Heathrow to Southampton

I have an arrival time of 11:00AM (hopefully) at Heathrow on the day of embarkation. Do you think my husband and I will be able to make it to Southampton in time to make boarding? Wish we were able to come in a day earlier but no can do:(.

Assuming you'll be sailing at 5, 11am might be a squeeze. If you're in a car you should be fine (but it's very expensive to hire a car to pick you up). Does RCCL provide transfers? If so, that could be a good option. Other options include the train, but you have to change at least once and possibly negociate the tube in London with your bags, so not ideal. Coach services tend to be slow.

Generally it's around 2 1/2 hours. If you're in a car or on a direct transfer you shouldn't have any problems at all. If you're getting there another way, be very careful of your timings- there won't be much room for error!

Hopefully you will be fine and have a great trip!

If we book transfers with RCL will the ship wait for us?

I hope we are not left standing at the dock as the ship sails away.

It is more likely that they will wait than if you are traveling independently. While the cruise lines normally say they will not wait, I have been on ships where they did wait for people coming from the airport.

• 1 year later...
It is more likely that they will wait than if you are traveling independently. While the cruise lines normally say they will not wait, I have been on ships where they did wait for people coming from the airport.

If it's just your coach, then there is a 99.9% chance she will not wait for you.. however if it's about 500 people, then she might just wait for you..

you need to be onbard at least 90 minutes prior to the sailing time or your tickets.

by the way, the latest arrival time at LHR if you book transfers with RCI is 11:15 am

I have an arrival time of 11:00AM (hopefully) at Heathrow on the day of embarkation. Do you think my husband and I will be able to make it to Southampton in time to make boarding? Wish we were able to come in a day earlier but no can do:(.

Are you flying British Airways? If not, start quaking.

BA has the lovely new Terminal 5. It is MUCH easier to get out of.

But if I were you, I would bite the bullet and engage a private driver to meet you and whisk you to Southampton. Any waiting for general transportation could be your downfall.

The other terminals..............I smell disaster.

Be carefull - I have made more trips to Heathrow then I'd like to remeber. What I do remember is that none of them arrived on time.
Yes, and a flight arriving at 11:00AM is likely one of the last ones of the day leaving from the US. Those tend to be late more often.

Archived