Wi-Fi on the Golden

jean95404

My husband has brought up this question to me, and I am posing it to you folks (vast source of experienced information that you are).

Princess' information on the ship says that there is wi-fi in the staterooms. Does anyone know if there is a charge for connecting to the wi-fi? I imagine there probably is, but some hotels have free wi-fi, and maybe Princess has decided to make it free in the rooms, but time-for-fee in the internet cafe.

:confused:

Oh boy.... it starts all over again :( *sigh*

Wouldn't it be nice if Princess themselves had a web page dedicated to answer this question, rather than start a troll-storm over and over on here about the cost of WiFi on the ships and the merits of it?

My husband has brought up this question to me, and I am posing it to you folks (vast source of experienced information that you are).

Princess' information on the ship says that there is wi-fi in the staterooms. Does anyone know if there is a charge for connecting to the wi-fi? I imagine there probably is, but some hotels have free wi-fi, and maybe Princess has decided to make it free in the rooms, but time-for-fee in the internet cafe.

:p:p:p:p When pigs fly Princess will give free internet connections..wifi is the same price as using the internet cafe! 75 cents a minute or packages of minutes for less....

75 cents per minute or you can buy a package, Packages are:

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$175 for 500 minutes

No refund for unused minutes

Connection is via sateite and very slow.

Unlike hotels, WiFi is through Satellite connection onboard any ship, therefore they will not offer it free of charge. The cost will be the same whether you connect using the internet cafe, or laptop. WiFi available on some ships in staterooms is more or less a convienence thing, but never free.

Archived