~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

Hello everyone,

Time is getting closer, can't wait, is everyone set up for their tours?

Question that maybe someone might know, do you get a discount from Carnival if you book a future cruise while on there cruise? If so does

anyone know what kind of discount it might be?

I'm looking into an Eastern Carribean for Feb 2011 out of San Juan

Yes you got one last time I cruised or they had a discount within 90 days of booking. I think it was $50.00 - but not sure.

Thanks I may just wait until our cruise to see what kind of price Carnival

offer's.

Was thinking about trying to do a group cruise but have not heard back from CC yet. Did it take a while for you to get a response from them?

It has been a couple of weeks. I emailed Johna also and am waiting to hear back from her.

Yes you got one last time I cruised or they had a discount within 90 days of booking. I think it was $50.00 - but not sure.

Thanks, I posted on CC but have not gotten a lot of response yet. It seems people are looking for pricing which I cannot give them at this time. I will give it up until the time we cruise to see what kind of response I get.

You have to start a thread on the board and see if you get a following and then keep e-mailing her. They also look at your message count, so you need to write on CC.

I always laminate our luggage tags from carnival, I am always worried those paper things can be torn so easily so we just lamimate them for a bit more toughness when they are throwing around thousands of bags at the pier.

4 weeks today we leave!!!

Kathi, if you are lurking check out my template in the folder area! Comments? Too busy (sign not you) ?

Of course I'm lurking!! :rolleyes: I'm going on this cruise vicariously through each of you!! LOL :D:D

Love the door sign. The only thing that confused me was that it says both "Spirit's of the Majestic Land's" and "Spirit's of the Majestic Sky".

Thanks, I posted on CC but have not gotten a lot of response yet. It seems people are looking for pricing which I cannot give them at this time. I will give it up until the time we cruise to see what kind of response I get.

Chris - I've been trying really hard to get an Alaskan group started for May 2011. I try to post something every couple days to get people interested, but it's just not happening. About 6 months ago I tried to get a Western Caribbean group going for February 2011 -- I had about 3-4 cabins interested. I think it was Laura (not sure) that finally wrote back and said that there were already similar cruises around that time, so it was a no go. A few weeks later another group started up and had a much larger following and they were given "official" status. Hopefully since yours is out of San Juan you might have better luck. I think it really has to do with the number of people interested and as Annette said, the leaders' involvement with CC. I hope you can get a group going...the price advantage is well worth it!

Thanks Kathi, it always helps to have more than one set of eyes.

I really had to be a proactive to get this group. That is the advice someone gave me to be proactive but postive. There were three group trying to get ALASKA when we started last year and two got group status this third did not. I really think it is getting to be harder to get group status. They do look at post numbers and posts on threads that you start do not count. That little number right under your location is your post number!

Thanks Kathi,

They do have some cruises going out in Feb 2011 from San Juan, just not the time that I am looking at. The group prices are higher than the Saver rate. I will see what happens before we cruise, if nothing than I will see what kind of price I can get from Carnival.

Our plans are not set in stone so we may do something else were still looking to see whats out there.

Of course I'm lurking!! :rolleyes: I'm going on this cruise vicariously through each of you!! LOL :D:D

Love the door sign. The only thing that confused me was that it says both "Spirit's of the Majestic Land's" and "Spirit's of the Majestic Sky".

Chris - I've been trying really hard to get an Alaskan group started for May 2011. I try to post something every couple days to get people interested, but it's just not happening. About 6 months ago I tried to get a Western Caribbean group going for February 2011 -- I had about 3-4 cabins interested. I think it was Laura (not sure) that finally wrote back and said that there were already similar cruises around that time, so it was a no go. A few weeks later another group started up and had a much larger following and they were given "official" status. Hopefully since yours is out of San Juan you might have better luck. I think it really has to do with the number of people interested and as Annette said, the leaders' involvement with CC. I hope you can get a group going...the price advantage is well worth it!

nemo-and-spirit.jpg?w=496

I have discovered another cruise site and have been playing! What do you think?

Kathi, you would love this site, but you may already know about it!

So, what kind of caption can we put on this? "The SPIRITS, May 11, 2010" The "SPIRIT"S in ALASKA, May 11, 2010,

This would make a GREAT background for some pictures, if anyone is doing the scuba excursions.

nemo-and-spirit.jpg?w=496

I have discovered another cruise site and have been playing! What do you think?

Kathi, you would love this site, but you may already know about it!

So, what kind of caption can we put on this? "The SPIRITS, May 11, 2010" The "SPIRIT"S in ALASKA, May 11, 2010,

This would make a GREAT background for some pictures, if anyone is doing the scuba excursions.

You're teasing me!! :eek: You have to email the website - kmr1956 at aol.com

Good Evening fellow Carnival Spirit cruisers! I am sailing 3 weeks after you, on 6/1/10. I was hoping you all could help me and let me know the answers when you get back. I have read what is the usual/norm but I would like to know what is actually your experience. Could you tell me:

1. What time is embarkation? For VIPs?

2. Is there a Happy hour? What are the drink prices?

3. What is the DOD price?

4. Since you are the first Carnival Spirit cruise of the Alaska season, could someone get an extra Fun Times every day, and then scan and email them or snail mail them to me? Menus would be nice too, but the Fun Times are more important.

5. How did they display the photographs? On the Carnival Dream they have multiple touch screen displays set up in and near the photo display areas for you to look at your photos (I think they had the regular printed ones, too.) Is this on the Carnival Spirit yet?

6. Could someone measure the fridge? Both the door and the inside. The fridge on the Oosterdam the wine bottle had to lean over in the door.

I appreciate any answers you could give me. Thanks and I hope you all have a great time! :D

1. What time is embarkation? For VIPs?

In most cases, 11-noon

2. Is there a Happy hour? What are the drink prices?

No daily "happy hour". "Well drinks" approx $5

3. What is the DOD price?

appprox. $4-5

5. How did they display the photographs? On the Carnival Dream they have multiple touch screen displays set up in and near the photo display areas for you to look at your photos (I think they had the regular printed ones, too.) Is this on the Carnival Spirit yet?

On "Spirit" 11/09. Standard displays then [no touch screen]

Answers to half of them above :D

Twenty Eight days from now, I will be sitting in Seattle - no I take that back with the time change 28 days from now I will be "Restless in Seattle", probably unable to sleep b/c I will be getting ready to board the "SPIRIT" to sail to the Great Americian North". I know there are others that will be joining us. We are trying to get all our activities planned be sure and visit out folders and let us know who will be joining us! We know the ship is full so be a "SPIRITER" with us......

Life is an adventure, you have to grab it while you can!

We arrive in Seattle on Sunday the 9th!!! So 28 days to the cruise, but 26 till I get to our port!!!! It's coming so fast!

Mike and i will be there on sat. may 8 hoping to do alot of seightseeing. We are so anxious to go ,since its our first cruise together.

Eva icon7.gif

Archived