Disembarkation Question

Hello All,

Being a virgin cruiser and off on my 1st one, 4 weeks tomorrow!!

There's lots on here about things, and my brains spinning with ideas but I am wondering about what happens when your cruise is over.

We have transport included from the port (Civitavecchia) to the airport on our last day. The flight it at 1325.

How early do you get 'evicted' off the boat?

I'm guessing it'll take 60-90 mins from port to airport so expect to leave about 10am? What time would we have to disembark?

........ I am wondering about what happens when your cruise is over.........

Reality sets in. lol.

Seriously, have fun. Enjoy. Tell the Guest Relations of your flight time. They will advise. Should not be an issue.

They try to clear the ship of departing passengers by 10 am, earlier if they can.

You will find the last morning to be NOTHING like the preceding days---service effectively stops when you go to bed that last night. The next morning is a rush to get everyone on their way!

They try to clear the ship of departing passengers by 10 am, earlier if they can.

You will find the last morning to be NOTHING like the preceding days---service effectively stops when you go to bed that last night. The next morning is a rush to get everyone on their way!

You still get breakfast though, right?

One of the last day of your cruise you will recieve departure info in your stateroom (ours was there thursday night we left saturday morning.) In this information you will be assigned a color and where that color will meet. Your luggage will also have the same color. Your luggage will be collected your last night (keep meds, hygiene etc out of luggage.) Once you get going in the morning you report to your "color" area, and at the time you are "kicked off" is when you leave. I feel its much like herding cattle, but there really isn't a better way to do it.

With you having transportation from the boat to the plane, they will have you and others with the transfer in one area. You will have a ride to the airport, i believe they will wait till everyone with that transfer is in a car before they "close" that particular transfer. I could be wrong.

At any rate if you have any questions or concerns when you get your evicition notice head down to guest relations, they may be busy, but will make sure you have all your questions answered!

On our past European cruises, RCI asked everyone to give them their departing flight info and the departure times assigned to passengers was determined by that. If you don't get the time you need, you can usually change it without too much trouble.

You didn't say what time your flight leaves FCO but you always want to be sure you leave enough time for any traffic delays when driving to the airport. Plus, the airlines usually ask that you check in 2-3 hours before your flight leaves and some won't check you in if it's less than an hour before your flight time.

It's better to be at the airport as early as possible and have to wait there than trying to kill time some place else and end up missing your flight.

Archived