Will We Like Mariner of the Seas?

We are HAL and Princess people but on our last HAL cruise in March a lot of people recommended RCCI so we are considering the coastal cruise in June - price is great and convenient.

We like to relax and do spa (not treatments, but therapy pool, sauna and steam (do they have steam rooms and saunas?)).

We also like to just relax and drink a bit in the evening and enjoy the ship.

We love the specialty restuarants on HAL and Princess. Sounds like RCCI has them as well and that they are good.

What else will we like about Mariner?

Thanks!

I think you will be very happy with the Mariner.

I think the best place to sit, relax, and enjoy an evening cocktail is up in the Viking Crown Lounge (very top). Unlike most ships, this lounge does not look out into darkness at night. It overlooks the entire pool deck.

The specialty restaurants are Chops Grille (steakhouse) and Portofino (Italian). Both are excellent. I highly recommend both.

There is no shortage of things to do. The Royal Promenade is a neat feature and so is the ice rink. DO NOT miss the ice show.

I think you will be very happy with the Mariner.

I think the best place to sit, relax, and enjoy an evening cocktail is up in the Viking Crown Lounge (very top). Unlike most ships, this lounge does not look out into darkness at night. It overlooks the entire pool deck.

The specialty restaurants are Chops Grille (steakhouse) and Portofino (Italian). Both are excellent. I highly recommend both.

There is no shortage of things to do. The Royal Promenade is a neat feature and so is the ice rink. DO NOT miss the ice show.

I also love deck 13..Ellingtons for the view at sunset/night/pool deck. Band up there in the evening. Was there every night for a while. Laura

Sounds good! Do you know if they have saunas and steam rooms? Any pool/retreat areas that are adult only? We don't do pools except in spa areas.

Yes, they do have a fully stocked spa area. Unfortunately, I've never used it, so I do not know specifics about the sauna or steam rooms. Forward of the main pool area is the Solarium pool, which is adults only.

There is a great adult pool area that they enforce pretty well. No kids. Nice pool, plenty of sun or shade..which ever you prefer. Try the specialty resturants. well worth the money.

There are saunas and large showers in the health club locker rooms. I believe there is also a large whirlpool tub in the middle of the workour area. As stated before the Solarium is adults only with it's own pool and hot tubs. Kids can, and will, walk thru this area, however.

Here is a link to some photos: http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/publicspaces/health/shipshape/lockers/ma/

Archived