AE mini suite on Caribbean Princess

mrsz

Has anyone been in the Ae mini suites on Caribbean Princess. I paid for my June cruise already and read on one of the boards that the twin beds dont go to queen and there is no bathtub. If anyone has any pictures or comments I would appreciate it.

I believe that AE Mini Suites are those that were designated for disabled passengers and so they have the single beds that cannot be put together and an accessible shower.

It was later discovered that the doorways were too narrow for wheelchairs and these cabins are now on general sale.

Please look precisely at the icons on the Deckplan diagrams and in the brochures. I had an issue with Princess over my balcony cabin where what was described in the brochure was not what was given to me for that grade.

Best of luck

K

If you go to the princess website and put in a specific room (number) you will see that the virtual tour does show a king bed. If this turns out not to be the case I will be furious with my TA.

If you go to the princess website and put in a specific room (number) you will see that the virtual tour does show a king bed. If this turns out not to be the case I will be furious with my TA.

Cate-Have a look at the deck plans for the Caribbean princess. Go to Dolphin Deck and look all the way towards the aft on Port and Starboard. There is a ' * ' on the AE's, if you look closely, and if you click on the stateroom, it definitely tells you, 'non convertible' to queen beds, and shower only. I would call your TA, as the AE category staterooms on the Caribbean princess are just as it shows. Twins that can not be moved, and shower only. If your TA told you differently, I would be on the phone to them pronto. Sorry!

I booked directly with princess and they never told me about the shower and non convertible beds. It is a guarantee canin and it looks like there are only two AE mini suites. I am hoping to be upgraded. The difference in price to the next category is $1700.00.

I booked directly with princess and they never told me about the shower and non convertible beds. It is a guarantee canin and it looks like there are only two AE mini suites. I am hoping to be upgraded. The difference in price to the next category is $1700.00.

Although there are only two AE mini suites, this category is often booked as a guarantee because it is the lowest priced mini suite available. We have booked them before and have always been upgraded. Usually to an AA and once to an AB category.

BUT, remember, someone does end up in one of these two AE mini suites, so keep your mind open that you never know exactly who those lucky (?) passengers might be. But there is a more than better chance that since this was booked as a guarantee, it is not where you will end up. Best of luck, and keep us posted when your stateroom assignement shows up. ;)

I will be happy wherever I am. I dont know if my husband will be happy about the twin beds, but I am sure he will be fine, as long as we are on vacation. I will let you know what cabin I get. Thanks for all the info.

I heard back from my TA; the AE that we have is definitely convertable (and has a tub) so I think we are set. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I believe your TA has given you the wrong advice, but perhaps you will be lucky and be upgraded. If not, perhaps you can get the steward to convert the beds to queen anyway, as I have seen posts here saying that they were able to do so, though I think it left a very narrow walkway between the bed and the wall. There will definitely not ba a tub though, in fact it is really just a shower head on the wall with a shower curtain to pull around and a drain in the floor. It was intended to be a roll-in shower, so is not raised off of the floor at all. I was across the hall from one of these cabins on the Grand last summer and nosed around inside it on the morning of disembarkation after the occupants had left.

Can786,

Can you tell me if the cabin is the same size as the other mini-suites? It doesnt look oddly shaped on the web-site. I believe when booking this category Princess should tell you about the difference. What if i didnt have a computer? How would I know it has no tub or no quuen bed?

Can786,

Can you tell me if the cabin is the same size as the other mini-suites? It doesnt look oddly shaped on the web-site. I believe when booking this category Princess should tell you about the difference. What if i didnt have a computer? How would I know it has no tub or no quuen bed?

The deck plans clearly indicate it is "non-converting, shower only".

FWIW, the two beds may be turned sideways to make a queen, although this does make access to the sitting area more difficult and requires that you squeeze around the foot of the bed. Here are pictures of that room on the Golden in both the twin and queen layout, courtesy of Janet:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/378283620Wcvptp

The deck plans clearly indicate it is "non-converting, shower only".

FWIW, the two beds may be turned sideways to make a queen, although this does make access to the sitting area more difficult and requires that you squeeze around the foot of the bed. Here are pictures of that room on the Golden in both the twin and queen layout, courtesy of Janet:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/378283620Wcvptp

Personally I would not like the Handicapped shower most of all in these staterooms. They tend to flood the bathroom if the ship is moving at all as it is a roll in type with no lip to stop the overflow of water.. We were assigned a handicapped stateroom on another line and the shower was the biggest problem.

Can786,

The cabin size appears to be the same as other minisuites I have been in on this class of ship. The balcony is actually larger, as it extends further to the rear of the ship.

Don't be fooled by this! Even though you put in a specific cabin number, you do not see that specific cabin. You will see a generic cabin in that category.

Rick

I just hope tHat princess doesnt overbook and ask us to do another sailing. This is my second time on princess. I hope that we are not disappointed. We are diamond members on Royal Caribbean and their mini-suites were great. We are doing this cruise with my sister,who likes Princess better. I guess I will see!

Thanks for the pictures. Cabin looks a little worn!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures. Cabin looks a little worn!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, those pictures are of the Golden and they were taken in 2004 and 2005. The cabin was a little worn, but you will be on the Caribbean Princess.(not the Golden) Don't fret! We loved the cabin and booked it on more than one occasion! We loved the extra desk area across from the couch. The bathroom does not have a tub, but it is very big. It is sooo quiet back there. Most of the people who say it is awful have not even stayed in it:confused:.

Don't let worry ruin your cruise experience!!! This cabin cannot be THAT bad if people book it more than once!!!

Janet

I just got my cabin assignment we were upgraded to an AC cat. on the Dolphin deck. Cabin D207. Guess it cant be too bad uo there because the Suites are forward on the same deck. I am just happy to be going. Thanks for all your help.

Archived