Ncl jade room selection. Help!!

Bocadude85

Ok hopefully you guys can help me, we just booked a 12 day European cruise and want to do the AC cabin again. The problem is when I look at the deck plans of the jade the rooms on the 9th floor look much larger then the rooms on the 10th floor, but when I asked my PCC which floor had the larger rooms she told us the 10th floor. So we booked room 10000... but now I am wondering if she is wrong? Anyone know?

I don't have hard facts, but I can tell you what I was told when we were in 10504 on the Pearl, which is the sister ship of the Jade. We were told that the overall square footage of cabin and balcony of the AAs and ACs on deck 10 and deck 9 are the same, but that the balcony is wider on the deck 9, thus reducing the interior cabin space.

I don't have hard facts, but I can tell you what I was told when we were in 10504 on the Pearl, which is the sister ship of the Jade. We were told that the overall square footage of cabin and balcony of the AAs and ACs on deck 10 and deck 9 are the same, but that the balcony is wider on the deck 9, thus reducing the interior cabin space.

We were in room 10000 on the Star a few weeks ago and the room was much larger then those on deck 9. My PCC told me the rooms on deck 9 on the Jade are 294 sq feet with a huge balcony and that the rooms on deck 10 are 357 sq feet with a smaller balcony... but if you look at the deck plans the rooms on the 9th floor look much larger...

While I was not in any of the deck 9 AC rooms I did look at the balconies quite a bit and can tell you they are equally as wide on 9 and 10 (I can't confirm depth exactly but they looked the same to the naked eye). The balconies on the 10002 and 10052 are substatially larger than 10000 and 10050 - but the reverse is true of cabin size. 10000 and 10050 have large windows and an area that cuts out substantially into the balcony. The smaller balconies for 10000 and 10050 are mostly covered by the bridge above (affording some privacy from bridge officers) but limiting sun. We found the smaller inside space of 10002 more than adequate and took full advantage of the large balcony inlcuding while at sea including at night.

The middle AC rooms on Deck 9 (9000 and 9500) do not have the same configuration as those on deck 10 as the overhang of the centre forward part of the bridge is not a consideration.

One obeservation is that all deck 9 AC balconies are in full view of the thermal lounger room in the spa but those on deck 10 cannot be seen from there.

Jeff

Archived