Shorts allowed in one main dining room

coffeebean

About every five days another thread is started on this subject-- men should just put on a pair of pants for dinner-- how difficult is that--even my sons in their twenties put pants on for dinner in a restaurant --- why can't people go along with this??

I am tired of reading about it.

Big Green

Wow just over here from Celebrity Forum...if this was even mentioned (shorts in Main Dining Room) there would be a 200 post thread in 24 hrs. They are really hyper on the dress for dinner theme!! That said I guess it's not too much to ask to put on pants (but then the ladies should really wear no Capri pants, or VERY short dresses either):D

About every five days another thread is started on this subject-- men should just put on a pair of pants for dinner-- how difficult is that--even my sons in their twenties put pants on for dinner in a restaurant --- why can't people go along with this??

I am tired of reading about it.

Big Green

I agree completely; I've never understood why some guys find it so difficult to change into a decent pair of pants and a polo shirt to go have dinner in one of the main dining rooms. The whole procedure might add maybe a whopping 60 seconds to getting ready for dinner. Anyone that gung-ho about shorts should just go eat in the buffet restaurant.

...(but then the ladies should really wear no Capri pants' date=' or VERY short dresses either):D[/quote']

I once saw a 20-something woman show up at the dining room aboard the Star wearing a VERY short, strapless cocktail dress (and, pardon me ladies, but it was NOT that flattering of a look!). If they are going to allow that (because it is a "formal" or at least "semi-formal" get-up), then any rules against shorts or tube tops become meaningless in my opinion.

Personally, I think it's all about intent. I like to feel that others are dressed neatly and have made an effort to clean up for dinner, not just traipse into the DRs in the same clothes they have worn all day. I suppose shorts would be OK if this were true, but how long before many will be in the crumpled, sweaty shorts they have sat in the sun in all day?

Although the concept of "Freestyle" is a good one, you are always going to get those people who want to Push it as far as they can. I for one like to see people dressed nicely at dinner, not in shorts - which I have seen people turned away wearing. However I don't think Jeans are the correct way to go either and I have seen many people dressed in jeans (some presentable - some definitely not) My idea of dressy jeans and your idea of dressy jeans are probably not one in the same. People should just try to look nice, clean and well groomed. Just because you are on vacation doesn't mean you need to look like a slob;)

I'm with you. How much effort does it take to shower and put on clean casual cothing before going to dinner?

Yes, one must wear clean casual clothing to the MDR, but the daillies say nothing about taking a shower! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

DT

Archived