Disappointed 1st Timer - haven't even cruised yet!

Dorset cruiser ..... our flights last November and for this November with Princess were/ are booked with B.A. ! so no idea why you ended up with A.A ?

Dave.

Nor have I but we were. I hate AA - dreadful planes, dreadful food, dreadful service:( We have Virgin flights back from Dubai so that will be okay:) You were lucky to get BA - that's what we wanted and expected - according to the brochure all Miami flights should be BA but it didn't happen in our case - Princess cutting corners again no doubt.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would update you all with some great news regarding my flights - it really is a lesson learnt to NOT accept the first thing you are told, and as people in this forum have said, to be persistent. :D

I didn't get any reply to the email I sent Princess last week regarding my rubbish indirect flights and how disappointed I was with them, so today I finally got round to calling them direct (instead of going through my TA which had previously told me there were NO direct flights available from ANYWHERE in the UK) :eek:

Anyway, when I called Princess, there were not one, but two choices of direct flights - one from Gatwick and one from Heathrow, both of which are around the 2 and a half hour mark, instead of the 5.5 - 7.5 hour travel times of the indirect ones I was originally offered :cool:. Also, they are at great times of the day (no nasty night flights).

So we are very pleased and, if this is even possible, I am even MORE excited about my trip than I was before :) <<SIGH>> Still have 80-odd days to wait though ;)

So the moral of the tale is, don't take the first thing you are offered, thinking (as I originally did, before I posted on here) that it is the only thing you are going to get :D

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my post for their thoughts and suggestions

Friday the happy cat x

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would update you all with some great news regarding my flights - it really is a lesson learnt to NOT accept the first thing you are told, and as people in this forum have said, to be persistent.

I didn't get any reply to the email I sent Princess last week regarding my rubbish indirect flights and how disappointed I was with them, so today I finally got round to calling them direct (instead of going through my TA which had previously told me there were NO direct flights available from ANYWHERE in the UK)

Anyway, when I called Princess, there were not one, but two choices of direct flights - one from Gatwick and one from Heathrow, both of which are around the 2 and a half hour mark, instead of the 5.5 - 7.5 hour travel times of the indirect ones I was originally offered . Also, they are at great times of the day (no nasty night flights).

So we are very pleased and, if this is even possible, I am even MORE excited about my trip than I was before <<SIGH>> Still have 80-odd days to wait though

So the moral of the tale is, don't take the first thing you are offered, thinking (as I originally did, before I posted on here) that it is the only thing you are going to get

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my post for their thoughts and suggestions

Friday the happy cat x

I'll have to try and remember that next time they stick us on an AA flight. I think I will find out what the flights are and what airline before I put a deposit down.

Glad it all worked out okay with your flights.

I have my first Easyjet flight in two weeks time - that might put AA in a better light with me:p

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would update you all with some great news regarding my flights - it really is a lesson learnt to NOT accept the first thing you are told, and as people in this forum have said, to be persistent. :D

I didn't get any reply to the email I sent Princess last week regarding my rubbish indirect flights and how disappointed I was with them, so today I finally got round to calling them direct (instead of going through my TA which had previously told me there were NO direct flights available from ANYWHERE in the UK) :eek:

Anyway, when I called Princess, there were not one, but two choices of direct flights - one from Gatwick and one from Heathrow, both of which are around the 2 and a half hour mark, instead of the 5.5 - 7.5 hour travel times of the indirect ones I was originally offered :cool:. Also, they are at great times of the day (no nasty night flights).

So we are very pleased and, if this is even possible, I am even MORE excited about my trip than I was before :) <<SIGH>> Still have 80-odd days to wait though ;)

So the moral of the tale is, don't take the first thing you are offered, thinking (as I originally did, before I posted on here) that it is the only thing you are going to get :D

Friday the happy cat x

I'm glad it worked out for you. However, if I read your post correctly, it sounds like the problem was with your TA, not Princess.

Hi there,

some asked about transfers, the Price we see for the cruise includes everything there are no extras, so any transfers are at Princess cost,

once in Miami we had a Greyhound Bus to ourselves we had three Princess reps to meet the two of us at the airport then two more to meet us at the hotel then another bus next day to the ship.

Same with Europe.

yours Shogun

Hi Fridaythecat

We're just starting to be a little bolder with our cruise booking - just done our 4th but first independently. Booked 14 day Caribbean cruise only through a cruise club who place the name of the city whose team has finished second in the premier league in front of the words cruise club...

(hope that gets round the advertising bit!) The TA we spoke with was excellent. We ended up with 40% off stated internet price plus onboard credit! Got flights through a travel comparison site and pre cruise hotel direct from company (cheaper than hotel sales sites). Net result, sitting on a balcony next January with change out of £2000 for the lot! of course, I expect there'll be three Yorkshiremen somewhere who'll come on to belittle that!

Have a great cruise! I'mn sure you'll be back for more!

Archived