$50 Welcome Back discount

Other than, that technically you HAVE to book the second cruise within 60 days of DEPARTURE of the preceding cruise - which you haven't satisfied with a B2B. There are probably PVP's that might cut some slack on this? ken

A regular PVP doesnt have the authority to apply the welcome back credit, a supervisor has to do it, hence why it can take a matter of some days to show up.

Curious how this would work with b2b cruises.. while on the first shouldnt u get a $50 credit for immediately doing a second.. I mean if you book a second within 60 days you get the credit, so surely if you do a b2b one would think you would get same credit.. just a thought

Only if you booked the 2nd leg while on your first leg, and they had someone who could apply it, (probably doubtfull), but you might be able to book and get OBC the 2nd leg by booking thru the future cruise desk, but if you had purchased certs in advance you wouldnt have to wait.

.... cant see the above playing out myself. The welcome back credit isnt that automatic.

My TA is still having trouble getting CCL to give me the $50 welcome back credit combined with the Triple Play promotion I booked a few weeks ago. I have 2 more days before my 60 days is up. TA is not getting anywhere (says cannot be combined), can I call CCL directly on this even though it is a TA booking... or do I need a 3-way call?

Thanks!

Carnival wouldnt talk to you directly.

I never got a welcome back credit thru a TA. You can tell them to ask Carnival when they call to put the booking thru and ask?

The $100 certificate, costs $100 to get OBC for a new booked cruise. The OBC is based on the # of days. For instance a 5 day cruise you get $50, but you cant use it with the welcome back credit, so I elected to go with the welcome back credit.

The $100 certificate costs $100??? Why would anyone want to buy a certificate when you can keep the cash?

The $100 certificate costs $100??? Why would anyone want to buy a certificate when you can keep the cash?

I was going to mention to the poster who said you got $100 OBC that is only for a 7 day cruise, you get $75 for a 6 day, and $50 for a 5 day. I didnt want to confuse the issue even more.

You pay $100 for the certificate which gives you OBC to spend on your cruise. The $100 you spent gets applied to the final payment when you send in the certificate. (assuming you are not booking onboard, you are buying the certs for $100 to use later).

The benefit to you is you get OBC, the benefit to Carnival is they hold your money up to 5 years until you use the certificate.

All you have to do is ask for it. Do not take a no answer insist until they give it to you. I sailed on the Freedom in 2008 and booked my upcoming Miracle in March 2008...I just called last week and got my $50 Welcome back one year later.

You must have got lucky.. I pressed my PVP for it and got the big denied.. any tips???

Thanks to all of you for this info. I booked another cruise a week after we get back. Called the TA who called Carnival, we have to GO on the 1st cruise in order to get the credit.........So, when we get back from the first cruise, I'll call and then get the credit....At least that's what they told me....

They are correct - You have to book the follow=on cruise within 60 days of the departure of the preceding cruise - meaning that you have to have sailed on the first cruise. ken

Can the Welcome back be applied to a group rate or a cruise booked by TA rather than Carnival?[/quote

We got the credit on our group cruise for next year. Was told it can't be combined with the 100 certificate though. Since our next cruise is on the Glory and we were told the Glory doesn't sell them we took the welcome back credit.

You must have got lucky.. I pressed my PVP for it and got the big denied.. any tips???

You should not be denied. Call and ask for a supervisor, indicate that you want to get the $50 Welcome Home credit on your next (eligible) cruise, and that it's common knowledge that Carnival is granting this to everyone, and that you don't understand why they're singling you out.

This was originally a "Mailer" that Carnival provided to TA's to give to their returning customers, to encourage another booking; there was such a huge outcry from those who booked direct with Carnival, that Carnival for many months has since been granting to anyone who asks. The TA's mailer had to be sent in to Carnival, and a few stickler PVP's have been making customers do this, but MOST simply deduct it from the cruiser's balance due on next cruise.

ken

Welcome Back is NOT combineable with the $100 certificate. Lucky for us we booked a B2B so we took the Welcome Back on the first one and used our $100 on the second one. :D

cool :cool:

My TA is still having trouble getting CCL to give me the $50 welcome back credit combined with the Triple Play promotion I booked a few weeks ago. I have 2 more days before my 60 days is up. TA is not getting anywhere (says cannot be combined), can I call CCL directly on this even though it is a TA booking... or do I need a 3-way call?

Thanks!

The Terms & Conditions for the Triple Play do indicate "Offer not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer" so maybe the TA is correct. You could ask the TA to check this with their Carnival Business Manage -or- You could still as the TA to set-up a conference call with a Carnival supervisor to explain.

ken

Hang up and get a different Carnival Rep. She doesn't know what she's talking about. It can be combined with easy saver and military.

It CAN be combined with Early Saver; it CANNOT be combined with Military or Cat 1A or recently issued Certificates. ken

The Terms & Conditions for the Triple Play do indicate "Offer not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer" so maybe the TA is correct. You could ask the TA to check this with their Carnival Business Manage -or- You could still as the TA to set-up a conference call with a Carnival supervisor to explain.

ken

Thanks for the advice. I will try to get my TA to do a 3-way call with a supervisor tomorrow. My TA is not helping me out much on this one - and I am already past final payment. I guess my next stop is to pen a letter to Mr. Cahill.

I am still very confused why in come cases (Early Saver, Past Guest), not combinable means one thing, and with Triple Play it means something else. I would not be upset if they had a real definition that could be easily understood.

Triple Play: Offer not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer.

Past Guest: Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer.

ken

My PVP indicates they are not combinable either. Ken did you get my email?

Archived