alcohol policy

how strict are they bringing it aboard. anyone have any experience with these rumrunnerflasks.com Is it worth it? Pretty expensive aboard correct? Any bad stories about sneaking alcohol aboard?

Thanks

Plenty of threads on it.

The short and sweet:

rumrunners seem to be pretty effective.

If you get caught they will confiscate it.

Never heard any credible story in which something serious happened to someone 21+ "smuggling" booze.

RCI is very strict. On our Feb cruise,they were confiscating luggage that had anything remotely close to alcohol...you had to go down and open your luggage and let them see...they had a whole sea of luggage...

There are bars on board that actually sell alcohol.

Ray...........you win the "quote of the night" award.

To answer your question.........they are very strict on trying to bring alcohol aboard..............as it's not allowed!!

And then everone here will tell you how to do it!!:rolleyes:

If you get caught..........tough S...!

When there is a will...........there is a way!!:D

Rick

how strict are they bringing it aboard. anyone have any experience with these rumrunnerflasks.com Is it worth it? Pretty expensive aboard correct? Any bad stories about sneaking alcohol aboard?

Thanks

And it is actually NOT "pretty expensive" aboard. Drink prices are cheaper than they are in regular nice bars around here.

If you do a search , you will find this is a common and frequent question.

There have been some ingenious solutions to bringing alcohol onboard. many are successful but some, as the other have said, do have it confiscated.

Prices are higher than you are probably used to paying for. I have been told that cocoa spiked w/ Bailey's on the Alaskan cruises is $10/each. I would certainly call that expensive!

A 15% gratuity is added to each purchase. Keep that in mind so you don't double tip.

Here is Royal Caribbean's response to that question. Take it for what is it worth.

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

And it is actually NOT "pretty expensive" aboard. Drink prices are cheaper than they are in regular nice bars around here.

I agree. Drink prices seem comparable to nicer hotels and resorts that I stay at when traveling for business. Some places are more expensive...in New York I paid $7.50 for a bottle of Miller Lite at a local pub, and at a high-end restaurant we were paying $15.00 for a Bacardi Coke. :rolleyes:

Thanks

You can be denied boarding is it worth it?

You can be denied boarding is it worth it?

Anyone ever personally witness someone be denied boarding.

Anyone have a family member or someone part of their group be denied boarding.

I never "smuggle" booze but honestly I find it hard to believe that RCCL would deny someone boarding.

I think this is more to handle "escalated issues".

Someone smuggles, gets caught, gets upsets/violent, tries to take alchohol in by force, in other words acts like a total ace. Then they can deny them and are covered via the contract (no chance of lawsuit).

If you do a search , you will find this is a common and frequent question.

There have been some ingenious solutions to bringing alcohol onboard. many are successful but some, as the other have said, do have it confiscated.

Prices are higher than you are probably used to paying for. I have been told that cocoa spiked w/ Bailey's on the Alaskan cruises is $10/each. I would certainly call that expensive!

A 15% gratuity is added to each purchase. Keep that in mind so you don't double tip.

I think ours ended up a little under $10 w/ the gratuity last year, I'd have to find the cruise bill. You do get to keep the cup- it is in a travel coffee cup with a screw on lid.

Thanks

Do a search on these boards for "rumrunner", and you can see from those that have used them. Take it easy, and happy cruising.

Being able to bring on board one bottle of wine per person should not be unreasonable.

However, due to financial considerations it is not allowed on RCL.

After all, one has no problem bringing wine or even real alcohol into their room or suite at ANY hotel or fine resort in the world so why should a cruise ship be any different?

Having said that, the highest level of baggage review for alcohol on RCL is during Spring Break, and it's hard to be critical of RCL about that due to the number of young and amateur alcohol drinkers.

In March, we packed one bottle of wine each in our luggage.

When it arrived at our cabin, one made it thru and another was confiscated. Go figure as we dropped off our bags together.

In April, on another RCL ship, we did the same thing and both bottles made it thru.

I think the discussion of this issue gets a bit carried away on this board as I can see both sides.

But again, if you can do it in a 5 star resort, why not on board?

Being able to bring on board one bottle of wine per person should not be unreasonable.

However, due to financial considerations it is not allowed on RCL.

After all, one has no problem bringing wine or even real alcohol into their room or suite at ANY hotel or fine resort in the world so why should a cruise ship be any different?

Having said that, the highest level of baggage review for alcohol on RCL is during Spring Break, and it's hard to be critical of RCL about that due to the number of young and amateur alcohol drinkers.

In March, we packed one bottle of wine each in our luggage.

When it arrived at our cabin, one made it thru and another was confiscated. Go figure as we dropped off our bags together.

In April, on another RCL ship, we did the same thing and both bottles made it thru.

I think the discussion of this issue gets a bit carried away on this board as I can see both sides.

But again, if you can do it in a 5 star resort, why not on board?

In addition to the financial reason for having passengers buy all of their drinks from the ships bartenders, there is also the safety issue. Some people do not know when to stop the party. If they have access to liquor in their room, the ship can not cut them off. Even on cruise ships the bartenders are trained on when to "86" a customer for their safety and the enjoyment of the rest of the passengers.

Even 5 star resorts will key a customer out of their room and give them an empty room to sleep it off in when they think the client is just going to keep drinking all night long in their room.

It isn't the casual glass of wine or cocktail before dinner that concerns the cruise ships it is the nasty loud drunk sitting on the balcony railing sing "Horse with no name" at 3 in the morning.

It isn't the casual glass of wine or cocktail before dinner that concerns the cruise ships it is the nasty loud drunk sitting on the balcony railing sing "Horse with no name" at 3 in the morning.

I agree. You think they'd at least have the decency to sing a respectable drinking song like Louie Louie. :D

Islandbear,

I appreciate your altrusitic views of why RCL has the no bringing any alcohol on board policy but as a practical matter you must turn in early when on board and not see what I see.

just a few weeks ago I was on the Enchantment and my wife and I were at the bar in Boleros at around 8:30 P.M.

A clearly overserved EMPLOYEE of Celebrity Cruise line (he had his Employee badge haging around his neck!) was harrassing female passengers and knocked his beer off the bar.

Reaction of bar staff? They just gave him more FREE beer (YES FREE, when he finally stumbled away into the night after two more he never signed a seapass tab)).

Please, I can relate story after story of observing way overserved passengers late in RCL bars who keep getting served WAY past what they would at any local bar or restaurant.

Follow the money, that's what it's all about.

Islandbear,

I appreciate your altrusitic views of why RCL has the no bringing any alcohol on board policy but as a practical matter you must turn in early when on board and not see what I see.

just a few weeks ago I was on the Enchantment and my wife and I were at the bar in Boleros at around 8:30 P.M.

A clearly overserved EMPLOYEE of Celebrity Cruise line (he had his Employee badge haging around his neck!) was harrassing female passengers and knocked his beer off the bar.

Reaction of bar staff? They just gave him more FREE beer (YES FREE, when he finally stumbled away into the night after two more he never signed a seapass tab)).

Please, I can relate story after story of observing way overserved passengers late in RCL bars who keep getting served WAY past what they would at any local bar or restaurant.

Follow the money, that's what it's all about.

WOW I can't remember the last time I was up that late! Must have been some party. :D

Archived