Zip lining in Victoria?

Sounds like you're after a little adventure? That Sooke zipline looks awesome! I've never even heard of it but, it's probably because I don't live in Victoria.

There is a fantastic place south of Nanaimo (where I live) called - Wild Play. It has bungee jumping and king swings but the absolute best thing according to my daughter is the TreeGo. It is a series of zip lines, ropes, bridges, planks etc. all suspended 10-50 feet above the ground. Our friends from England did it last year - said it was just the most scary yet exciting couple of hours they'd ever spent.

I'm not sure how long you'll be in Victoria and if a trip up to Wild Play Adventure Park is even feasible but, if I've peaked your interest - take a look at their website. I guarantee, if you're looking for adventure, you won't be disappointed here. If you were driving, you could probably get to the Park in just over an hour, depending on your car rental pick-up location and traffic.

Sounds like you're after a little adventure? That Sooke zipline looks awesome! I've never even heard of it but, it's probably because I don't live in Victoria.

There is a fantastic place south of Nanaimo (where I live) called - Wild Play. It has bungee jumping and king swings but the absolute best thing according to my daughter is the TreeGo. It is a series of zip lines, ropes, bridges, planks etc. all suspended 10-50 feet above the ground. Our friends from England did it last year - said it was just the most scary yet exciting couple of hours they'd ever spent.

I'm not sure how long you'll be in Victoria and if a trip up to Wild Play Adventure Park is even feasible but, if I've peaked your interest - take a look at their website. I guarantee, if you're looking for adventure, you won't be disappointed here. If you were driving, you could probably get to the Park in just over an hour, depending on your car rental pick-up location and traffic.

http://www.wildplayparks.com/ Just watching the bungy can be a lot of fun

• 1 year later...

We cannot do the WildPlay because it appears to close at 5 pm, and our ship arrives in port at 4 pm. However, the Adrena ZipLine website indicates that they offer evening zipping in the summer. Does anyone have any recommendation of this place, either positive or negative?

hi epixx - I haven't personally done adrenaline but have a lot of friends who have and say it is brilliant. The zip line is in Sooke, about a 45-50 min drive outside of Victoria.

I've been to Butchart Gardens numerous times and it is beautiful especially in the summer time. I believe on Saturdays in the summer they have evening fireworks (late so it depends when your ship leaves) but it is a spectacular show. The Gardens are about 30-40 min drive out of Victoria depending on traffic.

Whatever you end up doing, enjoy Victoria!.

Awww... my friend, Tom Benson, owns WildPlay. Known him over 30 years, since high school. :)

Maybe you can suggest to him that he keep it open longer (7 to 8 pm) in the summer to allow us cruisers to enjoy it, too?

Maybe you can suggest to him that he keep it open longer (7 to 8 pm) in the summer to allow us cruisers to enjoy it, too?

Ha ha! Good one. Perhaps he should keep it open until 9 to 9:30 prior to sunset in the summer months to catch some of that cruise traffic. I'd definitely do the zip lining if I was on a port call there for a few hours. What's with these cruise ships that come in from 7pm to midnight when all the attractions are closed down for the night?

I'll see if I can reach him by e-mail. :)

What's with these cruise ships that come in from 7pm to midnight when all the attractions are closed down for the night?

I assume you will be on an Alaskan cruise? Under the Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886, foreign-flagged vessels cannot transport passengers directly between U.S. ports without a stop in a foreign port. Victoria or Vancouver, BC count as foreign ports and satisfiy this requirement. I know it's a drag pulling into port so late, and for so brief a time. Victoria is an absolutely beautiful city, worthy of exploring for at least a day.

• 2 weeks later...
We're going to be in Vancouver for a day and a half before our cruise, is there any place to zipline closer to vancouver???

Thanks!

We are sailing out of Vancouver in September and I bought tours tickets to The Big Bus and the Capialano Suspension Bridge. If you google Capialano Suspension Bridge, there is a link for zip lining.

Grouse Mtn has a zip line course - I was up the mountain today and there were people zip-lining - once I upload the camera I will post a couple of the images for you.

Here's a link to Grouse web site:

http://www.grousemountain.com/Winter/adrenaline-adventures/mountain-ziplines-vancouver.asp

Cheers

Dennis

The Cascadia is a block away from my condo - yes it is accessible by bus - two choices - the preferred is to walk to Waterfront Station which is next to the cruise terminal and take the Sea bus across Burrard Inlet to Lonsdale Quay and then catch the #236 which will take you to the Mountain. The other choice is to catch a bus on Georgia and then transfer in North Vancouver - I am not sure of the exact route but perhaps Scott Bee who uses the system more than I can help with that part.

As promised here are some images of the zip liners today - it was foggy up the mountain is morning - it didn't completely clear off until early afternoon so the pictures don't show the beauty that can be seen from the mountain.

As a bonus there is also a picture of one of the Grizzly Bears that make Grouse home - this fellow is Coola - he is now full grown - I remember when they were cubs and arrived on the mountain after their mothers were killed.

Cheers

Dennis

384415322_GrouseJuly132010046.jpg.70c3d9eceac12e775cbfe083e2752cb1.jpg

1836663334_GrouseJuly132010048.jpg.2872be6eaff271aabe8437195667b5a9.jpg

343905961_GrouseJuly132010051.jpg.3e51c474e17a8f723ce0bd5b3c3c7311.jpg

439819372_GrouseJuly132010052.jpg.68d05bf3f9c0251e15f1f14e92805849.jpg

633663304_GrouseJuly132010023.jpg.90d6673a60b871dfdc479f43fa780bc0.jpg

http://www.wildplayparks.com

Our family took the ferry over from Vancouver to do this and it was one of the most fun things I have ever done. I almost chickened out on the Black Course, but with some encouragement from the rest of the family, I got through it... Since I have come home I have been wishing we had something like that here, heap of fun and a sense of accomplishment when completed. (kids 15 and 13)

Archived