Everybody talks about chair hogs, but.....

jnadz

[quote name='mkdreams']Not always true, I have many times seen other women acting very b*tchy at work and get away with it. There are some things we women can get away with saying that a man would never be allowed to get away with. Two sides to that coin.[/quote]

Absolutely true. And if you really want to get away with things and your boss is a guy, just start crying when you get in trouble. And then blame it on your girly time. It's like a "Get Out of Going to HR" card.**

(**Don't follow this advice if you actually want to keep your job.)

[quote name='mkdreams']Not always true, I have many times seen other women acting very b*tchy at work and get away with it. There are some things we women can get away with saying that a man would never be allowed to get away with. Two sides to that coin.[/quote]

There is a difference to being bitchy and assertive......we are soo misunderstood:p

I don't disagree.. It depends on the man and the woman and to me it sometimes seems to correlate to her cup size- being, the larger it is, the more she gets a way with.. I know trust me.. I get away with a lot! LOL:eek::p

I don't disagree.. It depends on the man and the woman and to me it sometimes seems to correlate to her cup size- being, the larger it is, the more she gets a way with.. I know trust me.. I get away with a lot! LOL:eek::p

Yeah that can be true lol.

Chair hogs should not exist...BUT the Chair police offten go too far.

On one cruise, my wife went to get us a couple of chairs while I took the kids to the camp.

As I entered the pool area, she saw me and got up from the chair she was in to go to the bathroom. Within seconds, a couple dove into our chairs. (I am talking the time it takes to walk down 1 flight, and across the pool deck).

When I walked up and informed them that they were in my chairs, they started yelling at me that there was "no saving" and claimed that we were hogs.

That was as close as I ever got to a fight onboard a ship. The only reason it didn't happen was the 20 or 30 people around us that ALL came to our defense....and after 10 minutes of yelling, finaly they got up.

As for us - we like to be in specific areas so we can watch the kids when they are in the pool or on the slide. SO - one of us gets up early (usually around 7:30ish) and goes to get chairs. The other will join with the kids about a 1/2 hour later.

Then we go for breakfast (ususaly bring the food out and eat at a table near our chairs).

We are back in the chairs by 8:30ish....one of us takes the kids to the club around 9.

Then (other than bathroom, pool, bar, etc) we are in the chairs all day. We grab lunch and either bring it back to the chairs, or sit at a table nearby for 10 minutes while the kids eat.

We consider ourselves activly using the chairs all of that time. We do not leave them for hours at a time.

Don't consider ourselves hogs (in fact, we only take 2 chairs for 4 of us)....and if someone was to grab the chairs during the 10 minutes that we are eating, we would be VERY upset.

Wait let me see if I'm reading this right. Your wife got up and left the chairs empty I assume and you are upset someone else sat in them? How were they to know she was coming back or you were going to sit in them if she didn't even leave anything in them? To me you were in the wrong. Other passengers aren't mind readers, you leave chairs empty, they are going to sit in them.

Then when you want to eat lunch you go and sit at a table so no one can use it and guard your chairs from there? So you are taking up 2 unused chairs and a table?

How is that not rude? They aren't YOUR chairs, they are for all passengers and if you are going to be seated else where, someone else should be allowed to sit in the chairs.

I don't understand this possessive nature, like once you tag it, it's yours no matter what. It's a public chair.

Who can actually say they are not a chair hog?

I want to be repectful to all passengers, but who actually sits in a chair, then picks up all their stuff to go to lunch for 20-30 minutes and then starts the search for a new chair all over?..... anybody?.....

I do! If I'm getting in the pool, I leave my things on the chair, that's what it's there for. If I'm going to eat I take my things with me so I don't have to keep one eye on my plate and one eye on my chair. During the course of my pool time I usually end up sitting in several different locations. I don't grab a chair early and hold on to it all day. I think that's ridiculous.

And you get to choose the size:D

And it doesn't come attached to the annoyance at one end the way the real thing does.;)

I kid, I kid.

I love men. I love them even more when they clean my house, cook my meals, and don't complain about me spending their money.

Why would be jealous of one of those when I can buy one at that little shop down in the Village? ;)

And you get to choose the size:D

And color...

I think we are all losing our minds...

My husband and I recently cruised with a group of friends that we had met on a CC group cruise. He dosnt do the boards, but I tell him about some of the crazy stuff that gets posted.

Does anyone remember the chair that was saved by an Orange?

Well, we were all on Lido about 4 in the afternoon of a seaday.Little squall comes up and people just started to scatter.We were glad because we knew it would be a very short rain. Steve had been walking around and came back just laughing,said he had not believed the orange story,but he saw 2 chairs with nothing on them but oranges:DHe got the picture,I cant find it to post, but it was a real eye opener for him.

See, I don't consider that a chair hog. If you're using the chair and want to run down to get some food quickly how is that wrong? I really think people are stretching the chair hog thing too far. Chair hogs that upset me are the ones who don't USE the chair, they just put their towel on it early morning and aren't seen again or very rarely.... if you're using the chair all day and want to go get food, go get it.

On my last cruise I saw someone take a chair because "there is nobody there, they can't save it with a towel" and the person that had been sitting next to us was literally gone 5 minutes. When they came back they told the girl she was in their chair and she pointed across the way and said "oh. there's one over there" meanwhile...they were a couple. I think that is plain rude. So an "anti-chair hog" can be as disrespectful as so called chair hogs.

There has to be some give and take, I don't think going to get food classifies as hogging. Leaving a towel there all day without USING it, now that's a whole other story.

Megan

The person that I would consider the chair hog is the one that stole the other persons chair after it was pointed out that they were gone only five minutes. Some people are taking this a bit exteme. :rolleyes:

If I see an empty chair and want to sit, I'm going to sit in it, how is that being rude? I'm all for leaving something in a chair if you are getting up for the bathroom, quick dip, grab a snack to eat in your chair etc. But if you leave it empty someone is going to sit in it and they have every right to do so. Get over it :rolleyes:

Wait let me see if I'm reading this right. Your wife got up and left the chairs empty I assume and you are upset someone else sat in them? How were they to know she was coming back or you were going to sit in them if she didn't even leave anything in them? To me you were in the wrong. Other passengers aren't mind readers, you leave chairs empty, they are going to sit in them.

Then when you want to eat lunch you go and sit at a table so no one can use it and guard your chairs from there? So you are taking up 2 unused chairs and a table?

How is that not rude? They aren't YOUR chairs, they are for all passengers and if you are going to be seated else where, someone else should be allowed to sit in the chairs.

I don't understand this possessive nature, like once you tag it, it's yours no matter what. It's a public chair.

First - She did not leave them empty....no mind readin neccessary....she left towels, a hat, books, lotion, etc. The chiars were set up for a days worth of use.

During lunch - YUP! for 10 minutes my family has lunch at a table outside, and then goes back to the chairs we have been using all day. The chairs are not "unused"...if the family was all in the pool it would be the same thing. We are NOT talking about leaving the pool area, or for long periods of time...

As for being rude - Don't agree. If I got up early in the morning, and have been an active user all day, and get up for 10 minutes for lunch...with full intention of coming directly back, I should be able to "retain" the chairs. There is a huge difference between hogging withou use, and "taking a short break".

Public Chair - Yes it is...and as a public chair, if you get up early you can claim it - as long as you use it. To me, the issue is those that drop a "saver" because they "may come back later and want it". Completly different.

the person that i would consider the chair hog is the one that stole the other persons chair after it was pointed out that they were gone only five minutes. Some people are taking this a bit exteme. :rolleyes:

yes!

Archived