~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

A quick Hello! I have been so busy lately. Seems like I am always at work. I have 3 more days of 2-11. This weekend will be busy! We have back to schools sales and 7-9 is no sales tax day. :(

I need to check flights again. Last week I found flights still at 197.00 PP. Really great prices! Thats the last thing I have to do, well besides excursions. Still undecided. I only know whale watching is a must. Going to book independant.

Just got off the phone with Myrtle Beach. We are going Aug. 20-23. Our 26th wedding anniv. is Aug. 21 so we want to go to the beach for a few days.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

Kim, Which Disney are you headed for?

Annette, definitely see the falls. We always see things differently as childern than we do as adults. I went to the Canadian side about 10 years ago, and it really was breath-taking! I am the opposite from you, I grew up in the mid-west, all corn fields, so I love the city. (Always want what you can't have.) I lived in the Burbs of Chicago for a little over a year. Heather has never been, so we decided now is the time to go.

We were trying to get my usual partner in crime to go ahead and book their cruise, so I have been doing a lot of selling for Carnival... lol. My best friend has never cruised before, so she doesn't see the benefit of paying the money. She also can't swim so I think a little bit of it is fear. I keep trying. She said she is about 70% sold on it. I think what really swung the pendulum for her is that Niki, her partner, is a huge Twilight fan. Seattle is about 3 hours away from Forks, the town in the movie... I think I got them :)

Cheri,

Welcome back. I know what you mean my work is about to get crazy busy! I have to do my yearly renewal for the USDA and it is the big application year. So, about 3 times the forms to fill out and back to school time is coming. And our owners just bought a skating ring, so another center to set up! That brings us up to 10 centers a pool and a skating ring in 30 years - for the owners. They had 4 when I started 17 years ago. Just had by 17 year Anniversity August 1st. Hope you can get a good price on a flight! We are happy with what we got!

Dana, Hope you can talk your friends into joining the group. Be sure and have her check out our group rates. Looks like the only way to get a 4B inside may be to get one they have reserved for the groups. They are showing sold out on the Carnival site.

She said she is about 70% sold on it. I think what really swung the pendulum for her is that Niki, her partner, is a huge Twilight fan. Seattle is about 3 hours away from Forks, the town in the movie... I think I got them :)

Okay, time to be proactive!! You have to convince them to join you (us) on the cruise. Do a little research, then put together a great road trip for the Monday before the cruise. You can do some sight seeing along the way and visit Forks. I know, I'm such an enabler!!:rolleyes:

Good morning my fellow cruisers!!!

Dana, I am going to WDW....we are heading in for the marathon....it is alot of fun....My name is Kim and I am a disney0holic :)

I love Twighlight as well, even read the 5th book online.....didn't like the movie so much but the books are great.

Good Morning,

I feel so left out, have yet to see the movie or read the books. Have to look and see if they are on Audio books yet! Most of my reading is done that way......

I skimmed the blog, does look interesting, have to read it later. Running later this morning, dog sitting! Takes extra time to walk the dog and one more mouth to feed. Elmer is moving his son at VCU to another apartment.

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well. Just thought I'd help to keep the thread on page one or two. :o

Dana - Thanks for the great link. Also, wouldn't it be cool if your friend proposed on the cruise??? (This way, we could all be part of it!;))

Alaska seems to be getting really popular. I was talking to one of our sales reps yesterday and he is going to Alaska in 2 weeks. I am so jealous. I told him he would have to tell me all about it. They are also flying into Seattle. But, he is from the midwest, and is going on the SPIRIT! We are doing some software upgrades in Sept so when I call about it I know what will come up in our conversation! I give you a hint, it begins with "A", see I knew you would guess it! Off to work - Goverment paper work time........ Ugh!

Good Morning! I am TIRED! I am finally off tom.

Checked this morning and flights are still just 197.00 PP leaving from Greensboro. I haven't checked from Charlotte lately. Think when i'm off tom., i'll look more into excursions. I need to get started on that when I have the time.

Good Morning! I am TIRED! I am finally off tom.

Checked this morning and flights are still just 197.00 PP leaving from Greensboro. I haven't checked from Charlotte lately. Think when i'm off tom., i'll look more into excursions. I need to get started on that when I have the time.

Hey, so are you coming on the Weekend or Monday? ........... Have you got your hotel resversations yet. I was wondering if I should I contract them about a room for a get together Monday night? :D

I looked through all of the ship excursions last night, and found a few reasonably priced, and worth a look into. My most interested will most likely be a kayak trip, panning for gold, and something hiking-esque.

I have not started looking at the non-Carnival stuff just yet, but I'm looking... just thought I'd see what ya'll are looking at as far as excursions.

The only must on my list is I have to go to the Red Onion Saloon for lunch. Gotta love a whore house... :)

I have to do the train (by majority rules), some hiking at Manhall glacier and would love some whate or nature stuff. I am suprized at the different reviews. I want to see Creek St, some shopping but not a lot.

Since we have so much time in Skagway, we're thinking about renting a car/truck/van (depends if anyone wants to split the cost ;)) and drive up to Emerald Lake and Carcross. There's a great self guided route map that gives a mile marker by mile marker description for the trip.

In Juneau, we're looking at whale watching with cap'n jack.

There are others that we'd love to go on, but might have to save those for the next Alaskan cruise. :rolleyes:

The car was what I wanted to do but out voted on! We will see where that goes has we get closer. Have to look into the whale watching, but really want to see the Mandhall Glacier and the trails around it- that was my first choice. Too much to choose from - also if you llook at a lot of the Carnival tours which was not my first choice but a lot are free for under 3 but if you do indepenent they are not. Kind of weird!

OFFICIAL ~ SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun

on

May 11, 2010. ~ OFFICIAL

Special $25.00 Deposit for a limited time. Join US!

This is the first R/T for the Spirit out of Seattle ~

Join us for this special event!

CRUISE INTINERARY

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

Deposit Info

The final payment for the group is due January 22, 2010. There is a $50 cancellation penalty per cabin.

*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:

$100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar(One per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (One per stateroom)

15% Discount on all other Cruise Critic Logowear

All Port Charges, Taxes, and Fees

Please let us know if you want to join our awesome goofy group!

IM000347.jpg

Can you imagine waking up to that! JOIN US!

Contact Annette for pricing or any questions. Member Cruise Info or Member Cruise Folder

JOIN US! - CALL JOHNA! :cool:

Annette, I am interested in pricing- do have info on group rate. Thanks, Julie

All the info is in our group folder area. INFO

We are actully less than other places right now since our prices include taxes and geverment fees and have OBC. To get the prices you have to book thru the listed numer on the second thread in the link. Just e-mail or post if you have any other questions, it looks like we have a GREAT group going! We would love to have you join us! :rolleyes:

Good morning all. Our DS Steve is home for two weeks! Yah!!:D He's between summer and fall classes at Florida State. We did some "pre-fall moving into an apartment" shopping yesterday. I'm exhausted, but have to get ready to go to my "fun job" today.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. :cool:

Annette, I am interested in pricing- do have info on group rate. Thanks, Julie

Julie,

I hope you were able to find what you needed, if not let me know!

Kathi,

Have fun and don't work too hard! Had kitten pics took today! :D Enjoy visiting with your son! Off to Sam's for work shopping. So...guess I am working too!

Archived