Zuiderdam...viewing areas

crooz1

We're scheduled to depart Vancouver on Zuiderdam next Saturday for an Inside Passage Cruise. We have a balcony room but expect to be outside on the deck a lot for viewing. I've read that some ships have viewing areas that are sort of "hidden" or not so crowded.

Are there any on Zuiderdam? If so, could someone tell me where they're located?

Have sailed with HAL once before on Maasdam...which I loved. Am expecting to love Zuiderdam as well!

Thank you very much!!

Hi crooz1,

I don't have the answer to your question since it will also be my first cruise on the Zuiderdam next week. But since we seem to be going on the same cruise (Alaska, leaving on the 16th), I just wanted to invite you to join the Roll Call for out cruise... I'm sure someone in there has an answer for you ;-)

Here is the secret spot...sshhh......Go to the upper verandah deck which is deck 6 and walk straight to the front of the ship, you will see a heavy white ship door in front of you, open it and step high over the threshold and you will have a front of the ship deck to look out on the very front of the ship just 2 decks under the bridge. There is a nice wooden bench to sit on and I wonder if that coffee cup is still up there since october?? Enjoy!!! Remember..it is a secret.

You can actually go all the way forward on decks 5,6, and 7 and on 9 you can go through the spa and go out front. When we were up there on deck 6 going through the canal they even served the panama rolls and juice or hot chocolate. Deck 9 is a great place if it is raining since there is a little cover up there.

On our cruise when we were all on deck going through the canal they came around one time with rolls and juice or hot chocolate. No coffee. I believe it was on all decks forward. I'm not sure about deck 9.

I've copied and pasted these great hints as we've just booked 7 inside interconnecting cabins on the Zuiderdam for a family cruise to Alaska. Our group will include 8 wondergrandchildren under 12 so the idea of a less crowded viewing area is wonderful.

From you experienced Zuiderdam sailors, I'd appreciate any other hints for spots where a family might gather for easy viewing.

We're scheduled to depart Vancouver on Zuiderdam next Saturday for an Inside Passage Cruise. We have a balcony room but expect to be outside on the deck a lot for viewing. I've read that some ships have viewing areas that are sort of "hidden" or not so crowded.

Are there any on Zuiderdam? If so, could someone tell me where they're located?

Have sailed with HAL once before on Maasdam...which I loved. Am expecting to love Zuiderdam as well!

Thank you very much!!

Yes,veranda deck: go to the bow, also sports deck is great.

I think they serve things out there when you are in Glacier Bay. I love to be there when the ship is going through the Seymore Narrows on the last evening as one is heading to Vancouver.

Archived