Everybody talks about chair hogs, but.....

jnadz

First - She did not leave them empty....no mind readin neccessary....she left towels, a hat, books, lotion, etc. The chiars were set up for a days worth of use.

During lunch - YUP! for 10 minutes my family has lunch at a table outside, and then goes back to the chairs we have been using all day. The chairs are not "unused"...if the family was all in the pool it would be the same thing. We are NOT talking about leaving the pool area, or for long periods of time...

As for being rude - Don't agree. If I got up early in the morning, and have been an active user all day, and get up for 10 minutes for lunch...with full intention of coming directly back, I should be able to "retain" the chairs. There is a huge difference between hogging withou use, and "taking a short break".

Public Chair - Yes it is...and as a public chair, if you get up early you can claim it - as long as you use it. To me, the issue is those that drop a "saver" because they "may come back later and want it". Completly different.

I totally agree with you! Eating lunch at a table for 10 minutes then going back to your chair is no different than being in the pool for 10 minutes. Some people are so busy checking out what everyone else is doing that they forget to have fun!

Pat

In reply to IDJAFFE -

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT????? WHEN U GET UP THE CHAIRS ARE UP FOR GRABS. HOW ABOUT A LITTLE CONSIDERATION FOR YOUR FELLOW CRUISERS. SOME PEOPLE ARE UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I don't think you totally read his post or understood what he said. When his wife got up to go to the bathroom, they had made eye contact and she knew he was on his way to the chairs. So he probably arrived at the chairs all of 3 minutes after she left them to have a potty break. Now we're not allowed to go to the bathroom without losing our chairs?!:eek:

It's kind of like finding the bar folks. Sure they come back five or six times when there is still beer in the bucket, but as soon as it is empty, they all seem to disappear. :eek::D

You need to sit next to us:D And we don't even tip them extra......

I'm leaving this Saturday on my first cruise, and I've been reading through this thread to learn the rules of chair politeness. :eek: I'm still confused....

Seems that even if you leave your stuff for a bathroom break (and we ALL need one every now and then) it might still be considered rude, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Seems like if you leave your stuff to grab a bite to bring back to the chair (and we ALL get hungry every now and then) it might be considered rude, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Seems as if you leave your stuff to wander aimlessly around the ship (and after a few DOD's, we all want to do that every now and then) it might be considered rude, and I'm NOT going to do that.

Do I have it so far??? :confused: :cool:

You understand perfectly! Have a great cruise and don't sweat the small stuff!

Pat

Archived