Odessa help PLEASE

I have searched and searched without success for info on Odessa:(. I would really appreciate any help/suggestions you wonderful people can give me. We are scheduled to be in port from 07.00 to 13.00. I have no idea of the size of the port, would we need to do a tour to see the Opera House etc or are they close enough to the port to visit on our own:confused:.

Thank you in anticipation as I have every faith that you will be able to help me, Misty

It's a fairly short time you have there, since usually you should be back at the ship in good time before it leaves. The good news is that you will be docked very close to town, and can walk in. The famous Potemkin Steps should be visible from the ship, and you can walk up. I can't tell you about the opera house, since it was closed for renovations when I was there. But the old city is full of wonderful architecture, very photogenic. And palaces that don't look like much on the outside but are wonderful inside.

If I were you, I would get a guide, but barring that, you're going to have to find a good map of the city with its attractions, and plot a course for yourself, remembering all those steps that you have to go down to get back to the port.

Hi again Kendra, I hope these replies have been of some help to you. I see you are not having much luck with your roll call, we have picked up 1 couple but that is all though. Amazes me how some calls have so many. Good luck, Cheers Misty

Archived