Sideways Interior Cabins on Century

mfabz

We just returned from Century's TA and had the sideways configured cabin 1043 on Penthouse deck. Two years ago we sailed in a 'regular' inside cabin on Mercury on the same deck. The advantages of the sideways cabin for us were that the cabin door did not open with a view of the bed as in a regular cabin. We also liked that the closet area could serve as a dressing area, and again, was much more private if the door to the cabin should be opened. I believe that both cabins are exactly the same square footage just with the door in a different location. We could see no disadvantages to the sideways cabin design and Iliked it slightly better than the regular cabin design because of the location of the cabin door. Our cabin on Penthouse deck was directly across from the big Penthouse suites and open spaces between the nearest cabibs on both sides of us so we heard absolutely no noise whatsoever, except one night when it was very windy and we heard some chairs blowing around up on the deck! During the day we never heard any noise at all.

Has anyone stayed in a sideways cabin on the Century. How are they set up? Did you like it better or worse than the usual interior setup?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have stayed in sideways cabins at least 3 or 4 times:)

I like them very much and a bit better than the regular cabins.

When you walk into the cabin the bed is to your left or right

(depending if you are port or starboard). For me, it seems

to give the cabin a bit bigger feel...but it is the same

sq footage so maybe its all in my mind:D:eek:

Archived