Complimentary Pressing Service

CajunLiner

I understand that this is only during the first day on-board. Does this mean that everything that will need pressing can be brought on-board wrinkled or is it just supposed to be a touch-up service for items slightly disheveled by packing?

Justin

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;13;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Cruise

I have never heard of a complimentary pressing service for the first day of the cruise or any other day for that matter. The first day is a little chaotic with new passengers coming on board, luggage delivery, etc. I can't see them adding to the chaos by offering free pressing or giving up any revenue they would otherwise receive. If they did offer such a service I can see some people bringing as much stuff with them as possible to get it pressed for free.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

They will press you to buy a "Bahama Mama" on the first day as well as every day thereafter!

With Compassion for others we build...we fight for peace and freedom

I think the complimentary service is available to the suite passengers. I seem to pack right so I have never had to use it.

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

Ha ha ha. There is no free pressing, period. We had Royal Suites on both Celebrity Cruise and paid what everyone else does.

Judy & Bill

Mercury Mexico December 03

Windjammer Polynesian Feb. 03

Infinity Canal December 02

WJ Legacy Feb. 02

HUGE Carnival Mistake Apr. 02

Norway 1992

Too many other Windjammers to even count...over 40 weeks at sea

The free pressing is in regards to the California coastal cruises. If you bring your own grapes on board the ship they will press them for you and bottle them in wine bottles free.

Of course, there is a corkage charge if you want to drink the wine (er... grape juice) in the dining room.

A sidenote, why is it called a corkage fee when in reality they de-cork the wine?

Do they only press grapes or will they press olives as well. Nothing like some fresh olive oil for your salad.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

ditto...no free pressing, even in a suite. In fact, they will not take any clothing from you to launder/dry clean...on the first day at all. The laundry folks are off duty!

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

Strange, just off the Millennium in Feb '04 and our butler had all of our wrinkled clothing pressed the first day, no charge. He also shined two pairs of my dress shoes, no charge.

Regards,

Tom

Zenith 09-07-02

Millennium 02-22-04

We have had them forget to bill us before but never free pressing. We were on the Century [Royal Suite] in Nov/Dec and did have the butler take our laundry the first day. The only difference is in expedited laundry service - we still paid. I wish our laundry at home was as good as the ones onboard!

in suite on HAL ships there is free cleaning an d pressing for the entire cruise.

1/05 Constellation

2004 Tahitian Princess

2002 zuiderdam

2001 millenium

1993 regent sea

1986 emerald sea

1981 sun viking

1971 jason

1969 carla c

Hmmm........ Concierge Class (Cat CC) shows "free laundry pressing" as one of the perks. Maybe what's free is that they set up the ironing board, and plug the iron in for ya. icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til the cruise of the Century

Celebrity Horizon '97

RCCL Sovereign '98

Grand Princess '99

RCCL Enchantment '00

Ocean Princess '01

RCCL Radiance '02

Golden Princess 4/5/03

RCCL Navigator 1/10/04

Celebrity Century 9/11/04

Diamond Princess-Alaska 9/05

When was that CC perk changed? According to Celebrity's website, the Concierge class offers priority pressing service not free pressing service.

Priority service carries a surcharge of 1/2 the normal fee so for priority service, you would pay 1.5 times the normal fee. In concierge class, you would only pay the normal fee for pressing, but get priority service.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

haj: Could be my mistake. Or wishful thinking icon_rolleyes.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Celebrity Horizon '97

RCCL Sovereign '98

Grand Princess '99

RCCL Enchantment '00

Ocean Princess '01

RCCL Radiance '02

Golden Princess 4/5/03

RCCL Navigator 1/10/04

Okay guys here is the deal. I doubt the pressing is free, but by visiting the Heloise's packing tips here I ascertained that you can prevent the necessity for pressing by avoiding wrinkles in the first place by simply placing each of your already pressed garments on the hanger into a plastic cleaner's bag prior to packing.

My alternative plans are to simply request my significant other to have my garments in order and laid out or wear a pair of swim trunks, t shirts and flip flops for 7 days.

Norway 11/85

SS Independence 7/91

Star Princess 10/02

4/17 Celebrity CENTURY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;17;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Frankly, the t-shirts, swim trunks, and flip-flops sound like the best deal. icon_biggrin.gif

Celebrity Horizon '97

RCCL Sovereign '98

Grand Princess '99

RCCL Enchantment '00

Ocean Princess '01

RCCL Radiance '02

Golden Princess 4/5/03

RCCL Navigator 1/10/04

icon_eek.gif No wrinkles on the nude cruise ... who are you kidding? Unless it's all youngsters, there would be plenty of wrinkles, all of the kind that don't "press out" whether the service is free, or paid. Leave me in some clothes, please! icon_biggrin.gif

High Seas Gal

Northern California

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)

NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)

Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)

NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)

Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2004 (Mexico)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raudacruise:

Pack BoTox, it doesn't wrinkle icon_wink.gif.

George & MaryBeth<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it come in the handy, economical, 50 gallon drum size?

Archived