Springhill Suites Dania Beach

sloth

Our TA has booked us a 2 nights pre- and 1 night post-cruise stay at Springhill Suites, Dania Beach next January. Any comments on this place? Most reviews I've read look positive. I understand they have complimentary breakfast and free shuttle to the cruiseport. Are there inexpensive restaurants/last minute shopping available within walking distance? Although not a priority, how far are we from the beach?

Thanks!

Cindy

Our TA has booked us a 2 nights pre- and 1 night post-cruise stay at Springhill Suites, Dania Beach next January. Any comments on this place? Most reviews I've read look positive. I understand they have complimentary breakfast and free shuttle to the cruiseport. Are there inexpensive restaurants/last minute shopping available within walking distance? Although not a priority, how far are we from the beach?

Thanks!

Cindy

There is a shopping center across the street IIRC....

you are probabloy 15-20m minutes from the beach in FLL........maybe closer to Hollywood..............NOT walkable though................

We stayed there last winter..

free shuttle from the airport and another free shuttle to Port Everglades.

They were very nice staff. They gave us a bunch of menus of places that deliver.

The rooms were good size too

There is a shopping center across the street (a nice stretch of the legs to get to KMart or WalMart at the end of the lot). We picked up some last minute stuff we forgot and also picked up some soda and spring water...

We didn't go to the beach (we flew in late that afternoon and boarded the next morning).

Thanks!

Cindy

Hi sloth...I didn't stay at the Springhill, but I have stayed right next to it at the Hilton Garden Inn---and have stayed there several trips...I love the area because of the shopping across the street. An easy walk--you just have to cross a very busy street, but there are traffic signals..There is a Burger King right next to the hotel, a McDonald's across that busy street, also a 7-11 type store. The strip shopping area has---as mentioned---a K-Mart, Marshall's, Book Store (Borders I think) and lots of small stores. Also, a few steps beyond the K-Mart is a great diner. Have a wonderful trip...:D

Hi sloth...I didn't stay at the Springhill, but I have stayed right next to it at the Hilton Garden Inn---and have stayed there several trips...I love the area because of the shopping across the street. An easy walk--you just have to cross a very busy street, but there are traffic signals..There is a Burger King right next to the hotel, a McDonald's across that busy street, also a 7-11 type store. The strip shopping area has---as mentioned---a K-Mart, Marshall's, Book Store (Borders I think) and lots of small stores. Also, a few steps beyond the K-Mart is a great diner. Have a wonderful trip...:D

If you continue to the other side of Oakwood shopping center past Home Depot, there are a few chain restaurants: Ale House (my pick), D&Bs, Friday's, Sweet Tomatoes. But it is quite a long walk.

Thanks, everybody, for the information! Sounds like a pretty good area. And the opportunity to walk won't hurt us for sure as we will be eating like pigs for 14 days on the cruise ship!

I wish I'd had the guts to try Priceline or similar to get a better rate on the hotel, but I was afraid. We got it thru our TA for $188 a night. Is this alot for January? Anybody have any "secret promo codes"??:D

Thanks again,

Cindy

that's not bad....keep trying though..............if you are an AAA member sometimes there is a discount.....and sometimes the hotels themselves will have specials...look at marriott's website.............(did you see what rate you would have gotten on your own??? should be the same, but i would check anyhow.)

what are your exact dates??

I'm not sure if that is a good rate for Springhill Suites, but there is a LaQuinta by the same shopping center (hollywood/fll airport area) that you should be able to get for less, and it also has free airport/cruiseport shuttles. It is a favorite of Cruise Critic members and gets good reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

royalcruz,

Thanks for the tip on the LaQuinta...I called our TA and she found us rooms there for about $100 less per night than Springhill Suites...so about a $300 savings for 3 nights stay. I'm HAPPY!

Cindy

Archived