~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Sorry Kathi.....I blew that one., put my foot in my mouth on that one. I would say put my gater clogs....but I don't have anything gator! I agree about the Gator comment. Yes, we do have a friendly difference of thoughts - I am not a Gator or a Noles fan........I am for the other Florida team! Go Canes!

Elmer is a VT fan!

Two of my closest scrapbooking buddies are Miami alumni. We have a very friendly bet whenever the Noles and Canes play.:rolleyes:

On football, I'm a Cornhusker, so not Florida at all. My heart is held in Nebraska! I don't mind a Gator, Nole, or Cane fan, as we are not in the same conference. Heather is going to USF so we are Bulls fans when we have to choose a Florida team.

Kathi - I've never heard of "scrap lifted" but the cruise album is only the 2nd one I've made. So I defer to the more experienced. Feel free to scrap lift all you like. For the capers page I had bought a package of background papers and in it came a page of letters that popped out. So I popped out all the little circle letters and that left me with the holes. So I cut out the top & glued down the 3 sides to hold the capers. Hope that helps.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am from the Tampa Bay area. My in-laws are from upstate New York.

I went on the Legend in March, and it is exactly the same ship, with different interior. We had such an amazing time, I have become hooked on cruising!

That is a really orginial and just a cool idea. If the scrapbook is not digital how did you get the pics to display digitally. I am doing 12 x 12's and my scanner will not scan that large. I tend to make pages digitialy and send to a company to print for me into a 12 x 12 paper copy to put in my book. You inspired me to put some of the pages I had ordered but not mounted. My grandson's Creative Memory book is now full, I will have to add more blank pages. Need to get out some cute stuff to add some 3-d to it then put the protector pages on. But I am up to last Christmas! I still need to do my cruise albums from forever!

I started the Pride 2002 digital but have not finished. The start product is under my siggy general info and click on Pride 2002. I have not printed the pages yet.

That is the best compliment - inspiration!

I am a photographer by trade, and I have the same problem you do when trying to scan my 12X12 pages... Here's my secret (beware it's only a secret because no one else would be so foolish to do so much work)... I scanned the pages 4 times each rotating them. Then I used photoshop to crop them back together. I often did not need all 4 scans, just 3, but it was nice to have the 4 on a few that I did need.

Now you know why this is my only scrapbook :)

My mother is huge into scrapping on sb.com and they do a lot of digital stuff there, but I am an old fashioned kind of gal...

I do plan to do one for the Alaska cruise, so keep posting tips, and let me know what you are doing, lets get the inspiration going!

We are going to have a Scrapbooking session pr two on the SPIRIT and we have to get a group pic! We may just have to take over their scrapbooking area. We will just tell them THE SPIRIT"S are HERE!

Good Morning World! Have to go feel the cats, they are trying to tell me to get off here and pay attention to them. I have already received several head butts!

Dana, I have been on Legend...Tampa is my fav port to leave from. I have also been on Miracle and was suppose to be on Pride in April so it was changed to Liberty, although we had a great time I didn't like the ship. I love the Spirit Class ships!!!!

Sorry not into scrapbooking here, I have bought a ton of stuff to actually start doing it but haven't got around to it and that was when we did our first cruise in 2005....:o

My DD who is almost 17 is a amazing photographer, she just seems to pick the "special" thing of what she is photographing and make it look amazing. SHe takes classes in school now but she has always had the nack. She actually she just did the photos of her cousin wedding and they turned out amazing.

So what does everyone had planned this weekend. We have a long weekend here so off till Tueday....yaaaa however planning a house purge...:eek:

Have a good one all

I've been thinking about the scrapbooking for the cruise. I was wondering what everyones thoughts would be if we did a project at one session so that those not into scrapbooking could have something to take home. It could be a small simple folding book or multi page card to hold some pictures...nothing too fancy, but functional. Then the "true" scrappers could meet at a different time to do a layout. Hmmmm.....I'll have to think about this and come up with some ideas. Luckily, I have a ton of very creative friends that can be my inspiration here in West Palm. :rolleyes: Off to work......

I've been thinking about the scrapbooking for the cruise. I was wondering what everyones thoughts would be if we did a project at one session so that those not into scrapbooking could have something to take home. It could be a small simple folding book or multi page card to hold some pictures...nothing too fancy, but functional. Then the "true" scrappers could meet at a different time to do a layout. Hmmmm.....I'll have to think about this and come up with some ideas. Luckily, I have a ton of very creative friends that can be my inspiration here in West Palm. :rolleyes: Off to work......

:DThat sounds like a wonderful idea. I also already have about 12 sheets or so of Seattle back ground paper. Picked it really cheap at the scrapbook store in TN. Even if we don't use it there, people can get ideas and take home to do during the "WOW" do I miss my cruise buddies after the cruise period!

I've been putting off buying a new camera, still stuck in the old days of film, but I really should move to digital. I will be out starting the kids school shopping this weekend. I know exciting stuff... Try this on, no put that back, don't touch that...

I've been putting off buying a new camera, still stuck in the old days of film, but I really should move to digital. I will be out starting the kids school shopping this weekend. I know exciting stuff... Try this on, no put that back, don't touch that...

Wow, I didn't think anyone need did film. My daughter and son-in-law has a couple of nice digital cameras. I have two just average non changeable lenses, but they get the lots of use.

We have a few photographers coming on this cruise so we should get some great pics to share. I am brining my laptop and may get one of those small printers...if I can find a real small decent one. My son-n-law will have his laptop for sure. Wants to bring his keyboard- don't know if they will have room for both, with everything the toddler will need. I never realized that planes suggests carseat and since Alaska also has the seatbelt law!

Off to the pool, catch everyone later oh, be sure and check out the CC review about Alaska!

:)Cheri, enjoy your two days off!

DH took his parents out the other day to get a new camera, and all his dad kept asking was.....nice OK, but where do you put the film, he just couldn't get his head around it, it was pretty cute. They are coming on this cruise with us....so remember to mention it to him:D

I have a trip to Chicago counting down in 10 days! What's sad is when booking our little mini vacation we were deciding between a cruise or a trip to Chicago... It will be cheaper to take a 4 day cruise, than to go to Chicago... Unfortunately, there is no cruise to Chicago... silly land locked states...

After I come back from Chicago my vacation outlook will get serious toward Alaska!

Hey I am going to NYC in about 10 days...really looking forward to is as a nice relaxing mini vacation. My only other planned trip is to Disney for marathon weekend and that is 1/2 vacation 1/2 hard work:D But nice to have a few things to keep me going until May!!!!

Wow, I feel so left out! No trips planned here until ALASKA and would probably be unable to get off from work anyway! I may have to take a quick trip to Canada - just crossing the border to deliver a kitten. Too hot to ship right now! But that will be just a day drive there and a day back - no fun there!

Where would you be visiting? Could you make a mini vacation out of it. Lots of beautiful places to visit here,

They are outside Toronto, so may see if they can meet us near Niagara and see if I can get one day off from work! At least check out the park. I do not want to drive into Toronto, been there done that.........too much traffic for me - do not like the Queen Anne at all.:confused:

Man...I want to go on a cruise NOW!! :mad::mad:

Luckily we have a couple things planned to keep us busy. In a couple weeks, we'll be driving up to Florida State in Tallahassee to help move our son in an apartment.

A few weeks ago a close friend from Ohio called and asked if we wanted to use her time share in Kissimmee (Orlando) for a week in November. Took us about 10 seconds to say, heck ya! :D

Then in January I host a weekend scrapbook event in Melbourne. It's a lot of work, but I love just getting away for a couple days.

Annette - I love Niagara Falls. On a trip to Cleveland, Ohio, Phil and I drove up to see the falls. He had me laughing so hard....being a horticulturist, he's looking at all the plants and trees and such....I kept making him turn and look at the falls!! :rolleyes:

I don't blame you Annette, I am not much of a fan of driving in Toronto, I have lived north of the city for about 20 years now so I am just not use to driving there anymore. DS and I go into the city for quite a few basebell games but we are always going against the traffic so that works for us.

Niagara Falls is amazing, I actually had the chance to see it through first timer eyes back in May. I had friends from Maine and Kentucky come up and we went there it really was amazing.

Kathi,

Tell Phil he will love the flowers and such in Canada, so I am told, me I will be looking at the falls. Elmer and love the falls! We drove around Lake Superior and it was so amazing all the falls...now the drive thru Chicago I could have done with out. Sorry Dana, growing up in Miami I am not a big city fan. And I was driving and in Chicago before I could make him drive!

But Thunder Bay and the Falls, that is sheer beauty. That trip was one thing that made Alaska so much a Dream. To see a Lake so frozen, and the sheer beauty of everything around. And the cold wasn't like a cold like here (VA) or in Florida. It was 45 and we had on T-shirts, walking over a frozen lake. I have that scrab-blog done, I will have to post a link. It includes a video we took of a falls with the sound of the falls and darkness of night falling. I can't wait to hear the caving in Alaska. I think the power of the falls or the ocean is so amazing, the beauty, the peacefulness and the power. I do miss the OCEAN! I didn't appreciate it when I was growing up in Miami, have probably visited the ocean more as an adult then I ever did as a child with it in my backyard!

Kim, I think I have about talked myself into that trip to the FALLS, saw them when I was about 12; remember the American side being so small the Canda side being a big horseshoe. And the flower clock! Funny the things that stick in our minds. (I am a flower lover too, but falls just are above flowers.) The flowers are the thing I remember most from Nassua!

ALASKA, we are ready for you! Here we come to see and appreciate all your beauty! The SPITIT's are coming!

Archived