Yet another Hotels in Barcelona question

Does anybody know of a hotel or hotels that offer airport or port shuttles? We're flying into Barcelona for a day's stay pre-cruise and we're looking to make our transport to hotel and then to cruise port as easy as possible. I'm also interested in knowing how much RCI would charge for the port to airport transfer and its that's a good idea.

Thank-you much in advance:D

I can say that RCL normally charges for all Transfers say Airport to Hotel to Cruise Terminal back to Airport around $50-75 PP. we are looking at doing a TA and since we haven't been to Europe, will take the Cruise Transfers. I believe most all the Hotels will offer shuttles. You might check the Voyager Roll Call, Nov 29th as they are leaving from Barcelona on a TA and there are several of my friends their that can assist you with Hotels, etc. One coiuple lived near Barcelona so know the area well. Enjoy your Cruise

You might consider taxi's, the are readily available everywhere when we were in Barcelona. We used them for everything; ship to city/hotel, hotel to attractions, attraction to attraction, and hotel to airport. They were clean, drivers were all professional, the rates were all metered and reasonable.

For 4 passengers and luggage:

Airport to dowtown ~ 30 Euros

downtown town to port ~ 30 Euros

has anyone used private transfers? We are a party of 6...are taxi vans readily available that will carry 6 pp plus luggage....charge? Do they charge pp? We were considering staying at the Grand Marina because it is close to the pier....can you walk from there to the port..or is a taxi still required? It costs a little more but we figured what we saved on Taxi's we could spend on a hotel?

has anyone used private transfers? We are a party of 6...are taxi vans readily available that will carry 6 pp plus luggage....charge? Do they charge pp? We were considering staying at the Grand Marina because it is close to the pier....can you walk from there to the port..or is a taxi still required? It costs a little more but we figured what we saved on Taxi's we could spend on a hotel?

We have used private vans a number of times in Barcelona due to luggage space. English speaking drivers and always on time. One of their vans could carry six - ask first. Website is: http://autosvilar.com/

The Grand Marina would be great IF your ship docks at the World Trade Center pier. You can walk over and check in. However, if they dock at Port Vell, you would probably not want to walk from the hotel - you must cross over a bridge, traffic is heavy and busy with trucks.

Does anybody know of a hotel or hotels that offer airport or port shuttles? We're flying into Barcelona for a day's stay pre-cruise and we're looking to make our transport to hotel and then to cruise port as easy as possible. I'm also interested in knowing how much RCI would charge for the port to airport transfer and its that's a good idea.

Thank-you much in advance:D

Don;t even bother with this!! The taxis are readily available and much easier than trying to find a hotel with a shuttle. If you are staying near Las Ramblas, the taxi to the port was only 13 euros; it's abiut 30-35 from the airport to Las Ramblas. This is WAY less than your ship will charge. Really the only way to go and very simple.

If this was Rome I would be concerned but this is Barcelona. You can trust the Cab Drivers in this city and the Taxi's at the airport are easy to catch. Plan on 24 to 28 Euros for two people with luggage. Ride time into the City will be twenty minutes. If you have the time you can take the Aero Purto Bus for something like $3.80 Euros each. The bus has luggage racks and will get you to the Plaza. Enjoy your trip and don't panic this City is a very nice place to visit. Tim

We used this company in late November 2008. It was 122 euros from the airport to our hotel which was in the Gothic area (across from the cathedral) - there were 6 of us. Driver was very courteous, van was clean and big enough for more of us!

> Limousines Miramar S.L.

> Av. Diagonal 661-671 (Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I)

> 08028 Barcelona

> Phone: +34 902500840

> Fax: +34 902501520

> Web: www.miramar.net

I think most of the answers point at taking a taxi.

In Barcelona we took a cab from the cruise terminal to our hotel (Hotel Colon, which is perfectly located with a view of the Cathedral square). The cab cost us seven euros plus five for the baggage.

To go to the airport we were charged (again by the meter), but had an extra luggage charge of ten euros.

You can barter and argue about luggage charges, but the upshot is that it is so much more convenient to have the bellboy put the luggage into the taxi, the taxi driver unloads it at the airport curb and you go from there.

Archived