Hotels in Fort Lauderdale?? Where to stay?

Sunsetters

We are going to head in the day before our cruise. Anyone have any info on a good place to stay that is not $400 per night. Would like to be close to the docks as well as the beach, resteraunts ect...

There is tons of Fort Lauderdale hotel information here in the Florida homeports section of CC

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We have stayed at Embassy Suites, Renaissance and Pier 66 pre cruise, all on 17th Street near the port and were happy with all of them. Usually can get them for a good price on Priceline, Hotwire etc.

We are going to head in the day before our cruise. Anyone have any info on a good place to stay that is not $400 per night. Would like to be close to the docks as well as the beach, resteraunts ect...

We have stayed at the Radisson. Close to many restaurants, shopping and the beach is right across the street. Rates vary depending upon the location/view from the room.

We stayed at Extended Stay America. Close to the curise port. .50 Trolley to the beach. Booked in on priceline dot com and was only 65.00. Room was small, but clean and had a mini kitchen with fridge & microwave

We are scheduled for the 31 May cruise. Have scheduled the Embassy Suites on 17th st. They have a cruise package and eastern facing rooms give you a view of the cruise terminal and ships. Will be our first trip from Lauderdale but we did some research and this is what we went with. Tax/title/ and tags it is about $155 a nite

GR

Yep - La Quinta

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985

I think we paid 149 a night which includes free breakfast. You're within walking distance of a strip mall with restaurants and a KMart for last minute stuff. Also there is a free shuttle to the ship and airport. Can't beat it. We thought it was a great place to stay. Also, you are a 10 dollar cab ride to the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk - a great place to spend a day swimming and enjoying the day before a cruise.

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

Can't go wrong really.

There's the courtyard mariott fort lauderdale, (in dania) its right on 95/595 off of griffin road. Its walking distance to the IGFA Musieum and Bass Pro Shops (my favorite store). Carnival has it listed on there website to. Just an idea.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllht-courtyard-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

I can recommend where NOT to stay. Stay away from the Montreal Inn in Hollywood.

I got there after my cruise, a couple weeks ago, and their office was locked up. There were key lock boxes on a lot of the room doors as well. There were a couple phone numbers listed on their hours of operation sign in the office window. I called each of them and only got voice mail; but I left messages on both numbers.

Pretty soon a young man comes rolling up on a bicycle and it seems they were indeed expecting me. He went into the office & got me an envelope which containd a note to me with a map of the property.

I got to my room which overlooked the pool - but it was kept locked the whole time I was there. On the way I did see a "For Sale" sign on one of the buildings. In the room was a double bed, a 13" TV, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, glassware, flatware & dishes. No telephone tho, and there was only one bar/restaurant in the neighborhood - food was sure good tho.

The last night I packed & set my clock/radio for 3 a.m. I woke up during the night and looked over at my clock and the display was flashing - the power had gone off sometime during the night. To cut a long story short, it was late and I'd missed my flight back to the Left Coast. The power failure cost me 6 hours; I was supposed to arrive at 11:30 a.m. but didn't arrive home till 6:30 p.m.

I can recommend where NOT to stay. Stay away from the Montreal Inn in Hollywood.

I got there after my cruise, a couple weeks ago, and their office was locked up. There were key lock boxes on a lot of the room doors as well. There were a couple phone numbers listed on their hours of operation sign in the office window. I called each of them and only got voice mail; but I left messages on both numbers.

Pretty soon a young man comes rolling up on a bicycle and it seems they were indeed expecting me. He went into the office & got me an envelope which containd a note to me with a map of the property.

I got to my room which overlooked the pool - but it was kept locked the whole time I was there. On the way I did see a "For Sale" sign on one of the buildings. In the room was a double bed, a 13" TV, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, glassware, flatware & dishes. No telephone tho, and there was only one bar/restaurant in the neighborhood - food was sure good tho.

The last night I packed & set my clock/radio for 3 a.m. I woke up during the night and looked over at my clock and the display was flashing - the power had gone off sometime during the night. To cut a long story short, it was late and I'd missed my flight back to the Left Coast. The power failure cost me 6 hours; I was supposed to arrive at 11:30 a.m. but didn't arrive home till 6:30 p.m.

Yikes!!! :eek:

At least it will be a trip you will remember!! :p

I think your dates are peak season if I read your ticker correctly. Around the first of January?

Check rates at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. It is close to everything and on the Sun Trolley route. You can get around without a car via trolley, water taxi, and walking.

Trevan,

I have a Scottish Terrier that looks just like your picture.

They are so beautiful and loving, strong willed but great.

Linda LHC

Thanks; his name is Logan & he's a wheaten colored Scottie. He was about 1 1/2 years old when I took the pix/avatar. He'll be 4 this August.

He was rather perturbed that I wouldn't take him with me when I went through the puppy fence; like (I assume) all Scotties, he wanted to be where I was. This is certainly true inside my apartment.

When are you travelling, a lot depends on your sailing dates, for example when Superbowl hit Ft Lauderdale rooms triple in price,

Wow this is great!! Thanks for all of the suggestions...I guess January is considered prime time...We arrive in FL Jan.29th for one night before our 8 Day Freedom Cruise!!:)

Oh lawsy! Read the sticky at the top of this forum entitled "Important South Florida Dates"

Trevan,

My Callie is Wheaton, she is 17 months old and went through therapy dog training so she can come to school with me (I work with ED children). She always makes me smile.

My kids and staff adore her and she is beat at the end of the day, so my min. dauchshund Penny who is 13 doesn't take so much heat in the evening.

Linda

I'll be going to FLL again next May and I've already made my hotel reservations for a couple nights pre-cruise. I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure & got it for $130 a night + tax.

Archived