Travel between Venice and Genoa?

Thecat123

We are doing a double cruise of the Med and our bit of paper only says a free "Private transfer between Venice and Genoa". We are doing a 7 night cruise on MSC Musica Venice to Venice and then a 7 night cruise on MSC Fantasia early September. What method of transport, train, coach etc would MSC use to take us and how long would it take?

It is most likely to be coach and I'd think it would take at least 3 hours. I'm doing Milan to venice in August by train and that will take 2 hours. I've done Milan to genoa and back by MSC cOach and by train and both take around 2 hours plus. looking at the map venice is definitely a lot further from genoa than Milan. You might be lucky, they may give you an internal flight.

Thanks for that AmoMondo I keep on forgetting to ask TA. I would like to go by road or rail as I could see some of the country side as flying you don't get to see anything. I think there is about 8 hours between the two cruises

We are doing a double cruise of the Med and our bit of paper only says a free "Private transfer between Venice and Genoa". We are doing a 7 night cruise on MSC Musica Venice to Venice and then a 7 night cruise on MSC Fantasia early September. What method of transport, train, coach etc would MSC use to take us and how long would it take?

+1. We are planning The Splendida (round trip Genoa) then The Musica (round trip Venice) in July next year. I have checked the raileurope.com and it shows 3.5 hours with conecting in Milan, but so far we have to provide our own transportation.

According to my bit of paper ship arrives at Venice at 8am and then Fantasia leaves Genoa at 5pm so there should be plenty of time. I have just noticed the Free Private Transfer in the real real small print "A minimum of 6 passangers required to obtain free transfer only on day of embark/disembarkation" Whereas I was thinking it was MSC's problem on how they did it it may become ours after reading that small print. :confused: again

According to my bit of paper ship arrives at Venice at 8am and then Fantasia leaves Genoa at 5pm so there should be plenty of time. I have just noticed the Free Private Transfer in the real real small print "A minimum of 6 passangers required to obtain free transfer only on day of embark/disembarkation" Whereas I was thinking it was MSC's problem on how they did it it may become ours after reading that small print. :confused: again

If that became the case, I'd recommend train travel, which is an enjoyable inexpensive way to see the countryside.

Just check there are no strikes scheduled. :(

You may be able to find out the number of passengers doing both cruises on your roll calls, for peace of mind. :)

I would say it should be okay as there are 2 of us already so to get another 4 shouldn't be a problem as the cruises we are doing are sold as that 2 week cruises. But I do like the second largest writing is "Free Transfer" but the tiny writing says the conditions. Another job for TA :D

Thecat123,

Thanks for the info. We are trying to switch over to the Fantasia/Musica since we heard that MSC will provide free transportation between Genoa and Venice (same day arrival and departure) and they said only certain dates apply. Can you please cut & paste if possible of the small print say "Free Private Transfer in the real small print "A minimum of 6 passangers required to obtain free transfer only on day of embark/disembarkation" etc. etc. or you can private email to me.

Thanks in advance for your info.

PC168 This is from the piece of paper I got. I typed in MSC Grand Mediterranean Cruises in Goggle Search. Another site says the same and another was slightly different.It might be different for you as things seem to be priced different for different countries.

Quote "Conditions apply. Prima price discount already shown in cruise prices. Prices are per person, twin share for cruise. ^Minimum of 6 passengers required to obtain free transfer & applicable only on day of embarkation/disembarkation.

*Kids under 18 cruise free when sharing with 2 adults, however still pay port charges. Prices are subject to availability & change without notice. MSC Travel Pty Limited ABN 55 003 526 725 Licence Number 2TA 003126 as General

Sales Agent for MSC Crociere S.A."

Another site, this is Australian I think? I am getting more confused.

BOOKING CONDITIONS: prices are per person twin share & subject to availability. Valid for Sale until 30 May 09, unless sold out. Prices correct are subject to change should tariff, taxes, fuel surcharge &/

or currency fl uctuates, price not guaranteed until fi nal payment. Cruise itineraries can alter at the discretion of the cruise line. Pre/post accommodation may be required due to fl ight schedules & this is at

an extra cost. ~ Mode of transfer depends on booking numbers – if greater than 20 pax book then a coach transfer will take pax directly from Venice port to Genoa port. If min numbers are not met pax will

travel independently on a fi rst class rail ticket & port transfers are at pax own expense. * Children under 18 yrs travel free when travelling with 2 paying adults & share the same cabin – port charges are

not inclusive & need to be paid. Passport details are required at time of booking. Conditions, deposits, amendment & cancellation fees apply. Credit Card fees apply. Flyer reissued 13 Mar 09 & replaces

previously issued fl yer. Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Talpacifi c Holidays ACN 116 597 554 Lic 3116392.

Thank you Thecat123!

I just noticed that different country offers different promotions and most of them are in 2009 sailings with "transfer free" and the prices are big different as well.

Thank you again. I hope I will get your review once you sailed your B2B MSC cruises. I am sure I will have lots of questions to ask you. Enjoy and have lots of fun! Happy sailings!

Thecat123,

Thanks for the info. We are trying to switch over to the Fantasia/Musica since we heard that MSC will provide free transportation between Genoa and Venice (same day arrival and departure) and they said only certain dates apply. Can you please cut & paste if possible of the small print say "Free Private Transfer in the real small print "A minimum of 6 passangers required to obtain free transfer only on day of embark/disembarkation" etc. etc. or you can private email to me.

Thanks in advance for your info.

Why don't you shift your trip forward to our date and we will work it out as we will then have four people and we talk English :D

Another site, this is Australian I think? I am getting more confused.

BOOKING CONDITIONS: prices are per person twin share & subject to availability. Valid for Sale until 30 May 09, unless sold out. Prices correct are subject to change should tariff, taxes, fuel surcharge &/

or currency fl uctuates, price not guaranteed until fi nal payment. Cruise itineraries can alter at the discretion of the cruise line. Pre/post accommodation may be required due to fl ight schedules & this is at

an extra cost. ~ Mode of transfer depends on booking numbers – if greater than 20 pax book then a coach transfer will take pax directly from Venice port to Genoa port. If min numbers are not met pax will

travel independently on a fi rst class rail ticket & port transfers are at pax own expense. * Children under 18 yrs travel free when travelling with 2 paying adults & share the same cabin – port charges are

not inclusive & need to be paid. Passport details are required at time of booking. Conditions, deposits, amendment & cancellation fees apply. Credit Card fees apply. Flyer reissued 13 Mar 09 & replaces

previously issued fl yer. Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Talpacifi c Holidays ACN 116 597 554 Lic 3116392.

I'm intrigued. Why would one offer "Min of 6 passengers" free transfer and the other "greater than 20 passengers" free transfer? Is it the wholesaler?

Why don't you shift your trip forward to our date and we will work it out as we will then have four people and we talk English :D

Hi Thecat123,

Thanks for the offering. However, we are travelling a family of 4, my husband and I and the two kids (kids free on MSC), they will be 14 & 12, July & August are the only summer months that they won't be in school in N. America, knowing traveling in July & August are the most expensive months for the year. What can we do. When they were young, we always took advantage being travelled in off seasons, not anymore... also, we already made plan this July to travel to the Rockies mountains...

Cheers,

Carrie

Hi Thecat123,

Thanks for the offering. However, we are travelling a family of 4, my husband and I and the two kids (kids free on MSC), they will be 14 & 12, July & August are the only summer months that they won't be in school in N. America, knowing traveling in July & August are the most expensive months for the year. What can we do. When they were young, we always took advantage being travelled in off seasons, not anymore... also, we already made plan this July to travel to the Rockies mountains...

Cheers,

Carrie

Just a comment for the future. Maybe you could consider pulling your children out of school, so you can all travel in the off season.

We regularly did that, plus one trip atw for a year. They both learnt much more through their travels than they learnt at school, yet still got top marks at school.

Just a comment for the future. Maybe you could consider pulling your children out of school, so you can all travel in the off season.

We regularly did that, plus one trip atw for a year. They both learnt much more through their travels than they learnt at school, yet still got top marks at school.

Totally agree.

Hi Thecat123,

, we already made plan this July to travel to the Rockies mountains...

Cheers,

Carrie

We did the Rocky Mountain Train last August. We got upgraded to the Gold Leaf on the train as we booked very early. I don't know what price difference between Gold Leaf and the Red Leaf. From what we heard and were told we wouldn't look at Red Leaf as Gold was so much better. I look at things with the prices of airfares from here to Canada what is another $1000 on top of the cheaper price to get a lot better. The service and everything on the Gold Leaf was out of this world but I suppose they were Canadians. :D hehehe

Archived