Obstructed view Balcony on SPirit class

Anyone ever have a obstructed balcony view on teh spirit class? Photos? We are taking a alska cruise next year and trying to plan our cabins out. Everyone says you need a balcony for alaska. Well due to the economy and us being very cheap we are thinking of going with a obstructed view. Your thoughts?:p

There's been a few threads of this, try searching 7A spirit or some such, for a lot of pics. :)

We had 5169 on the Miracle - it's the ideal cabin you're looking for in a Spirit Class obstructed view.

What you want to get is one of the 7A's AFTER the first three lifeboats (they're taller), and a room that is in-between two boats (so you can see out AND down). If you can't get an "in-betweener", the others are just fine, as long as they're back past those first three boats.

However. My parents just got back from Alaska (not on Carnival) - and part of what you're going to look at is in the water - birds, wildlife, etc. I'm not sure a balcony that does not allow you a clear view of "down" is ideal for that particular itinerary. If it's a money issue, however - go right on ahead!

The degree of obstruction varies by location, but I sure wouldn't take the chance. I'd either bite the bullet and book a nice balcony, or save the money, book inside and enjoy Alaska from other vantage points on the ship.

Hate to tempt you, but take a peek at Alaska from our (NCL Pearl) balcony (note the Floridians in brand new parkas....)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=10q6e9zr.6ttf0q17&x=0&y=g9c3ys&localeid=en_US&cm_mmc=site_email-_-site_share-_-core-_-view_photos_button

Oh thank you for the photos! They are beatiful! I am so jealous... I cant wait for our trip, its still about a year away. We are celebrating my hubbys graduation from Texas A & M. my best friend is also going for her honeymoon so we will both be celebrating. Her family is paying for them as a gift ( lucky them) So we are working on saving enough for a balcony but we will just have to see.

I have photos of a Spirit class obstructed balcony in this thread... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=906688

We enjoy the 7A's. As long as you don't get a cabin with the larger life boats, the view out is the same as any other balcony on the ship. You just can't see straight down to the water. You'll be able to see the glaciers, mountains, horizon, etc. just fine. Any cabin between 5168 and 5191 will have the short life boats(better views).

I have photos of a Spirit class obstructed balcony in this thread... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=906688

We enjoy the 7A's. As long as you don't get a cabin with the larger life boats, the view out is the same as any other balcony on the ship. You just can't see straight down to the water. You'll be able to see the glaciers, mountains, horizon, etc. just fine. Any cabin between 5168 and 5191 will have the short life boats(better views).

That helps me so much! Our group has 4 cabins between 5175 to 5184, so that greatly reassures me!

5235 is an inbetween cabin so you can see down between the lifeboats, and 5236 is the prized cabin with the bowling alley balcony.

I had one of those on the Legend. My folks were next to me. I used to call them in the morning and ask them what it was like out. My dad would always reply "Lifeboat" and then hang up on me. ;)

I had one of those on the Legend. My folks were next to me. I used to call them in the morning and ask them what it was like out. My dad would always reply "Lifeboat" and then hang up on me. ;)

Your dad sounds like mine. We stayed in a 7A on the Miracle a couple of years ago and are going to Alaska on the Spirit in a 7A in a few weeks. It was significantly less expensive than the cat 8 or 9 and not much more than OV. We found it to be fine and the lifeboat did not interfere with our view.

As stated before it really depends on what location you are in - personally I like them - have stayed in them twice and would again in a heart beat. I quess that is why there is so much choice out there!

Archived