Changes to MDR Seating times NOS - check yours!!

If you are referring to the times listed under Profile, Onboard Preferences, I do not believe those are new traditional dining times. Times differ according to ship and itinerary. Under your profile I think RCCL is just trying to get what your ideal time would be so they can match it up as close as possible with your preference once you book another cruise.

We had staggered traditional dining time on Voyager in the Mediterranean. Early seating was 6:30 and 7:00, late seating was 9:00 and 9:30. A few months later we sailed Voyager out of Galveston. Early seating was 5:30 :eek: and late seating was 8:00.

Mediterranean cruises typically have much later dining times and I knew that from reading CC. We got the standard spiel of 6:00 for early and 8:30 for late when we booked and every time I called and asked about it because I had read here on the boards of the later staggered times. All my booked invoices from RCCL stated we had early dining at 6:00. WRONG! But I knew because I'm CC savvy. ;)

I think the OP got caught up in the recent changes made online and now your actual time for your ship/itinerary shows. You never actually had 8:30 seating. It's just all they were able to show for late until the "fix" last week. You're lucky that you have MTD to choose from. We did not. And even with 7:00 seating we had to hustle to dinner on more than one night.

emmy - even on ships that do the staggered dining times you do not get to choose. It's still simply early or late and you find out which early or late you get once you get you SeaPass card.

Geez talk about confusing us eh.

I just had look at my notes I made about the new times etc.

"The change with regard to traditional dining times will happen on May 10th."

"If your sailing has 4 times then you will have choice of 4 times."

"As of May 11th, if your booking said just Main..it will now show exact time."

I do seem to remember something about Diamond members getting whatever seating they wanted...although it may have been Dplus...darn it wish I had record on my phone sometimes.

Why cant they just put it all into system...check it works and then tell us about it...rather than confusing folks.:o

Sorry if I got your hopes up Emmy.:o

Sorry if I got your hopes up Emmy.:o

Liz ~ my Oasis is 16 months away so alot can change in regards to dining for Oasis by then. Will keep my eyes open.

My booking is direct with RCI and I have been reading about a Modify button but I do not see that on my My Cruises for DH's

Thanks anyway :)

This thread is now a mix of three different topics:

1) Different dining times on the Mediterranean vs. the Caribbean

2) Different dining times on the Oasis

3) Recent computer changes related to My Time Dining.

Good luck to everyone making sense of each others' posts.:D

I changed our MDR time from first to second sitting the other day due to all day trips on the Brilliance.I was told by the TA it would be approx 9pm (from 8.30 previously) I thought it sounded quite late but we will be out at least 4 days all day on tours so it had to be changed.

I got off the 4 night Navigator cruise to Marseille and Ibiza this morning. 2nd sitting was 9.15 - it felt quite late. The show one night didn't start til 11.30!!! A great cruise but if you can't take late nights, it's probably one to avoid!

Hi Emmy

It is Fleetwide :D

In "My Cruises", Profile, Onboard Preferences, you will find, Beds set up & then MTD & the new 4 Traditional Dining Times :)

I can only check I have correct dining times on my two bookings made here just now as cant access my two oasis ones(made in US) due to website error :(

This new choice for traditional seating is a bit confusing.

Our booking on Jewel for 2010, still shows the original first seating tme we booked which is 6:00 pm , but our profile page also asks for a selection of which traditional time we want... & I think the time now would be 6:30...has anyone updated this on their actual booking to request this?

guess we'l have to call them to make sure we get traditional for the 6:30 slot--5:30 is too early & suggested for young children... 6:30 is better (I am diabetic & like to stick to my set schedule for meals) I am hoping we will not be rushed to fit into all this new MTD stuff!

This new choice for traditional seating is a bit confusing.

Our booking on Jewel for 2010, still shows the original first seating tme we booked which is 6:00 pm , but our profile page also asks for a selection of which traditional time we want... & I think the time now would be 6:30...has anyone updated this on their actual booking to request this?

guess we'l have to call them to make sure we get traditional for the 6:30 slot--5:30 is too early & suggested for young children... 6:30 is better (I am diabetic & like to stick to my set schedule for meals) I am hoping we will not be rushed to fit into all this new MTD stuff!

Thanks for this info about the Profile page on My Cruises. I just went and changed preferences for both DH and I to 6:30pm. Still showing 6pm traditional though on booking.

Why does it have to be a complaint, why can't it just be an observation, the OP has changed to MTD in order to satisy their needs. This cruise has been changed to suit the needs of the large number of passengers that wanted to eat later. We all have to accept that as cruises become more popular to many nationalities, this kind of thing will happen more often. I suppose you might complain about announcements being made in a foreign language as well. Life should not be about complaining all the time, its a cruise simply enjoy it.

I have to agree. I thought the exact same thing when I first read this topic. Why all the bashing? You're on vacation, relax and go with the flow. (couple of glasses of wine makes it a lot easier also ;))

Unfortunately that is the flavor of the week around here lately. Cruise Critic should give every poster 1 complaint every six months. LOL And you can't carry them over........:)

I think there are a few folks on the boards who are up to January 2017. :eek:

Archived