$50 Welcome Back discount

Hello!

Always heard about the "Welcome Back $50 Credit" but never really understood what it was. Then yesterday I finally read about it and see that if you book within 60 days you receive the discount.

Now my question to you; does it have to be within 60 days of leaving on the cruise or can it be within 60 from the last day of my previous cruise. I left on a 7-day on March 7th, 2009 and I just booked another yesterday, which seems to be 61 days if I go from the day the ship left. If it is from the last day of the cruise, then I will be within the 60 days.

Second question, and truthfully the more important one; Can it be combined with the $100 Certificate I bought on the Liberty? I searched the forums and found different answers. I was hoping that someone on here would know the answer.

With that being said, I already got a great price on this cruise and I am not trying to be cheap. Just disappointed in myself that I found out about this program after 5 previous cruises (4 which would have qualified for it.) I am not to worried about receiving it for this cruise, although if I am entitled to it, I definitly won't complain. :D

Thanks in advance!

Shane

I called yesterday and found out that it was not combinable with military rates, not sure what other restrictions. I would just pick up the phone and get it straight from the horses mouth:D, it you don't get a good answer wait and call again.

Recent posts say that people have not been able to combine the future cruise certificates with welcome back. They sent in certificates and then were contacted saying they had to choose one or the other.

I have been able to use welcome back, early saver and shareholder on the same cruise.

Seems that several posters have reported that "recently" purchased certificates are now worded such that they're not combinable with the Welcome Home discount. You might doa SEARCH on this or just call 20 PVP's and average the answer. ken

Is this something you received by mail after your cruise?

We got back on 4/26/09 (fabulous trip), and we also purchased the $100 certificate and would be very happy to be able to combine, if possible! :)

We booked the Conquest when we got back from the Splendor in March and they just told me about the $50.00 then. We didn't know about it until that time. We also have the $200 certificate that we bought on board the Splendor to use.

One more thing to be aware of. I had two cruises booked one for April 2009 and one for October 2009. We just completed the first cruise (April) and called Carnival about using the $50.00 welcome back credit on the previously booked October cruise. There was no issue they reduced my balance due by the $50.00 for the October cruise. So saved another $50.00.

Is it $50 per cabin from the cruise you have returned from or for the cruise you are booking? We had 2 cabins on our last cruise, but may book in the fall for just dh and I, so only one cabin. Would we get $100 welcome back or $50?

Does anyone know if you can use the Welcome Back credit in conjunction with a Pack n Go rate?

Yes, should be fine, as long as you are not booking a 1A cheapie rate or wanting to combine with next cruise credit, cant combine with those.

Is it $50 per cabin from the cruise you have returned from or for the cruise you are booking? We had 2 cabins on our last cruise, but may book in the fall for just dh and I, so only one cabin. Would we get $100 welcome back or $50?

You can book two cruises and get $50 off per cabin (not double, sorry).

I thought you could book unlimited cruises and get $50 off each booking, but its one per cruise that you came back from. Sounds like you had one cruise?? If the 2nd cabin was your kids, they might give you a 2nd cabin $50, but no, they dont give you $50 each person, its per cabin.

Hope I made sense.

PS you have to book within 60 days of returning from the cruise, just to clarify. $50 credit.

Yes, should be fine, as long as you are not booking a 1A cheapie rate or wanting to combine with next cruise credit, cant combine with those.

Great..thanks firefly! And you raised a point leading to another question that I forgot to ask...if I have next cruise credit on file with Carnival, can I opt to pay out of pocket if I book another cruise and leave the credit on file? The credit is only 5 days old and good for a year.

Great..thanks firefly! And you raised a point leading to another question that I forgot to ask...if I have next cruise credit on file with Carnival, can I opt to pay out of pocket if I book another cruise and leave the credit on file? The credit is only 5 days old and good for a year.

The next cruise credit is not combinable with the welcome back credit (my PVP says they changed this in Jan 09?).

I would use the welcome back credit for a 5 day and save the next cruise credit for a 7 day. The next cruise cert has to be snail mailed in, and is more of a pain to use. (edit, to put it more plainly, both are $50 credit welcome back and next cruise, the $50 welcome back is applied to the price immediately, the next cruise, is $50 OBC which you have to mail certified to carnival, nothing off your cruise. since both are $50, do the easier one if you can).

.... at least thats how Im doing it. welcome back to the 5 day ecstasy and next cruise for conquest, 7 day.

One or the other. (I seem to have bumped into all these new rules the hard way myself.).

the next cruise certificates are good up to 5 years. they arent exactly on file, so dont lose them. thats why they have to be mailed and you need to make a copy of them before mailing etc etc etc). Carnival needs to be more like RCL and be able to just apply these when you give them the cert #, over the phone, not have you be responsible, but yes, Im sure Im nit picking).

The next cruise credit is not combinable with the welcome back credit (my PVP says they changed this in Jan 09?).

I would use the welcome back credit for a 5 day and save the next cruise credit for a 7 day. The next cruise cert has to be snail mailed in, and is more of a pain to use. (edit, to put it more plainly, both are $50 credit welcome back and next cruise, the $50 welcome back is applied to the price immediately, the next cruise, is $50 OBC which you have to mail certified to carnival, nothing off your cruise. since both are $50, do the easier one if you can).

.... at least thats how Im doing it. welcome back to the 5 day ecstasy and next cruise for conquest, 7 day.

One or the other. (I seem to have bumped into all these new rules the hard way myself.).

the next cruise certificates are good up to 5 years. they arent exactly on file, so dont lose them. thats why they have to be mailed and you need to make a copy of them before mailing etc etc etc). Carnival needs to be more like RCL and be able to just apply these when you give them the cert #, over the phone, not have you be responsible, but yes, Im sure Im nit picking).

Ahh ok...I think confused next cruise credit (those certs you can buy) and credit on file with CCL due to a cancellation.

Last week I cancelled a May 21 Elation cruise due to the itinerary change, so I have some credit on file with CCL. My last cruise was on April 24 so I have the WBC available. I am looking at some of the rock botton PnGo rates right now around $109. I would gladly pay out of pocket for one of those cruises and also get the $50 WBC...thats if I cannot get the WBC if I use the credit $$ on file due to the cancellation.

I just booked a cruise over the weekend, an IS cabin, do you think I can apply the credit to this even though I am already booked?

I just tried to call, and the hold times are over 30 mins, so hopefully someone here can tell me if I might get it.

Maybe if I send them an email? I wish you could apply it online.

I just booked a cruise over the weekend, an IS cabin, do you think I can apply the credit to this even though I am already booked?

I just tried to call, and the hold times are over 30 mins, so hopefully someone here can tell me if I might get it.

Maybe if I send them an email? I wish you could apply it online.

As long as you are within 60 days of when your previous cruise left (not when it came back, its the date the cruise left), they will apply it today, np. Go for it.

Archived