Everybody talks about chair hogs, but.....

jnadz

[quote name='LemurCat']Heya Toni!

How was the cruise? I got "talked" into going on the NCL Majesty out of Bal'more later this summer. My dad really twisted my rubber arm.

And yeah, you should have taken pictures!:D[/quote]

It was great!!! Loved it..wish i was still there!

Where you cruising to?

[quote name='gtouch']I would probably light up a cigarette and I don't even smoke.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing! I don't smoke but I would've found something to smoke just to p!ss her off!

[quote name='Texarribean Chick']Ya, beware of Tex Chick, she just might swipe your stuff! LMAO! Sorry, couldn't resist at little laugh at my own expense!

Chick.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I guess I'm too paranoid about that $22 towel. I've read too many stories on here of what happens to the chogs' towels!

When I decide it is time for lunch or bathroom break, my husband always stays with the loungers for the few minutes it takes to fill my plate and return. Then he leaves, fills his plate, and returns. One chair is empty for less than 10 minutes. If we decide we want to dine together, then yes we do gather up everything.

Chair hogs should not exist...BUT the Chair police offten go too far.

On one cruise, my wife went to get us a couple of chairs while I took the kids to the camp.

As I entered the pool area, she saw me and got up from the chair she was in to go to the bathroom. Within seconds, a couple dove into our chairs. (I am talking the time it takes to walk down 1 flight, and across the pool deck).

When I walked up and informed them that they were in my chairs, they started yelling at me that there was "no saving" and claimed that we were hogs.

That was as close as I ever got to a fight onboard a ship. The only reason it didn't happen was the 20 or 30 people around us that ALL came to our defense....and after 10 minutes of yelling, finaly they got up.

As for us - we like to be in specific areas so we can watch the kids when they are in the pool or on the slide. SO - one of us gets up early (usually around 7:30ish) and goes to get chairs. The other will join with the kids about a 1/2 hour later.

Then we go for breakfast (ususaly bring the food out and eat at a table near our chairs).

We are back in the chairs by 8:30ish....one of us takes the kids to the club around 9.

Then (other than bathroom, pool, bar, etc) we are in the chairs all day. We grab lunch and either bring it back to the chairs, or sit at a table nearby for 10 minutes while the kids eat.

We consider ourselves activly using the chairs all of that time. We do not leave them for hours at a time.

Don't consider ourselves hogs (in fact, we only take 2 chairs for 4 of us)....and if someone was to grab the chairs during the 10 minutes that we are eating, we would be VERY upset.

[quote name='trock']My favorite Island, i love St George...
Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!

(NCL is having a fabulous sale!!!)[/quote]

Yeah, we're on the Majesty which I'm less tha pleased about but the timing and the price were right so what can you do? I mean, the last time we did Bermuda it was on the Sea, which was just above a garbage scow. I'm just excited about going away again. It's been a rough year.

[quote name='mcarlson']See, I don't consider that a chair hog. If you're using the chair and want to run down to get some food quickly how is that wrong? I really think people are stretching the chair hog thing too far. Chair hogs that upset me are the ones who don't USE the chair, they just put their towel on it early morning and aren't seen again or very rarely.... if you're using the chair all day and want to go get food, go get it.

On my last cruise I saw someone take a chair because "there is nobody there, they can't save it with a towel" and the person that had been sitting next to us was literally gone 5 minutes. When they came back they told the girl she was in their chair and she pointed across the way and said "oh. there's one over there" meanwhile...they were a couple. I think that is plain rude. So an "anti-chair hog" can be as disrespectful as so called chair hogs.

There has to be some give and take, I don't think going to get food classifies as hogging. Leaving a towel there all day without USING it, now that's a whole other story.

Megan[/quote]

Very well said.

[quote name='jnadz']Who can actually say they are not a chair hog?

I want to be repectful to all passengers, but who actually sits in a chair, then picks up all their stuff to go to lunch for 20-30 minutes and then starts the search for a new chair all over?..... anybody?.....[/quote]

I do~! I've never left my stuff on a chair to do anything but go to the bathroom. I prefer the quieter locations anyway and there's usually an abundance of those loungers when I go. By the time I'm hungry I've usually had enough of laying out anyway. :)

[quote name='jnadz'][B][/B]Who can actually say they are not a chair hog?

I want to be repectful to all passengers, but who actually sits in a chair, then picks up all their stuff to go to lunch for 20-30 minutes and then starts the search for a new chair all over?..... anybody?.....[/QUOTE]

PLEEEZE I don't think it would be a problem if it were 20-30 mins.

People who get up early. Place a towel, book or sometimes a postit note....and then not come back for HOURS (if even at all)...

That is a Chair Hog!

[quote name='jnadz']Who can actually say they are not a chair hog?

I want to be repectful to all passengers, but who actually sits in a chair, then picks up all their stuff to go to lunch for 20-30 minutes and then starts the search for a new chair all over?..... anybody?.....[/quote]

I have never left my stuff in a chair. However, I am not one to lay in the sun or in a chair all day. A couple hours is enough for me and then it's time to move on and do something else.

[quote name='LemurCat'](Yes, I really do have a heart.)[/quote]

[quote name='trock']Who said you didnt have a heart?? i never thought otherwise![/quote]

LOL! That is the rap that educated, strong, opinionated women live with:D

[quote name='idjaffe']Chair hogs should not exist...BUT the Chair police offten go too far.

On one cruise, my wife went to get us a couple of chairs while I took the kids to the camp.

As I entered the pool area, she saw me and got up from the chair she was in to go to the bathroom. Within seconds, a couple dove into our chairs. (I am talking the time it takes to walk down 1 flight, and across the pool deck).

When I walked up and informed them that they were in my chairs, they started yelling at me that there was "no saving" and claimed that we were hogs.

That was as close as I ever got to a fight onboard a ship. The only reason it didn't happen was the 20 or 30 people around us that ALL came to our defense....and after 10 minutes of yelling, finaly they got up.

As for us - we like to be in specific areas so we can watch the kids when they are in the pool or on the slide. SO - one of us gets up early (usually around 7:30ish) and goes to get chairs. The other will join with the kids about a 1/2 hour later.

Then we go for breakfast (ususaly bring the food out and eat at a table near our chairs).

We are back in the chairs by 8:30ish....one of us takes the kids to the club around 9.

Then (other than bathroom, pool, bar, etc) we are in the chairs all day. We grab lunch and either bring it back to the chairs, or sit at a table nearby for 10 minutes while the kids eat.

We consider ourselves activly using the chairs all of that time. We do not leave them for hours at a time.

Don't consider ourselves hogs (in fact, we only take 2 chairs for 4 of us)....and if someone was to grab the chairs during the 10 minutes that we are eating, we would be VERY upset.[/quote]

Another great post, your right it does seem there are rude people on both sides of this problem.

[quote name='Kurbanfan']LOL! That is the rap that educated, strong, opinionated women live with:D[/quote]

If you have an opinion, you are automatically a B*tch.. I get it everyday at work... and I very bluntly tell them (bosses) .. OH if I had a P***S like you, then you would think I was agressive and a go getter... :rolleyes:

:p

[quote name='trock']If you have an opinion, you are automatically a B*tch.. I get it everyday at work... and I very bluntly tell them (bosses) .. OH if I had a P***S like you, then you would think I was agressive and a go getter... :rolleyes:

:p[/quote]

Oh stop your man hating. :D

[quote name='trock']If you have an opinion, you are automatically a B*tch.. I get it everyday at work... and I very bluntly tell them (bosses) .. OH if I had a P***S like you, then you would think I was agressive and a go getter... :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! True!!!

[quote name='Kurbanfan']LOL! That is the rap that educated, strong, opinionated women live with:D[/quote]

[quote name='knight2096']Oh stop your man hating. :D[/quote]

Honey I dont hate men, i love them.. unfortunately the ones i work for are a bit ol'fashioned... but they are good people..

[quote name='trock']Honey I dont hate men, i love them.. unfortunately the ones i work for are a bit ol'fashioned... but they are good people..[/quote]

I love men. Especially when they stop whining and do as they're told. ;)

[quote name='trock']LMAO
You know there is a joke in there somewhere involving leather and a whip[/quote]

I was looking for an accompanying image, but didn't want to offend the sensabilities of some of our more conservative messageboard companions.

See, I have restraint too. I mean restraints. I mean ... oh hell ... forget it ...:D

[quote name='LemurCat']I was looking for an accompanying image, but didn't want to offend the sensabilities of some of our more conservative messageboard companions.

See, I have restraint too. I mean restraints. I mean ... oh hell ... forget it ...:D[/quote]
haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Gotcha!

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][URL="http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=44682569894"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]

Isnt there a little smiley emoticon with a whip?

Not always true, I have many times seen other women acting very b*tchy at work and get away with it. There are some things we women can get away with saying that a man would never be allowed to get away with. Two sides to that coin.

Archived