Pics of Freedom leaving Port Canaveral

we have awhile to go before we are on board but still i can't help but get excited when i see pictures. we have only been to the port of miami, port canaveral looks really clean and pretty from the pictures. is it that way in person? can't wait to find out for myself in 197 days!

Port Canaveral was very clean and everything went very smooth. We've sailed out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale and I find Port Canaveral to be the easiest yet. Embarkation went great as well as disembarkation. I found everyone to be very organized and friendly.

thank for showing the photos which are so beautiful.. we will be sailing in April 2011 long way to go....

I was at Milliken's Reef yesterday just up from Grill's and got some great shots of Freedom! I just have to figure out how to post them other then in thumbnails!

beautiful photos I see Disney cruise behind....

Scottishwee35

Yes, Milliken's Reef is the yellow building with the green roof right on the bend. Grill's used to be my favorite until we discovered Milliken's. The food is good, excellent hush puppies that they bring to your table, a beautiful deck, great music, and a view that no one can beat!!!! Here is a pic of the back deck, they were getting ready for a large party. Here is a link to their live webcam:

http://www.millikensreef.com/camera.html

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try Milliken's!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Question...my husband and I will be coming into Port Canaveral, and would like to know what is the best transportation to he dock? We haven't sailed from PC before. I don't recall seeing any transfers on RCI web site when we booked.

Question...my husband and I will be coming into Port Canaveral, and would like to know what is the best transportation to he dock? We haven't sailed from PC before. I don't recall seeing any transfers on RCI web site when we booked.

There is a good thread in the Florida Departures board called something like "I work in Port Canaveral" that has loads of info on transfers. You can find many specific recommendations there.

The transfer choice usually comes down to a shuttle service or a rental car. For 2 people, the price is about the same. More than 2, the rental car starts to be cheaper. Timing is also a consideration. If we're arriving the night before the cruise, we do a rental car for the convenience of going to restaurants, convenience stores, etc. If we're arriving the day of the cruise, then we usually do a shuttle to avoid delays in picking up and dropping off the rental. On the way back to the airport, we generally always do a shuttle.

What shuttle company do you recommend for the trip back to the airport? How do you know what time to meet them?

I've used Cocoa Beach shuttle and had good luck with them, but it's best to get a variety of opinions on the Florida Departures board. We walk out of the terminal, turn right, and walk over to the shuttle area. There is a shuttle company rep there who will guide you. When we get off the ship early (before 8:30am), all the shuttles are waiting. Once were were delayed fixing our SeaPass bill at Guest Relations and didn't get off until 9:15am. We had to wait for the next shuttle. Still got to MCO by 10:30am, but it was stressful since our flight was 11:45am and we still had to go through security. Lucky for us the security line was not bad that day.

Also, as a tip, if you have not already booked airfare, Sunday is by far the most expensive day to fly out of Orlando. If there's any way you can stay an extra day and fly back on Monday, you'll typically see significant savings. For us, it was more than $400. More than the cost of a hotel room, transport, and meals, and we got to spend an extra day at the beach rather than feed those vultures at the airline :D

Love the black & white pic!

Hello All,

I like to go to Grills and take pics, now that we have a Sunday ship again. Here are some good ones I got of Freedom leaving yesterday...ENJOY!

And in black and white, sorry this was an accident, but I like it.

DSC04106.jpg

Archived