NCL Sun perks for balcony and suite folks

IheartNCL

Just back form a repo cruise from LA to Vancouver. If you were staying in a balcony or above the large main dining room was restricted to them for a breakfast buffet. Had to show your cabin card to get in. Ordered hot items off the menu and served yourself from the cold buffet. Great perk as you were served and didnt have to roam around looking for a set at the main buffet up top.

A buffet was set up in the dining room? Is this a new thing for all NCL ships?

On our last cruise was in December on the Star--on that cruise

the Aqua main dining room ( which used to be closed for breakfast and lunch) was opened for breakfast to balcony and mini-suite passengers. They had a regular main dining room breakfast menu to order from plus a small buffet with fruit , cereal, toast etc.We were asked to show our room key when you entered.

I do not know which BCL ships are doing this --I thought I read that someone

off the GEM recently said they did not have this.

Big green

the Aqua main dining room ( which used to be closed for breakfast and lunch) was opened for breakfast to balcony and mini-suite passengers. They had a regular main dining room breakfast menu to order from plus a small buffet with fruit , cereal, toast etc.We were asked to show our room key when you entered.

How did you learn about this?

I do not know which BCL ships are doing this --I thought I read that someone

off the GEM recently said they did not have this.

Big green

Correct...the Gem did not have this for our recent cruise. I believe any of the newer ships with the "Great Outdoors" type of dining area don't have the additional dining room open because the Great Outdoors provides an additional buffet line and seating.

Correct...the Gem did not have this for our recent cruise. I believe any of the newer ships with the "Great Outdoors" type of dining area don't have the additional dining room open because the Great Outdoors provides an additional buffet line and seating.

The Sun has an out door buffet on the aft terrace with its own line---eaten there many times--

The Spirit has an outdoor terrace right off of the buffet also.

Big Green.

Archived