Any chance Cozumel will return?

kruisecat

And here's why I ask. We are booked on the June 14th sailing of Valor. When I go to look at the excursions for the cruise the only ports showing are GC, Roatan & Belize. Key West is not an option. I'm hoping that it might be because they are rethinking the whole Cozumel issue. Anyone have any insight or thoughts? Thanks! :D

It's gone????

Sorry...couldn't resist.

No question in my mind...when the hype caused by our media subsides, things will get back to normal.

It's gone????

Sorry...couldn't resist.

No question in my mind...when the hype caused by our media subsides, things will get back to normal.

should have expected that :D!

But I should have been more specific....I'm wondering if it will be put back on my intinerary? It isn't a deal breaker, we booked the cruise knowing it was more than likely going to be pulled, but the fact that I can't look at the excursions has me very curious (and hopeful!)

Thanks again!

Our itinerary changed from Western to Eastern...some people in my roll call were told by Carnival that they would not be able to book excursions for the new ports of call until on the ship. If that is the only port that changed for you, then that makes sense.

Kruise,

I am also on this sailing and it looks as if our media scared everyone into avoiding Mexico (even though the US has more swine flu cases now), so Key West here we come!!!

Bob

Why are you blaming the media? The government has issued a travel advisory, that is still in effect warning that all non essential travel to Mexico should be avoid. Last time I looked a vacation was not essential travel.

Why are you blaming the media? The government has issued a travel advisory, that is still in effect warning that all non essential travel to Mexico should be avoid. Last time I looked a vacation was not essential travel.

Because that is exactly who blew it out of proportion which in turn, the government, CDC, and WHO put up a travel restriction..... They just played the fear card.....

Our itinerary changed from Western to Eastern...some people in my roll call were told by Carnival that they would not be able to book excursions for the new ports of call until on the ship. If that is the only port that changed for you, then that makes sense.

well that seems pretty logical. Thanks! Like I said, it's not a deal breaker...but I was keeping my fingers crossed :)

It's gone????

Sorry...couldn't resist.

you beat me to it.. ;)

BUT, I was gonna say..

No, no chance it will ever return, it has run away and is gone Forrrreeeverrr!

;)

I understand your feelings about Cozumel. When I booked my cruise on the Fantasy it was because I wanted to visit Cozumel again. While some places are very touristy, there are other areas that still have the original vibe.

I want to book a cruise in late September or early October on the Fantasy again for Cozumel,but I'm in a wait and see mode right now.

I'm hoping by end of June (or sooner) they will lift the ban on travel.

I think the changes made already are set and will stay that way, it had to have been a mess and I doubt they want to send out more letters with changes now.

Whether they keep excluding Mexico after the mid-June dates remains to be seen, but I would guess that H1N1 will fizzle out and possibly come back in the fall.

Because that is exactly who blew it out of proportion which in turn, the government, CDC, and WHO put up a travel restriction..... They just played the fear card.....

I don't know why you think media caused these various countries and organizations to use caution re:Flu, and you're entitled to your opinion. However; normally, events generate news and I think that's the case here.

We were dissapointed this last January when Carnival substituted St Lucia with Grand Turk due to specifically booking that cruise for St Lucia. Seems that The Miracle had some propulsion issues and Grand Turk meant they didn't have to put the pedal to the metal.

But now I see where people who booked the Mexican Riviera are instead being re-routed to Astoria, Victoria and Vancouver. Taking a hot weather cruise and turning it into a cold weather cruise, now there's something to be dissapointed in. Still, I see where many are taking it in stride and making the best of it. After hearing what they are going through, I don't think I'll ever be dissapointed in an itinerary change again.

I blame the media as well...

They blow everything out of proportion.....

Sorry I don't blame the media, I blame Carnival. Its funny I am reading all of these posts of everyone that wants to go to Cozumel, and I was told today by Carnival that they are not changing my 0614 itinerary back because it would make everyone else on the ship upset that they were going to Cozumel! They basically can not change the itinerary just to make me happy! SIGH!

Oh well if anyone needs any insight on what to do in Key West I can definitely help since I go there all the time!

if you go on the carnival website and click on itenirary update you will see the changes. we are sailin on 6/28 valor and we are confirmed for cozumel now. i think most sailings after 6/14. propably because this decision was already made and ports were notified who would or wouldn't be coming. keep checking there for updates incase it changes

Archived