Now that CDC eased Mexican travel

ManyMore

I'm sure there'll be plenty but Carnival had to make some commitments to dates for the replacement ports...

I'm sure everyone will be happy to get back to Mexico, the west coast folks in particular. They have so few options for ports that taking away Mexico reduced their options dramatically...

I'm sure there'll be plenty but Carnival had to make some commitments to dates for the replacement ports...

The Carnival Legend did not get a replacement port...Insteasd they got a seaday. Wonder why this would be so difficult to immediately begin going to Cozumel? Original schedule vs a seaday...Um....

The Carnival Legend did not get a replacement port...Insteasd they got a seaday. Wonder why this would be so difficult to immediately begin going to Cozumel? Original schedule vs a seaday...Um....

Carnival will lose money with a sea day instead of a port stop, but because they allowed people to change and gave credits, etc. it is a no win situation. If someone canceled because they took Coz away, and now they put it back how does Carnival satisfy them?

Because, as someone pointed out on another thread, people were given the option to cancel and rebook other cruises, so if Carnival went back to the original itinerary people would be mad.

Also, I'm betting that it's not that easy to 'just switch back', even if the Legend wasn't booked in another port.

Because, as someone pointed out on another thread, people were given the option to cancel and rebook other cruises, so if Carnival went back to the original itinerary people would be mad.

Also, I'm betting that it's not that easy to 'just switch back', even if the Legend wasn't booked in another port.

Not to mention the fact that people may are already changed airlines once.I'm sure they would be highly upset if they had them change again.

How many people do you think will have threads complaining about still not being able to go to Mexico? Shall we take bets? lol

There will always be some people out there complaining about one thing or another.:(

Yes but how many times is it reported on this board that Carnival reserves the right to substitute ports, take ports away, add them on, etc etc? How many times are we told to read our contracts by those on this board?? If it worked out that Carnival could change it back and go to Coz, all they have to say is TOUGH LUCK to those who cancelled. It's in the contract; they can do what they want!

RCCL chose to switch back on the 24th of May. So it's not impossible to do!

Having already gone to the Mexican Riviera on the Splendor 4/5, I booked the Canadian Riviera both for itinerary AND the ridiculously low $279pp price! I would be happy whether it stays the same or goes back to Mexico. It's all win-win for me!:)

Having already gone to the Mexican Riviera on the Splendor 4/5, I booked the Canadian Riviera both for itinerary AND the ridiculously low $279pp price! I would be happy whether it stays the same or goes back to Mexico. It's all win-win for me!:)

Canadian Riviera:confused: If 2 words never belonged together....those would be the 2:D

You are safe, the Splendor is due back to the Mexican Riviera the week after you.....so you will receive what you paid for:D

I'm sure everyone will be happy to get back to Mexico, the west coast folks in particular. They have so few options for ports that taking away Mexico reduced their options dramatically...

Speaking only for this West Coast person, I'm delighted with the booking I was able to get on the Splendor for 5/31! We've been to Mexico a lot more times than we've been to Astoria, Victoria, and Vancouver. Sympathy for the disappointed, but very happy for us. :)

Has anyone read the most recent posts on this site regarding the unexpected removal of the Roatan stop on the Legend cruise last week? It says that there was some kind of "civil unrest" a demonstation planned at the port or something and they cancelled the stop about 6:00 p.m. the night before and ended up at sea for another day. Seems they just sailed around in circles for a day and there was a gathering of sorts by some unhappy guests which got misconstrued by the security personnel and things got weird.

I was Ok with the Cozumel cancellation as things were getting scary when they made that decision but I am not looking forward to another cancellation and another "fun day at sea" if this situation in Honduras is not settled. I hope they either go to Honduras or have an alternate port scheduled.

Has anyone else heard anything about this weeks cruise and whether they went to Honduras? I sent an e-mail to Carnival asking if this has been resolved but no response yet.

How many people do you think will have threads complaining about still not being able to go to Mexico? Shall we take bets? lol

I do not know or do I really care. However, why should we be interested in going to Mexico? Millions of Mexicans want to come here even if they have no lawful reason to be here.

Archived