Sapphire credit for missed ports

rge

We were on the Sapphire 4/25 -5/2 and received a credit on a future cruise in the amount of $299 each, for my wife and I. We also signed up for a future cruise with a $200 deposit. When I went to book a Hawaii cruise for Feb. on the Princess site, it only took off one $299 credit, it did not include the $299 credit from my wife's account or the $200 FCC. The way I see it they should deduct $598 and show the $200 deposit. Have I misunderstood? I'm not complaining, I'll book anyway, but if they take my credit only, that's not 1/2 off the Sapphire Cruise.

We were on the Sapphire 4/25 -5/2 and received a credit on a future cruise in the amount of $299 each, for my wife and I. We also signed up for a future cruise with a $200 deposit. When I went to book a Hawaii cruise for Feb. on the Princess site, it only took off one $299 credit, it did not include the $299 credit from my wife's account or the $200 FCC. The way I see it they should deduct $598 and show the $200 deposit. Have I misunderstood? I'm not complaining, I'll book anyway, but if they take my credit only, that's not 1/2 off the Sapphire Cruise.

If you booked this direct with Princess, give them a call, I am sure they can apply the second credit to your cruise. What I would guess has happened is that your wifes account has her credit listed seperately from yours and a phone call is what it will take to have them deduct both credits.

Call Princess or your TA. Hopefully, it was just mishandled.

That is exactly what happened to us when we got the $75/pp goodwill credit after our last cruise. We went to book and it automatically took it off of one fare only. I had the hardest time getting the TA to understand that it was for EACH of us. Ended up letting the supervisor look at it and it quickly got corrected. Must be a "glitch" in the Princess system.

Janet

Just booked the 12/6 Golden 14 day Hawaii cruise with an on line TA and there was no problem with the goodwill credit and FCC which together amounted to $800 off the fare. We got an obstructed view for only about $250 more than we paid for 3 in an inside on the 7 day Sapphire cruise 4/25. So I'm happy.

Archived