Plane #

karolm

Tee hee ... I know it's complicated. My AC questions can only be answered by someone who has access to AC's proprietary dispatch systems where one has lookup access by FIN numbers. I pretty sure you cannot see that on Amadeus or Sabre! :-)

But, we probably should give Alidor the benefit of the doubt and allow him/her the opportunity to reply before we start the mad hectoring / haranguing ... didn't we already have one thread pulled on account of that?

Scott. aka Call me Switzerland :-)

Ball is in your court, Switzerland!!! (love that neutrality)

The answer was FAR from satisfactory for a "not complicated" question.

The info IS on SABRE suite but only if you have the full suite. And of course as everyone has pointed out, that info could change on a dime with a mechanical or other problem.

To the OP-AA cargo reported there is a 90% chance flight 1362 will be flown by the plane used for flight AA374 arriving from DFW (actually STL from DFW). When the plane arrives JFK, flight 1362 turns back around to ORD and becomes flight AA585.

There IS a slim possibility that flight 1362 will use the plane that was flight AA853 arriving from Boston. Whether ANY of this holds true day of flight is anyone's best guess except airline ops.

Since the only logical reason for the OP to ask this question is to keep track of weather at origination, keep track of the weather out of DFW and BOS.

Geez, this person just asked if there was a way of knowing where their

scheduled plane was coming from. It certainly isn't worth 22 posts of mostly putting me down.

I think it was a fair question without the 3rd degree. WHY would I want

to know that information. In case there is bad weather that would interfer with my flight. I could make other arrangements.

Who is putting you down???? No one!!!! But it is NOT an easy question, no matter what some may imply. No one is giving you the third degree but info is always preferable to making a guess about flight numbers, dates, etc.

I got the best answer I could from my contacts at AA cargo.

The info IS on SABRE suite but only if you have the full suite. And of course as everyone has pointed out, that info could change on a dime with a mechanical or other problem.

To the OP-AA cargo reported there is a 90% chance flight 1362 will be flown by the plane used for flight AA374 arriving from DFW (actually STL from DFW). When the plane arrives JFK, flight 1362 turns back around to ORD and becomes flight AA585.

There IS a slim possibility that flight 1362 will use the plane that was flight AA853 arriving from Boston. Whether ANY of this holds true day of flight is anyone's best guess except airline ops.

Since the only logical reason for the OP to ask this question is to keep track of weather at origination, keep track of the weather out of DFW and BOS.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your time and effort.

Carol

It is kind of a moot point question anyway. There is no way anyone can possibly book advanced flights on which airport that plane may actually originate from or what the weather would be on that particular day. Even if the info was readily available, there is absolutely no guarantee that the info would be accurate on the actual day of flight. Just book the most solid connection and allow enough time to be comfortable (and then some!).

For those interested, the CO mobile website has THIS PAGE which gives great info. Plug in a flight number and check the radio button marked "View Flight Status". The result gives the aircraft type and fleet number, along with a link reading "Where is this aircraft coming from?"

You can actually backtrace an aircraft for a couple days as it moves around the CO system. Far more info on the mobile site than the main CO page - perhaps because they designed it for road warriors and FF.

Again, this is more of a "real time" info system than a planning one.

It is kind of a moot point question anyway. There is no way anyone can possibly book advanced flights on which airport that plane may actually originate from or what the weather would be on that particular day. Even if the info was readily available, there is absolutely no guarantee that the info would be accurate on the actual day of flight.
So it really wasn't very easy to find out, was it?

And that is supposed to mean???
Well, I was following this series of posts:-
What is the flight number and date you are trying to track?
Geeez this is so complicated.

AA 1362 ord to jfk (then 152 to Barcelona)

What date? It's not complicated but you need to give full info.
May 22 1362 ord to jfk

152 jfk to bcn

But it has turned out that it is actually quite complicated, hasn't it?

Give it a rest - it was almost a hypothetical question as it's one that very, very rarely comes up when people are planning a trip.

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for all your good information.

My plane has come from Boston to Chicago all week and will when I leave

tomorrow maybe.

It was very nice of you to look that up for me. I broke my cardinal rule of flying in the same day of my cruise. I won't make that mistake again. It

is just too stressful. Flights are flying full tomorrow to Barcelona.

Again, thank you all for your help. Cruise critic is great.

Carol

My plane has come from Boston to Chicago all week and will when I leave

tomorrow maybe.

Carol

How did you come up with that info??? Just curious. Glad I'm not putting freight on the flight that AA cargo told me was the PROBABLE plane if you are correct. I may have had perishable freight sitting on the tarmac.

Using the gate number for arrival and departure. Boston seems to be the

match.

Part of my drill when I get to the airport is always checking status of the inbound aircraft by matching gate numbers and arrival time. If the inbound aircraft is late, I know there's a problem before check-in. OTOH yesterday my BOS-LAX flight had the aircraft inbound from SJU a few minutes early so I knew I could relax.

Some airports have excellent flight status websites, so that is one tool you can use to match arrivals with departures. Maybe that's what karolm did.

BTW, all 3 AA flights I took this week were ontime or early. I realize weather is mild right now but it was still nice and I'm probably overdrawn at the travel karma bank.

BTW, all 3 AA flights I took this week were ontime or early. I realize weather is mild right now but it was still nice and

I'm probably overdrawn at the travel karma bank.

Congrats on the good karma. I'm hoping for some myself next week - don't want a repeat of what happened to my family yesterday. For their 1 hour flight to Dallas, the inbound flight had a mechanical issue. They arrived 4.5 hours late into Dallas.

Archived