$50 Welcome Back discount

Hi, I have a question maybe you can help with, I went on my cruise in February within two weeks of returning I called Carnival and booked a Early Saver cruise for September, balcony room, Even though I booked in March for my cruise in September can I still call and get the $50 Welcome back credit? also does that apply to Early Saver Cruises? Thanks

Hi, I have a question maybe you can help with, I went on my cruise in February within two weeks of returning I called Carnival and booked a Early Saver cruise for September, balcony room, Even though I booked in March for my cruise in September can I still call and get the $50 Welcome back credit? also does that apply to Early Saver Cruises? Thanks

All you have to do is ask for it. Do not take a no answer insist until they give it to you. I sailed on the Freedom in 2008 and booked my upcoming Miracle in March 2008...I just called last week and got my $50 Welcome back one year later.

• 3 weeks later...

okay does this only apply to the person who booked or to all passengers?

I didn't book the cruise in my name but I paid for my share,(of course to them its just one account) and I had a separate S&S account. If I book a cruise can I use both the past guest discount (the upgrade will save me $20, so that one isn't a dealbreaker) and the $50 welcome back, or can only my Mom use it because she actually booked the last cruise. That seemed kinda gray to me, as I am a past cruiser and I did pay to go on a cruise.

okay does this only apply to the person who booked or to all passengers?

I didn't book the cruise in my name but I paid for my share,(of course to them its just one account) and I had a separate S&S account. If I book a cruise can I use both the past guest discount (the upgrade will save me $20, so that one isn't a dealbreaker) and the $50 welcome back, or can only my Mom use it because she actually booked the last cruise. That seemed kinda gray to me, as I am a past cruiser and I did pay to go on a cruise.

As long as you were a pax on the cruise, it doesnt matter who paid for it, you went. Yes, you can ask and get it too, if you are booking within 60 days of your last cruise. Several people got welcome back credits for the second person in the cabin who cruised, i.e. on booking two different cruises. $50 off per cabin booked.

I embarked on the ninth of this month. I want to book two more CCL cruises this year, We already have one room booked on 8-31, but I think I need another and I will try and use the credits, I need to call them.

It's defined as 60 days from departure of previous cruise (that's the wording in the mailers), and it's not combinable with Military Rate and with recently issued certificates, whose new wording exclude it. It was intended for TA's to offer to their returning clients; You have to ask for it, it's not offered. ken

What if you use a travel agent? I went on my cruise 5/9 and am looking to book an inside cabin on the Dream in May of next year. I will be booking in the next week or to, so should I just mention this to them, or what? Thanks.

Also, what is this $100 certificate that people keep talking about?

Eric

What if you use a travel agent? I went on my cruise 5/9 and am looking to book an inside cabin on the Dream in May of next year. I will be booking in the next week or to, so should I just mention this to them, or what? Thanks.

Also, what is this $100 certificate that people keep talking about?

Eric

I never got a welcome back credit thru a TA. You can tell them to ask Carnival when they call to put the booking thru and ask?

The $100 certificate, costs $100 to get OBC for a new booked cruise. The OBC is based on the # of days. For instance a 5 day cruise you get $50, but you cant use it with the welcome back credit, so I elected to go with the welcome back credit.

Currently on hold (25 minutes and counting) about this very issue. So far I've been told that it can't be applied within 60 days of sailing, may not apply to Early Saver, may not apply to group booking. She doesn't really know. That's why I'm on hold...she's checking...

She did know that it can't be used on Military Rate, for whatever that's worth.

Edit, to add what I was told:

It must be on a 4A or higher (which someone else has said). No letter is required, just call your TA for the cruise you want the credit on and give her the booking number of the last cruise. Group rate might qualify...didn't know.

Now, the confusing part. She told me to give her the booking number of my last cruise. I said shouldn't it be the booking number of the cruise that was the "60 day before" cruise and she said "No! That was too long ago". Huh? So I guess i'll just call my TA and see what she can figure out.

Bottom line, she didn't know what the heck I was talking about.

Currently on hold (25 minutes and counting) about this very issue. So far I've been told that it can't be applied within 60 days of sailing, may not apply to Early Saver, may not apply to group booking. She doesn't really know. That's why I'm on hold...she's checking...

good luck!

Edit, to add what I was told. It must be on a 4A or higher (which someone else has said). No letter is required, just call your TA for the cruise you want the credit on and give her the booking number of the last cruise.

Now, the confusing part. She told me to give her the booking number of my last cruise. I said shouldn't it be the booking number of the cruise that was the "60 day before" cruise and she said "No! That was too long ago". Huh? So I guess i'll just call my TA and see what she can figure out.

the welcome home credit is $50 per cabin off of the fareof follow-on cruise that you book WITHIN 60 days of departure of your preceding cruise.

Cannot be applied to a CAT 1A booking, cannot be applied to a Military Rate booking, and cannot be combined with recently issued certificates, whose terms have been changed to exclude it.

ken

the welcome home credit is $50 per cabin off of the fareof follow-on cruise that you book WITHIN 60 days of departure of your preceding cruise.

Cannot be applied to a CAT 1A booking, cannot be applied to a Military Rate booking, and cannot be combined with recently issued certificates, whose terms have been changed to exclude it.

ken

Yes, I was on the Glory Aug 2008. i booked the Freedom by 9/08 (to sail 9/09). I have since sailed on the Fantasy in March 2009. She said to use that (Fantasy) booking number. I said it should be the Glory booking number. She said I have no idea, ask your TA.

Edit, to add what I was told:

It must be on a 4A or higher (which someone else has said). No letter is required, just call your TA for the cruise you want the credit on and give her the booking number of the last cruise. Group rate might qualify...didn't know.

Hang up and get a different Carnival Rep. She doesn't know what she's talking about. It can be combined with easy saver and military.

Now, the confusing part. She told me to give her the booking number of my last cruise. I said shouldn't it be the booking number of the cruise that was the "60 day before" cruise and she said "No! That was too long ago". Huh? So I guess i'll just call my TA and see what she can figure out..

I get it. She was assuming the last cruise you sailed on would be the one to use to generate the welcome back credit. If you have cruised twice within the past 60 days, I could understand your confusion? (then either would work). Why wouldnt you want to use your most recent booking?

Has to be a cruise the departure date is within the last 60 days to work.

One more thing to be aware of. I had two cruises booked one for April 2009 and one for October 2009. We just completed the first cruise (April) and called Carnival about using the $50.00 welcome back credit on the previously booked October cruise. There was no issue they reduced my balance due by the $50.00 for the October cruise. So saved another $50.00.

Interesting...my PVP told me yesterday that was not an option for me. I guess it depends on who you talk to. Oh well, I'm used to getting the short end of the stick!:D

I just wanted to say "Thanks" to all of you who posted about the Welcome Back Credit! I've been on 5 cruises with CCL and never even heard about this. Anyway we cruised on the Valor which departed on 1/4/09. We booked our next cruise on 3/10/09 which would put us just past the 60 days. I decided to call and try to get the credit anyway. Just got off the phone (29 minute wait) but they gave me the $50 credit for each of our two rooms! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! I love these boards! It's not a lot of money but every little bit helps!

My TA is still having trouble getting CCL to give me the $50 welcome back credit combined with the Triple Play promotion I booked a few weeks ago. I have 2 more days before my 60 days is up. TA is not getting anywhere (says cannot be combined), can I call CCL directly on this even though it is a TA booking... or do I need a 3-way call?

Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for this info. I booked another cruise a week after we get back. Called the TA who called Carnival, we have to GO on the 1st cruise in order to get the credit.........So, when we get back from the first cruise, I'll call and then get the credit....At least that's what they told me....

Curious how this would work with b2b cruises.. while on the first shouldnt u get a $50 credit for immediately doing a second.. I mean if you book a second within 60 days you get the credit, so surely if you do a b2b one would think you would get same credit.. just a thought

Other than, that technically you HAVE to book the second cruise within 60 days of DEPARTURE of the preceding cruise - which you haven't satisfied with a B2B. There are probably PVP's that might cut some slack on this? ken

Archived