely had an 800# plus they do pickups for us!! Am to meet them about 1ish for the 1:30 tour' date=' at the Harbor master a big anchor & bus stop she said right by the train & docks. Wonderful...THANKS for the advice.... We've a Siberian husky (Napi) who'd love to be with them to run all day, (tho at 8 he's probably a little old, tho he sure hasn't slowed down for us:D)[/quote']

Dont expect to see a lot of beautiful blue eyed Siberian Huskies (which is what we had) at Seaveys! That is what I was kind of expecting. Most of the dogs are a mixed breed, bred for their running and stamina. We really enjoyed the cart ride and history of the race. Hope you do too!

I just called and set up a tour with them...nicely had an 800# plus they do pickups for us!! Am to meet them about 1ish for the 1:30 tour' date=' at the Harbor master a big anchor & bus stop she said right by the train & docks. Wonderful...THANKS for the advice.... We've a Siberian husky (Napi) who'd love to be with them to run all day, (tho at 8 he's probably a little old, tho he sure hasn't slowed down for us:D)[/quote']

I'm guessing this is the vehicle you'll be transported in.

P1000681.jpg

This is the vehicle the dogs will transport you in.

P1000696.jpg

This is one of those ADORABLE puppies.

P1000705.jpg

This is one of the incredible Dog Teams.

P1000726.jpg

These are some of the very content and pooped pooches.

P1000729.jpg

You're going to have a great time.

Does anyone know about the Seavey's cart ride out of Cooper Landing? This would work better for us as we will be in Cooper Landing and my friend and I are thinking of doing this while our husbands are fishing.

I thought I had read that one of the Seavey family members had a cart ride out of Cooper Landing and I cannot find it now

When I booked they told me the Cooper Landing location was their winter location and in the summer they run everything at the Seward location.

I thought I had read that one of the Seavey family members had a cart ride out of Cooper Landing and I cannot find it now

When I booked they told me the Cooper Landing location was their winter location and in the summer they run everything at the Seward location.

Thanks!! I'll have to see if time allows us to travel to Seward AND do the river float we are planning!

Dallas and Jen Seavey also have a dinner show in Anchorage that is about $50.00 for a prime rib dinner and an Iditarod show which is quite funny...It explains a lot about the dogs....They just started it a couple of years ago and it has really taken off. It is located by the railroad station in Anchorage...If you are in that area you might want to check it out...

Dont expect to see a lot of beautiful blue eyed Siberian Huskies (which is what we had) at Seaveys! That is what I was kind of expecting. Most of the dogs are a mixed breed, bred for their running and stamina. We really enjoyed the cart ride and history of the race. Hope you do too!

Oh no don't tell THEM that I got into a lot of trouble in Fairbanks, after hearing the speech about Alaskan Huskys...on the paddle wheel boat at Susan Butchers...and mentioned they...looked a lot like....mutts...which was no insult as we usually adopted same from Humane Soc.. The ladyon the ship went off the deep end about how they were all PURE BRED Alaskan Huskys...9 except they looked like ..Labs. or Setters or Shepards...or mixtures with some husky breed or other. I think it means pureblooded Alaskan huskys are..dogs that run fast and long. Napi fits those prerequisits. He's NOT blue eyed but big chocolate brown. (To risk being flamed, I think the blue eyed ones look..freaky). He IS a long legged sled dog type not showdog with lots of fur..and chunky. I know we'll enjoy the kennels. My Dh would love to have a sled for Napi to pull, but would need another dog I think...and believe me 1 Siberian is plenty enough...they are a handful (Why we adopted HIM from the Humane Soc. he liked to RUN...away, a Sibe trait for most of them. we've had him for 4 yrs.) Photo during one of our MANY snowfalls this winter!!:) Actually the team looks like they're mostly Husky, moreso than many...from the photos. Notice in the TV coverage of the race, more & more are LOOKING like purebreds.

100_1565.jpg.0e5b36a759cfef2c630a421995f84cd6.jpg

Napi's Mom that is too funny. Alaskan Huskies are all muts...most do not have blue eyes....and the only thing pure breed about them is that their owners can recite numerous generations of ancestors to their dogs....There is Sibe in them, short hair pointer in them, Dalmation, you name it...and if it can run it has been bred into them. The one distinction is that it has to have a double coat....that is what makes it a northern breed dog, capable of withstanding up to -50 temps on some of the races...No poodles allowed (anymore). As a handler for a race team, everyone of our huskies look different....but they all run...love to run and have the endurance to run 1000 miles....

Thanks msmoger for posting the pictures! I have almost the same ones that I took. I saw one of the dogs in your picture that was on our team. He is all white except for a solid black head, they named him Dipstick. So if you see Dipstick on your cart ride, give him a pat from me!

Napi's Mom that is too funny. Alaskan Huskies are all muts...most do not have blue eyes....and the only thing pure breed about them is that their owners can recite numerous generations of ancestors to their dogs....There is Sibe in them, short hair pointer in them, Dalmation, you name it...and if it can run it has been bred into them. The one distinction is that it has to have a double coat....that is what makes it a northern breed dog, capable of withstanding up to -50 temps on some of the races...No poodles allowed (anymore). As a handler for a race team, everyone of our huskies look different....but they all run...love to run and have the endurance to run 1000 miles....

I'm pretty sure our Napi has been a bit too pampered over the 4 yrs we've had him,to go 1000 mi. but my son accidentally let him loose a couple weeks ago...(this is a 45yr old man in very lean shape) and came back looking like he was having a heart attack...panting..."My God that dog runs fast!!!" he finally caught him.... cause he stopped to "visit" a neighbor who was outside~ as you know Sibes are very friendly (think he'd go home with anyone). This is the ONLY way we get him when he gets loose, a phone call.."Napi's here...should we expect you soon...?" Frustrating as much as fascinating dogs, and WAY too smart.

My Dh has him pull a bike as he just sits, for a few miles daily...keeps him a little less hyper to wear him out ...(I did mean the dog:D)

That is funny also. Sibes do like to run....especially away when someone can chase them. It is a huge game that they love and that they are good at. No to say anything bad about Sibes, but to Alaskan Husky competitive racers they are known as Slowberians. They will never win a distance race....but they are a great addition to the race....it is where all the huskies originate from.....and they are "the pretty sled dogs".....rightfully so.....Actually the sprint dogs go faster than the huskies...they will run up to 25-27 MPH for miles....but not for more than 25 miles or so....they are amazing animals

Archived