Laundry on Insignia

Queen of DaNile

• 2 weeks later...

Claudia:

Thanks for the self-service laundry information. We are sailing on Insignia down ther Amazon and out to Barbados for a two week cruise in March, and this information was very helpful.

Phil & Edith

You will not see or hear any noise from the laundry room even if you are across from it..it is very quiet..Laundry room is about at cabin 7074 on the port side..I always like a cabin around there so when everyone is heading for dinner, I can throw my clothes in when no one is around..

Jan

Just a note: there are posted hours of operation, and you can get tokens for the machines from the Purser.....$1.50 each for the washer and dryer. Detergent is provided. And there are two ironing boards and irons if all you need is a touch up. On sea days, it's very hard to get a free machine. Off hours are best. Bon Voyage.

We were on Insignia from 12/04 to 12/17, in Cabin 7088 which was just down the hall and across from the laundry facilities. We never heard any sound coming from the laundry room, although it was quite busy most of the time.

We did two separate loads of laundry during our cruise and both times had to stick our heads in the door and ask if there were any washers available. Usually by the second or third inquiry, there was a vacancy. The washers did a very good job of cleaning, and we were happy with the service.

Our ship was only 2/3 full, so that could also have effected availability. I did see a sign somewhere on the ship that there were additional passenger laundry facilities on Deck 4, but never did go look for them since the facilities on Deck 7 were so close to us.

Happy to hear there are washers on this ship. We usually sail on Radisson and they have free laundry rooms on every deck. 2 washers and 2 dryers and 2 ironing boards. But I won't mind paying the small fee as long as I can pack lightly! I don't know why people would worry about the noise a washer & dryer make. How loud do they think they are? Some people worry about everything.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all our Cruise Critic families!:D

Self service laundry rooms are available first come, first served to everyone, on Insignia and Regatta (assuming Nautica will be the same). The only extra laundry-related service that concierge and above passengers get is complimentary pressing (within reason -- they won't take your whole suitcase).

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from the 12/17 sailing of Insignia. It appeared to be fully booked. Although we did not use the laundry, we had dinner with several people who did make use of it. There appeared to be a consensus that it was a very very busy place on sea days. One lady told us that the laundry room was somewhat of place for people to converse with each other -- including what they thought of various crew members, etc.

Insignia was delayed for a little over an hour after departing from Puerto Madryn, supposedly because a passenger was left behind. After seeing the rescue boat dispatched with three crew members and return with three crew members, there was a mystery as to what really happened and why the delay. The lady who told us about the laundry room conversations told us that the word in the laundry room was that the ship's security officer ordered the delay for unknown reasons, and that there wasn't anyone left on shore. She then added that "if you hear it in the laundry room, it must be true." :D

Archived