Asked to speak at RCCL event

Its totally insane. Anyone who would do this for free needs to have their head examined.

Talk about an overreaction. I signed up to do a chat (July 26) because I love to talk about cruising! To borrow a phrase, "Why Not?" I was not pressured, coerced, threatened, etc., to do so. I know compensation was not part of the deal. So what? RCCL is attempting this, likely as a pilot program, and will determine if this is effective. Some of the harsh comments on this thread are difficult to understand. What's everyone's problem? I don't plan to sugarcoat things (for example, ship excursions are more expensive than on your own), but I certainly don't plan bash RCCL, like mentioning a toilet issue on our cruise last month on the Grandeur. Talking cruising is simply FUN.

I did the talk in North Jersey a few weeks ago. It was a shame it was a wonderful Saturday NO RAIN!!!! Out of 100 yes only 8 showed up. What a shame. There was a gentleman there from Miami and I felt so bad that so little people came. Again it was fun I love RCCL and Yes I would do it again even with only 8 people there. You can't blame them for trying to do something fun. Why do people always think they should be paid?

I spoke at one of the first events last month. I thought it went very well. I enjoyed doing it and would do it again if asked.

I think the weak point of the events was the turnout. As I recall, the one I heard about only had about 1/3 show up. They may need a better method of selecting an audience.

We went to the coffee and cruise last night. We only had 8 people show up and the young lady in charge had never cruised. The barista was so soft spoken that you could barely hear him. We were trying to give the young lady advice about booking her cruise.Didn't learn anything ,but we were entered for a free cruise contest.

We went to the coffee and cruise last night. We only had 8 people show up and the young lady in charge had never cruised. The barista was so soft spoken that you could barely hear him. We were trying to give the young lady advice about booking her cruise.Didn't learn anything ,but we were entered for a free cruise contest.

It sounds like they either could not find anyone to host that one or they did not show up and the person from the marketing company led it.

It will be interesting to see if there is every a second round of these events or if they come back in the revised format.

Here at CC we only hear a sampling of how the events went.

I would love to be able to see the analysis that RCL ends up with, but I am sure that will stay in-house.

Archived