recycling clothing among cc members

I just checked. The price for a shoebox size priority international to Canada is a whopping $40.95. Sounds prohibitive to me, but it CAN be done online. Hope this helps.

Margaret

That's crazy but I bet they could be mailed cheaper. If I had put the shoes in one of the postal services priority boxes it would have cost about $12. By using my own box it was almost half that. They asked when I mailed them if I wanted to send them overnight for only $43.:eek:

I'm no expert, but I do know shipping is usually more expensive going from US to Canada and obviously not as convenient because you can't just use a priority box.

I got a huge case of USPS priority padded flat rate envelopes today that I ordered on usps.org. So any items that are small and light (like a blouse or skirt or anything that you can squeeze in there) will go for one low rate and if you buy the postage at usps, they add the delivery confirmation for tracking free!

Debbie

Standard first class would be somewhere between $15 and $20 probably. Depends on the weight of course but I'm guessing a pair of shoes to be around 2 pounds. That $40.95 price is international priority.

CJ

They are still available, but to be very honest, I'm not sure when I'd have time off from work that I could get to a post office to find out about shipping to Canada.

Everything I've done so far is USPS priority mail because I can print a label and stick it in the mailbox.

Perhaps someone else on here can advise me?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Margaret, I mailed a pair of shoes to Canada in June and it was $18.95 for a First Class package.

Wendy

Hi Ladies,

I was just cruising through CC and found you all. What a great forum. Hubby and I took our first cruise in April and we are hooked. Already booked our next cruise for November and already counting down the days.

Since I only been on one cruise I do not have any formal gown and I am determined to find one somewhere before our next cruise. Just have to get one of those pretty pictures of hubby and myself taken in formal wear.

I already been to a few discount stores and can't find anything in my size. If someone has a size 18-20W they no longer need I would be very grateful.

Silvia

They are still available, but to be very honest, I'm not sure when I'd have time off from work that I could get to a post office to find out about shipping to Canada.

Everything I've done so far is USPS priority mail because I can print a label and stick it in the mailbox.

Perhaps someone else on here can advise me?

Hi ... Sorry I was not able to get back to you before today ... I popped by Achilles Tendon and then dislocated my knee cap on the same leg so I have not been able to go down the stairs until today to be on the computer as I could not put any weight for the stairs on that leg .... I think with the cost of international shipping for the shoes I will have to pass on these shoes :( ... They are very cute :) and I hope they find a good home .. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend :)

Since Cat is going to pass on the shoes Magenta321 I would definately be interested as my go to shoes for cruising had an accident with a 3 year old. Let me know if they are still available.

Thanks,

Kelly

Still available. Magenta 321 at gmail

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was looking for international shipping that could be done from home. First class is limited to 15 oz., I believe. So that probably can't be done for a pair of pumps.

Margaret

My family is in Canada so I ship there all the time. UPS may do an in-home pickup, but be aware that you have to fill out about 3 different forms for international shipping, regardless of how you ship, and sometimes that's easier to do when you have help from the counter clerk.

Do you have a friend who works in an office that has a regular UPS pickup? If so, you could ask them to take it to their place of work. I put my packages with our work stuff, and my employer also permits me to use our corporate discount (and then I reimburse the company).

Hi Ladies! I'm new to the recycle board and didn't know if this was acceptable... I have a beautiful Vera Wang gown that I plan on wearing next year to an event, but I would be more than willing to loan it to you lovely ladies in the interim as I will only plan to wear it once. It is sized as an 8, but fits me like a 6.

It is too pretty to sit in my closet collecting dust! As soon as I figure out how to post photos, I will.

Silvia, I have a copper colored formal dress in a regular size 18 that I only wore once or twice--then I lost 80 pounds.

I'm on vacation until Sept 2, but could post a picture later that week if you're interested.

My event is in the beginning of April.

Your gown is beautiful. Since Andygofter1 cruise is in November and Feb, and your cruise is in April; perfect, you can loan your gown to her. What are you wating for? You did offer right?

Edited by Porthopper101

I am such a pinhead; I deleted and empty all the emails without saving Amy's address :D.

Amy, do you remember the purple the one shoulder gown? I told you it was taken, actually I was going to surprise and send it to you. Darn it! I deleted your address. Could you please send me your address.

Marie

Hi Ladies! I'm new to the recycle board and didn't know if this was acceptable... I have a beautiful Vera Wang gown that I plan on wearing next year to an event, but I would be more than willing to loan it to you lovely ladies in the interim as I will only plan to wear it once. It is sized as an 8, but fits me like a 6.

It is too pretty to sit in my closet collecting dust! As soon as I figure out how to post photos, I will.

This is a VERY generous and kind offer but have you thought this through? If it's something that you plan on wearing, what happens if by some chance it get's lost along the way? The person wearing it could be very careful but there are a number of ways it could get ruined. IMO, you are taking a risk. On the other side of the coin, I know I would be worried to death if I was wearing something that a person expected to get back.

I am such a pinhead; I deleted and empty all the emails without saving Amy's address :D.

Amy, do you remember the purple the one shoulder gown? I told you it was taken, actually I was going to surprise and send it to you. Darn it! I deleted your address. Could you please send me your address.

Marie

Hi Marie,

So glad to see you back on here. :) Hope you got your boot on! ;)

I see in your note above, that you deleted email's & just wondering if you need my address again?

Stay well & sure hope that foot is getting better.

Marie

Do you mean me, or another Amy?

This is a VERY generous and kind offer but have you thought this through? If it's something that you plan on wearing, what happens if by some chance it get's lost along the way? The person wearing it could be very careful but there are a number of ways it could get ruined. IMO, you are taking a risk. On the other side of the coin, I know I would be worried to death if I was wearing something that a person expected to get back.

I have thought about it. The dress is a bit big on me and my latest migraine medication is making me drop more weight. I have a back up that fits be much better. I do however see your point completely and I am very appreciative for your thoughtful input.